User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2015, 10:11 PM   #1
Ducky10 OP
n00b

Oddometer: 3
G650GS footpeg options

I am trying to find good options for lowered and/or rear set footpegs for a 2015 G650GS. I'm 5'10" with bad-ish knees, and I am getting knee pain from my 40-50 mile daily commute. On top of that, I feel unsecured when accelerating (with all 50hp! wooo!). The Motorrad bag that I got that I have strapped to the pillion has done wonders to wake the bike up simply because it keeps me from sliding back, which my feet can't do with the peg position. Aaaaand on top of that, I feel like I am hunched over the handlebars when I stand up. I am going to get handlebar risers (recommendations welcome there as well), but I think the pegs are a more pressing issue. The Touratech adjustable pegs seem nice, but the lower they go, the more forward they go, and I don't see that as a good solution considering issues #2 and #3. So what have you got? What are good pegs to open up my knees, give some extra bracing during acceleration, and will open up my stance when standing?
Ducky10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 03:35 PM   #2
Ducky10 OP
n00b

What about using TT's footpeg relocation kit, along with their lowered footpegs. Are the two kits compatible? Has anyone tried that to know if the position is right?
Old 04-16-2015, 06:17 PM   #3
Smallwires
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
Pegs

I am running the TT relocation kit and have been since nearly new as I realized a) that the stock pegs are absurdly small and b) all 5'10" of me were really cramped on the bike.

The TT kit will "open up" your seated position slightly as well as move you rearward, both were an improvement. It comes with much larger pegs that while are not esthetically pleasing are far more comfortable and usable.

The kit retails for some absurd $300+ and the pegs alone are >$120+, but that's TT...

As far as long term assessment: I'm glad I'm running them, as i said I was cramped. They bolted right on however, fit and finish is typical TT crap. (No sharp edges at least to slice me open like some other TT accessories I could name.)
Durability has been disappointing as well, in other words I've bent them to shit. Fortunately they are steel and do bend back with a dead blow mallet or your nearest "trail hammer" (ie. a rock).

I'm currently running the kit with Mk II Pivot Pegz which I like but don't love, I honestly would have gone with the Fastaway Adventure pegs if not for the nearly $300 price tag for damn set of pegs, I do admit they are pretty but my bike ain't jewelry...

Final Verdict: Find Aquatic, he's is an inmate here who makes a fantastically beautiful, well designed and fabricated set of relocation brackets. I forget his price but they are an absolute steal compare to the TT setup. I would have bought them in an instant had they existed before I picked up the TT setup.

Pick up Aquatic's bracket and then mount the pegs of your choice, either Pivot Pegz or Fastaways I guarantee you will be happy!

Side note: anybody who wants/ needs the TT adventure pegs that come std with their relocation kit shoot me a PM. I also a have the sock shifter/ brake and pegs/ brackets should you need those.

Cheers!

-ride on
Smallwires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 07:41 AM   #4
Ducky10 OP
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallwires View Post
I am running the TT relocation kit and have been since nearly new as I realized a) that the stock pegs are absurdly small and b) all 5'10" of me were really cramped on the bike.

The TT kit will "open up" your seated position slightly as well as move you rearward, both were an improvement. It comes with much larger pegs that while are not esthetically pleasing are far more comfortable and usable.

The kit retails for some absurd $300+ and the pegs alone are >$120+, but that's TT...

As far as long term assessment: I'm glad I'm running them, as i said I was cramped. They bolted right on however, fit and finish is typical TT crap. (No sharp edges at least to slice me open like some other TT accessories I could name.)
Durability has been disappointing as well, in other words I've bent them to shit. Fortunately they are steel and do bend back with a dead blow mallet or your nearest "trail hammer" (ie. a rock).

I'm currently running the kit with Mk II Pivot Pegz which I like but don't love, I honestly would have gone with the Fastaway Adventure pegs if not for the nearly $300 price tag for damn set of pegs, I do admit they are pretty but my bike ain't jewelry...

Final Verdict: Find Aquatic, he's is an inmate here who makes a fantastically beautiful, well designed and fabricated set of relocation brackets. I forget his price but they are an absolute steal compare to the TT setup. I would have bought them in an instant had they existed before I picked up the TT setup.

Pick up Aquatic's bracket and then mount the pegs of your choice, either Pivot Pegz or Fastaways I guarantee you will be happy!

Side note: anybody who wants/ needs the TT adventure pegs that come std with their relocation kit shoot me a PM. I also a have the sock shifter/ brake and pegs/ brackets should you need those.

Cheers!

-ride on
Awesome, thanks for the insight. I've tried googling every phrase I could think of, and I was only getting the same few products. I hoped there was more out there that I just couldn't find. Off to find Aquatic!