Wow.....

Think that gets him laid?
HiSPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 04:47 AM   #33
Hay Ewe
Just a Wannabe

Oddometer: 2,727
Bump
and I am looking to get some for our wet season training / off season training to complement my cycling

thinking that the ones that are more like cross country skies and suitable for usin in the wet would be best

any new people to this thread?

Hay Ewe
He'd swear a lot, dance on the log cards, piss in Johnny's beer and head off to the nearest bar 🍷
Hay Ewe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:12 AM   #34
cagiva549
whats a cagiva

Oddometer: 2,454
Have I got a deal for you ! Years back I thought it looked fun so I bought a pair of in lines real cheap . They were from a major brand clear the shelf mark down section . Real good price but they were plastic boot racing skates , just what anybody needs to learn on , no brakes . I practiced in my shop a bit than headed for the beach with my GF , the wide sidewalk with a curb on the road side and a 15 foot drop into the rocks on the ocean side is just the place to show off your skills . After buckling the very fine rolling wheels with no brakes to my feet I headed across the 6 lane boulevard toward the wide sidewalk . About half way across I realized how awesome these skates were , the road was slopped toward the beach and I was gaining speed rapidly . Talk about an AW SHIT moment . Luckily there was a light pole for the signal lights at the edge of the road and the sidewalk , As I sailed past it a warp speed I grabbed it and spun around it and headed down the sidewalk like I knew what I was doing Looking very stylish . I skated a mile or so , turned around with out any major mishaps , skated back to our room and took them off without making too big a fool out of myself . They have been collecting dust ever since .
For sale cheap , slightly used inline racing skates . SEYA
05 ST3 duck
07 KTM 450 EXC
86 Goldwing my geezer ride
cagiva549 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:27 AM   #35
spagthorpe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 14,617
I think I would want a pair with the hand brake controls or something. I can just imagine how out of control you could get with those things. I've always thought they looked like fun, but I fscked my ankle up good about the time they first came out.
spagthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:54 AM   #36
Callahan71
Banned

Oddometer: 4,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by spagthorpe View Post
I think I would want a pair with the hand brake controls or something. I can just imagine how out of control you could get with those things. I've always thought they looked like fun, but I fscked my ankle up good about the time they first came out.
I'd like to see that. Rollerblading is :ymca enough already, no need to add to the effect.

The rear brake is very easy to use once you get the hang of it. Don't start off heading downhill
Callahan71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:55 AM   #37
flieger
Retired heli-lackey

Oddometer: 856
I used to do ten miles every morning before work.

Get a copy of 'Inline!' by William Nealy. Chock full of great instruction presented in cartoon format. Best skating book I ever read.

And carry anti-dog ordinance.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:34 AM   #38
Hay Ewe
Just a Wannabe

Oddometer: 2,727
Cross country skiers / roller blades

Have been doing more research and am definatly leaning towards getting skates that replicate cross country ski-ing more than normal inline blades - also get a better upper body work out as well I think

prices dont seem too bad, but the costs I have seen I need to add in shoes and then freight to Australia

the AUS $ is better then the US $ at the moment so that is good, but will have to wait a while as we have just bought a house

so, any cross country skiers out there that use these type of skates when there is no snow around?

Hay Ewe
He'd swear a lot, dance on the log cards, piss in Johnny's beer and head off to the nearest bar 🍷
Hay Ewe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:13 PM   #39
plutonic
Outsider

Oddometer: 3,717
The Rollerblade brand is pretty good, but some of their skates are not comfortable at all. K2 blades using "soft boot" technology, which makes a world of a difference. Try them.
I have two pairs: FattyPro for aggressive riding, jumping and grinding. Il Capo for everything else. I love 'em both.

"You are born. And you die. And if you are very lucky in between you get to ride motorcycles."
plutonic is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: