Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2006, 12:05 PM   #76
VascoMerlin OP
He'll Stab Your Cat

Oddometer: 413
so far we have had the guy that spent the most on bolt ons... and the guy that spent the least to turn his bike in to the ugliest thing this website has ever seen. i applaud you for being an individual and using your own ingenuity to design a front fairing for yourself... but... i think some more work needs to be done. jk

please guys--- lets see some more pictures of your bike and things that you have done-- even the ugly bike guy post a picture of his monstrosity!
VascoMerlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 03:38 PM   #77
HighDezert
KLR Dirt Pilot

Oddometer: 120
Is that your head or did your neck throw up?

I like ugly, and i'm ugly too, so the bike works for me. I'll have some more pics soon, maybe some water crossing clips if i can get a chance to edit the footage.

I'm all about function over form, and what it looks like is pretty low on my list of priorities. I'll spend money where it counts, suspension, reliability, crash protection, and save money to put it where it makes a functional difference If i wanted a pretty bike i sure as hell wouldn't have started with the KLR, it's fugly to begin with. Eventually the bike will be all desert camo and i might mount some tool tubes with nosecones and fins, rocket launcher style.

I'm also considering reloacting the coolant tank to possibly make room to shove a normalizing turbo under there, enough to give me 30-31in/hg at high elevation. It gets kind of anemic above 9k.
HighDezert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 03:48 PM   #78
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,051

GB screwed with this post 09-12-2006 at 03:51 PM
GB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 06:25 AM   #79
VascoMerlin OP
He'll Stab Your Cat

Thank you for the picture gadget boy!!!!!
How do you like the highway pegs on the the engine guard?
Do you find yourself using them often?
They are sitting on my floor along with the nerf bars at my office right now, so just curious
Old 09-01-2006, 06:43 AM   #80
Paves
Beetrt/liver sausage

Oddometer: 1,647
KLRific,
I put h/way pegs on my klr for a 3000km ride a few weeks ago, thinking I wouldn't use them much. I rode 1020kms on the last day between 4am and 7.30pm. The pegs were terrific, giving me a couple more sitting positions and saving my butt from a fate worse than death. I even had my boots resting on them for quite a while at times. I also like the idea they help protect the radiator in a low speed fall over, which often seems to happen to me when I'm coming to a stop on gravel and pull on the front brake a bit too much .

"All the freaky people make the beauty in the world" - Michael Franty. Weird, odd and proud of it
Paves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 07:06 AM   #81
VascoMerlin OP
He'll Stab Your Cat

This was my overnight fun!
WOW what a difference
Attached Images

Old 09-01-2006, 07:08 AM   #82
VascoMerlin OP
He'll Stab Your Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paves
KLRific,
I put h/way pegs on my klr for a 3000km ride a few weeks ago, thinking I wouldn't use them much. I rode 1020kms on the last day between 4am and 7.30pm. The pegs were terrific, giving me a couple more sitting positions and saving my butt from a fate worse than death. I even had my boots resting on them for quite a while at times. I also like the idea they help protect the radiator in a low speed fall over, which often seems to happen to me when I'm coming to a stop on gravel and pull on the front brake a bit too much .
Did you put the nerf bars on as well?
Any problems to report with them?
Old 09-01-2006, 07:10 AM   #83
Paves
Beetrt/liver sausage

No nerf bars - too heavy and expensive for my liking. I'd like that bigger front brake disc though

"All the freaky people make the beauty in the world" - Michael Franty. Weird, odd and proud of it
Old 09-01-2006, 07:11 AM   #84
orklr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 155
Hi,

New guy here. I just bought an '07 KLR and have started tinkering on it. Has anyone checked out the Electrosport ESG451 (400w) Stator and ESR262 regulator combo? If so, is it worth the $$$?
or

Thanks
orklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 07:15 AM   #85
805gregg
Just Stroming along

Oddometer: 1,450
I did eveything listed and more, it was still a POS so I sold it.
805gregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 07:27 AM   #86
rick danger
Off the wagon

Oddometer: 4,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paves
KLRific,
I also like the idea they help protect the radiator in a low speed fall over, which often seems to happen to me when I'm coming to a stop on gravel and pull on the front brake a bit too much .
I slid some square stock inside the highway bars and slid the pegs over it doing away with the folding aspect. Works real good in a spill for protecting the bike and keeping it raised up. And I test it quite often. You just get a big wrench or something, bend em' back, and your ready to crash again!

rick danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 07:28 AM   #87
VascoMerlin OP
He'll Stab Your Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 805gregg
I did eveything listed and more, it was still a POS so I sold it.
Hey quit-er,

No need to come down here and piss on our parade!
We are here to celebrate the inadequacy of our beloved KLR and the steps, processes, and toys to make what we want. And for everyone, that is something different, that is why we love it. So if you failed to succeed in your dream of what you thought this bike should be, blame yourself, and not a machine which was built and serves for one reason--- bring enjoyment to it's owner.

asshole

jason
Old 09-01-2006, 07:33 AM   #88
VascoMerlin OP
He'll Stab Your Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick danger
I slid some square stock inside the highway bars and slid the pegs over it doing away with the folding aspect. Works real good in a spill for protecting the bike and keeping it raised up. And I test it quite often. You just get a big wrench or something, bend em' back, and your ready to crash again!
That is all to funny, would you happen to have a picture of that?
Have you seen anyone with a device to protect the rear swingarm, rear fairings, etc...?
Old 09-01-2006, 08:01 AM   #89
Paves
Beetrt/liver sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLRific
Have you seen anyone with a device to protect the rear swingarm, rear fairings, etc...?
Dunno bout protecting the swingarm! but here's a pic showing my homemade saddle bag rack that acts a s some sort of rotection for the rear parts.

Old 09-01-2006, 08:36 AM   #90
rick danger
Off the wagon

Oddometer: 4,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLRific
No up close pics ,but you can see it ftrom here a little. I looked for some rear axel sliders ,but thet don't make em for the klr. I was gonna make something but never did
Attached Images

rick danger is offline   Reply With Quote