Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2009, 03:33 PM   #436
mookymoo
Mookish Mook

Oddometer: 4,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strobes
I've been reading this thread and I think mine is going out...You tell me what you think (05.5 7500 miles)-----
  1. If the bike is in 1st and I start it with clutch pulled in, the bike lurches forward a bit, but starts and stays in place.
  2. With the bike on the center stand---I start it in neutral, pull clutch in and shift into 1st; rear wheel starts to spin with clutch pulled in. I tried to stop rear wheel with my hand--No luck.
Is this slave related?
Thanks
(2) is pretty normal with a wet clutch. The oil sticks the plates together enough that it will drive the unloaded wheel.
mookymoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:42 AM   #437
Rapid Dog
bikes, booze, broads...

Oddometer: 9,064
Bluhduh

May as Mook sez, but if you have loss of lever, that is it's beginning to feel like a limp,uh, noodle, then you have a problem. At first you'll have less and less pull at the lever from the top, eventually the lever will just flop back and forth. At least that's what I've been experiencing. The clutch itself works, just no lever pressure.

Rapid Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 12:24 PM   #438
smilin'Ed
Ed

Oddometer: 545
one more

04 950 with 54000, but I need the EVO in 4 days or I miss my 3 day ride enxt weekend.

Ed
smilin'Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 02:50 PM   #439
Katoom990
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Evo - Two Thumbs Up

I just had the 1,000 km service done on my 2011 990 and had the OEM clutch slave cylinder replaced with an EVO unit. I was noticing that shifting was becoming inconsistent - sometimes silky smooth and other times a bit notchy - depending on engine rpm during the shift. Both upshifting and downshifting.

While there was no defect with the OEM unit, I can say that the EVO unit made a 100% difference. The notchiness is now a thing of the past.

Two thumbs up for the EVO!!!
Old 06-29-2011, 12:42 PM   #440
gefr OP
Life is a trip

Oddometer: 3,756
It seems to me you are experiencing dragging clutch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strobes View Post
I've been reading this thread and I think mine is going out...You tell me what you think (05.5 7500 miles)-----
  1. If the bike is in 1st and I start it with clutch pulled in, the bike lurches forward a bit, but starts and stays in place.
  2. With the bike on the center stand---I start it in neutral, pull clutch in and shift into 1st; rear wheel starts to spin with clutch pulled in. I tried to stop rear wheel with my hand--No luck.
Is this slave related?
Thanks
I don't thing it is slave failure. Your bike has very low milleage to have worn-distorted clutch discs. I would suggest:
1) you make sure you have an oil reduction jet installed and not clogged nor a plug.
2) your deeper steel disc could have a groove on its deepest side, made from contacting the belevile spring ring. You could change its place with another steel disc. That sometimes cures dragging clutch.
Sorry for kidnapping my thread.
Cheers.
gefr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:06 PM   #441
Kirtsky
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 237
Riding today and the temps were in the high 90's. Got bogged down in traffic being stopped and diverted by a murder in vestigation! Felt like the clutch was dragging a bit, and I managed to stall it right in front of the guy directing traffic away from the scene. Nice. get it going, but twice more the bike stalled on me. Finally got clear and found a place to stop and see what was going on. Clutch lever was good feeling, engagement felt solid.

Got is going abd headed home with no issue. But, walked out in the garage a nbit ago and there was a drop of oil under the bike. Coming from the slave. Pulled it off and found the c clip inside has broken about a 1/4" off! Either way, I've been looking at slave cylinders this evening. i guess the Oberon and Evo are it as far as aftermarket.

But, think it's okay to ride without a full c- clip in there? It'll be at least a few days before I get a new one in...

Gonna see if I can pinpoint the leak also. Is the o-ring that everyone refers to the one just outside the piston on the inside face of the slave?
Old 06-30-2011, 10:37 PM   #442
LateNate
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 306
New CSC

Mine shit the bed today. I just bought the EVO off of KTMTwins. Should be here tomorrow and I should be back in the saddle. Wish me luck on the instal!
LateNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:42 AM   #443
Deviant666
Present

Oddometer: 527
What's the feeling of a dragging clutch (Gefr you can answer that in greek if you wish). I'm currently on a long trip to UK and you can call me paranoid but I feel that the master cylinder (yes the magura one) feels like its having its last operational moments (no oil present at the joint with the lever though, I've changed 2 of these so far in two years)..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katoom990 View Post
I just had the 1,000 km service done on my 2011 990 and had the OEM clutch slave cylinder replaced with an EVO unit. I was noticing that shifting was becoming inconsistent - sometimes silky smooth and other times a bit notchy - depending on engine rpm during the shift. Both upshifting and downshifting.

While there was no defect with the OEM unit, I can say that the EVO unit made a 100% difference. The notchiness is now a thing of the past.

Two thumbs up for the EVO!!!
I thought there weren't any issues with the newer models (at least in my case a 2009 and after 32k km everything's alright). ...
Deviant666 is offline   Reply With Quote