User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2006, 10:03 PM   #1
BryceBug OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Vegas to Reno and desert camping

My dad took me and my brother out to see the Vegas to Reno race again this year. Mom decided it was best that she stayed at home. He even took me out of school early (I had an "appointment" ) so we could see more bikes at the Weeks pit. We got there in time to see all but the first three bikes.

My dad really wanted to see some fellow Adventure riders in the race, as well as some other guy he knows on some XR list. I just wanted to see the racing. Peter wasn't real impressed with the noise, so he stayed near the van most of the night. Once it started getting dark, Dad took more pictures. Dad even helped the Honda pit guys start a bike. That was cool.

Here's me watching a pit stop right in front of me:

And another truck:

Once Saturday morning came, almost everyone was gone. But, there were still people on the race course.

But once the course was cleared, it was time for us to play. Here's me on my TTR90 on the straight in front of pit row:

And here's my brother, Peter. This is the second time he's been on my old PW50:

After eating breakfast, Dad packed us up and took us to the dry lake we went to last year. It wasn't too far away, so that gave us lots of time to play.

Here's Peter again:

And here's me:

Dad even chased us around while taking pictures and video of us. He said he was having fun and got really dirty, too:

Here's my dad taking a video of Peter:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FdMYtZy0FE

And here he is chasing me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaox7cPW7N8

It wasn't all motorcycles, either:

But the wind made it hard to find the rockets, even in the desert:

And when we got tired, Dad set up Dust to Glory for us to watch (that's Peter):

There was also a lot of brass all over the place. Peter and I spent a lot of time collecting it and playing games:

The fun got even better once it started to get dark. This headlamp was a lot better than the flashlight we used last year.

Soon after riding, we did one more rocket launch. That was cool in the dark. Since Peter doesn't like loud noises, he stayed in the van. He was so tired, he was asleep by the time we came back to see him. Dad and I had a campfire and popcorn, and I got tired. It was a long day.

Dad says that I'm starting to go too fast and that he's going to need a faster bike. He already has a bike like Mouse, isn't that fast enough? He likes the new BMW and KTM big bikes, but I don't think Mom will like that idea. She doesn't like his BMW too much.
BryceBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 10:42 PM   #2
haggeo
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 877
good work, keep it up!
haggeo is offline   Reply With Quote