User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2012, 10:24 PM   #6841
Maliwal
Adventurer

Oddometer: 78
More questions!

Hey again folks, one more question. I got my chinese reproduction carb in the mail yesterday and aside from a massive dent in the diaphragm cover (the boxes were punctured HARD. Two little holes look like roasting-spit forks or something.) it seems to be in good shape. However, it has no paperwork so I've not the foggiest what size the jets are. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Do I need to replace the air jets? I'm going to buy new main and pilot jets anywho, I think, depending on what it has currently and take it to the recommended 130 main and 42.5 pilot.

Thanks again,
Maliwal
Maliwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:45 AM   #6842
GlennR
Playin' in the Fire

Oddometer: 1,794
The rest of us "don't really care"......about either "side".

GlennR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:58 AM   #6843
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

Oddometer: 5,973
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennr View Post
the rest of us "don't really care"......about either "side".

+1
Old 04-27-2012, 05:04 AM   #6844
Sanders
Stogiesuckingsinglemalter

Oddometer: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBeBe View Post
+1
+3

Last edited by Temporal Security Agency: 8-25-2026 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Deleted unlawful reference to future history
Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:16 AM   #6845
Canuman
Crusty & Unobliging

Oddometer: 4,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by devo2002 View Post
I swear I bought it like that
I'm having it dusted for fingerprints.
hONORARY mEMBER fIRST aMERICAN cHAPTER tEAM nONGA (pROVISIONAL wING)
Canuman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:10 AM   #6846
Speedo66
Transient

Oddometer: 6,095
I happen to agree with Alex and Mike. Unfortunately, Jerry seems to have a problem with spewing misinformation, citing his auto mechanic experience as god's very own gospel.

Telling newbies to fill their tires to MAX listed pressures for off road riding, and to fill their oil sumps to the top were just two of his dangerous recommendations. I stopped posting on XT225.com for a while because it bothered me to see this type of stuff, and the arguments that followed.

I came back when I heard he was asked to take a vacation.

Now it seems he's here and doing the same thing.

Sorry to get involved in this thing, I know most of us want no part in direct attacks, including Alex and Mike, but unfortunately Jerry is advising stuff that's just dangerous to people's welfare and machines. Be sad if an inexperienced rider followed his advice.

Speedo66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:54 AM   #6847
Rumlover
Ed

Oddometer: 707
LET IT GO!!

This is why these things take away from the fun of a site.

Like I said before, if someone has a problem with the content or information in a post by all means express your disagreement at that time. Just keep it civil and avoid the cheap shots. We don't need to be warned about anyone.
Rumlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:25 AM   #6848
devo2002
-Devo

Oddometer: 3,541
Everyone STFU!!!
Old 04-27-2012, 07:43 AM   #6849
opaque_machete
girls wanna have fun

Oddometer: 630
I think a couple of inmates need to go sit in the time out chairs until they quit bickering like little girls. Pull each other's hair and move on, already. Sheeesh!
May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house. -George Carlin
Two Wheel Females.com
opaque_machete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:44 AM   #6850
Lil' Steve
PussyWagon™ Chauffer

Oddometer: 3,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by opaque_machete View Post
Pull each other's hair and move on, already. Sheeesh!

Lil' Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:39 AM   #6851
Speedo66
Transient

Oddometer: 6,095
Not sure if I mentioned this before. Put on one of those cheap Ebay tach/hour meters on the XT.

Doesn't really give you real time RPM info, takes a while for it to catch up. What it does give you is an idea as to what RPM's you're turning at certain speeds, and no doubt would be a help in deciding gearing. I learned that at an indicated 65MPH on the highway, I'm turning approx. 4600 RPM.

Installation consists of mounting it to your handlebar, which I did with a couple of zipties, and then wrapping a thin gauge wire around your spark plug wire, and attaching a ground wire, that's it.

Cheap enough for a diagnostic tool at about $16, and also good hour meter for dirt bikes with no odometer. This is one of many ads for them. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hour-meter-T...bbbf57&vxp=mtr

Speedo66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:53 AM   #6852
Reposado1800
Juicy J fan!

Oddometer: 5,728
The ignore function is here for a reason. Use it.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:03 AM   #6853
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

Oddometer: 5,973
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedo66 View Post
Not sure if I mentioned this before. Put on one of those cheap Ebay tach/hour meters on the XT.

Doesn't really give you real time RPM info, takes a while for it to catch up. What it does give you is an idea as to what RPM's you're turning at certain speeds, and no doubt would be a help in deciding gearing. I learned that at an indicated 65MPH on the highway, I'm turning approx. 4600 RPM.

Installation consists of mounting it to your handlebar, which I did with a couple of zipties, and then wrapping a thin gauge wire around your spark plug wire, and attaching a ground wire, that's it.

Cheap enough for a diagnostic tool at about $16, and also good hour meter for dirt bikes with no odometer. This is one of many ads for them. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hour-meter-T...bbbf57&vxp=mtr
Thanks for the link, I am going to look for a cheap hour meter for my enduro bike. Not sure what gearing you are running, and I do not have anything to back it up, but the RPM's sound low. From what i remember XT's make peak hp at 8,000. With a top speed of 70ish I can't imagine you are not closer to 7,000 at 65.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:57 AM   #6854
Rumlover
Ed

Oddometer: 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexdavis View Post
Nope....just 50% or so of the posts with inaccuracies that you promote.

How quiet it was around here and the other Site, for the year that you had your "vacation." I can't help it if your supply of pills ran out, and you're back to start right up again. Post wrong things, you'll hear from me and others. Post true opinions (no matter how stupid), generally I just stand back and let you make a fool of yourself without comment.

That was always the way it was, and the way it will continue to be... Hope you're feeling better (though you're still wrong about filling oil up to the top of the oil glass...as 1/2 dozen people besides me have told you).

Alexd
For the record Alexd you were the one that posted the cheapshot on this thread about Jerryh and his constant mis-information, and then act like you were doing us all a service by warning us of him. Thanks but I am a big boy. And don't tell me about protecting the new-comers (it does sound a little arrogant), they are perfectly capable of reading opposing "civil" views and making up their own minds -- That's called life.
All he did was post an observation -- Big deal. You just couldn't leave the grudge out of it and had to poke at it. There was nothing wrong with his post except you were still pissed at him.

But it is a moot point now, because neither of you will ever let it go now.

Enjoy your thread!

Rumlover screwed with this post 04-28-2012 at 08:12 AM
Rumlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:02 AM   #6855
mr. matteeanne
Barned

Oddometer: 14,167
Need a speedo cable for a 1995 XT 225? Also want to add a clutch cable to wife's emergency tool kit? Ebay has a couple items but not certain seller knows what they are selling?