Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2006, 10:43 AM   #16
KTMRyder
throttle jockey

Oddometer: 3,812
Oni, did you just install the pipe or did you do a new variator also?

I would like a bit more power but, I don't want a hand grenade. been lookig at the Team Calamari website, Arrow has a nice exhaust also.
Old 10-15-2006, 02:58 PM   #17
Oni
Ronin

Oddometer: 1,839
Leo Vince

Ktmryder

I bought the pipe from Team Calamari. It came with different roller weights and stiffer springs for the clutch which raised the stall speed. It feels like it takes off faster with about the same or maybe slightly higher top speed...seat of the pants only. I have not regretted the purchase.

I have not tried a different variator. I too don't want a highly tuned hand grenade and my bike has been totally reliable so far...2500 miles or so.

I didn't want to piss off the neighborhood sounding like a YZ80 coming down the road and the ZX is supposed to be about the quietest aftermarket pipe.

From reading different posts...it seems the Super 9 is a little faster...but I have not run into one of them on the street to compare either. Did run into an Aprillia and the rider said he used to have a Zuma. He said the Aprillia was fun but required a lot more maintainance to keep running than the Zuma. He did say it got really good mileage though...probably due to the fuel injection. It sure was pretty with the Spiderman graphics!

We were in heavy traffic so didn't get an opportunity to compare performance. Have to say it was about the best looking scooter I have run across though.

Oni screwed with this post 10-15-2006 at 03:03 PM
Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 03:13 PM   #18
svizzerams
Rx Rangerette

Oddometer: 1,898
I'm very keen on my 2006 Piaggio BV 500 - awesome city bike. I just sold my Aprilia Scarabeo 150cc. The automatic transmission is really nice in the heavier traffic - I opted both times for machines that have larger tires (16") - bike just handles better and with the ratty roads we have here its an advantage when dealing with pot holes. I use it to commute to work almost exclusively now. I have the top box and it can hold enough groceries, work stuff etc to keep me happy.

Do you find your scoots don't get the respect they deserve - I get the "its OK for a girl" kind of look. Obviously they've never been out of the country. :-) I'm quite thrilled with mine and its serious good transportation and a lot of fun.

I'm looking to get going with a dual sport bike. Favoring the V-Strom 650 or FS650GS at the moment.
Attached Images

svizzerams screwed with this post 10-15-2006 at 06:30 PM
svizzerams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:30 PM   #19
KTMRyder
throttle jockey

Oni, thanks for the info, seems like everybody likes the Leo Vince set up that I have talked to.
that is what I will get probably this winter.

my new KTM 450 EXC is supposed to be in next month and that is going to eat up my bling budget for a while, handguards, skidplate,oil cooler, etc.

I ride my Zuma to work quite a bit, only three miles to work for me and I have good place to park it undercover.

Really fun to ride around the neighborhood and run small errands on.
Old 10-15-2006, 09:33 PM   #20
KTMRyder
throttle jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by svizzerams
I'm very keen on my 2006 Piaggio BV 500 - awesome city bike. I just sold my Aprilia Scarabeo 150cc. The automatic transmission is really nice in the heavier traffic - I opted both times for machines that have larger tires (16") - bike just handles better and with the ratty roads we have here its an advantage when dealing with pot holes. I use it to commute to work almost exclusively now. I have the top box and it can hold enough groceries, work stuff etc to keep me happy.

Do you find your scoots don't get the respect they deserve - I get the "its OK for a girl" kind of look. Obviously they've never been out of the country. :-) I'm quite thrilled with mine and its serious good transportation and a lot of fun.

I'm looking to get going with a dual sport bike. Favoring the V-Strom 650 or FS650GS at the moment.
Buy the Strom, you won't be sorry.
here's mine.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:53 PM   #21
svizzerams
Rx Rangerette

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMRyder
Buy the Strom, you won't be sorry.
here's mine.
Yep, that is the exact one I'm favoring. A thing of beauty. At the moment no one here in my town has one to even touch. I've done a lot of reading - here and and elsewhere and I think the V-Strom is the strongest choice. Esp. given the easier availablility of parts/service etc on the Suzuki. The Piaggio/Vespa dealer here in town also handles Suzuki. I'll be hitting you guys up for advice and opinions on the accessories (i.e. luggage, gps etc) - I'm new to this style of riding but do a lot of commuting in my work in rural areas and the more I see the more I want to see it from a bike...
Old 10-16-2006, 07:47 PM   #22
KTMRyder
throttle jockey

Too bad you don't live closer, I know where a nice red 05 is at.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:50 PM   #23
svizzerams
Rx Rangerette

is it new or used? Close is no problem - I had a 1982 Suzuki GS850L shipped from CT this summer - half the fun is arranging it...right? LOL.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:46 PM   #24
KTMRyder
throttle jockey

It is used, my local KTM, Ducati dealer took it in trade.
I am surprised it is still there, been there about a month.

I bet they would make a deal, it had 13k miles on it and looked great.