Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2008, 06:31 AM   #766
braindead0
Head Fisherman

Oddometer: 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by XTjerry
ok, anyone ever lose their keys? mine rattled out while I was ridin yesterday, and I dont have a spare. went to the local yamaha dealer and they took down the code on the tumbler and made a key, but it didnt work. any suggestions?
Any locksmith should be able to make a key, just bring the bike.
DoD #2223
braindead0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 06:32 AM   #767
braindead0
Head Fisherman

Oddometer: 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnakx250
On Saturday I did a 160 mile round trip and got 72 mpg mostly riding at 70 mph. The custom oil cooler works very well. After pulling off the highway I reached down to touch the inlet line and it was hot enough I had to pull my finger away, on the exit line I could hold my finger on it and not get burned. Not scientific but it is working good. I hope that guy on TW200 forum makes more of these adapters. They are dope.
Oil cooler? Where what? Sounds like a nice add on, can't hurt keeping the oil a little cooler (except maybe in the winter).
DoD #2223
braindead0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 05:48 PM   #768
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

Oddometer: 6,125
Long shot but here goes...
Anyone have a set of used or new oversized foot pegs. DogBoy will not have any until the 16th and I am going on a ride the weekend of the 27th and 28th. I will buy them or borrow and send you a set of new ones if yours are good. Maybe someone has an XT with pegs that is down or something. Like I said it is a long shot.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:30 PM   #769
Reposado1800
Juicy J fan!

Oddometer: 5,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0
Oil cooler? Where what? Sounds like a nice add on, can't hurt keeping the oil a little cooler (except maybe in the winter).
This oil cooler:

The adapter is from 'the mule' on tw200 forum and the rest is a small transmission cooler kit. It works really good.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:49 PM   #770
Bar None
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBeBe
Anyone have a set of used or new oversized foot pegs. DogBoy will not have any until the 16th and I am going on a ride the weekend of the 27th and 28th. I will buy them or borrow and send you a set of new ones if yours are good. Maybe someone has an XT with pegs that is down or something. Like I said it is a long shot.
There is a used set for sale on http://www.xt225.com/ for theXT225.
2014 Ice Bear PBZ110-1P sidecar
2015 Ural cT on order
Bar None is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:58 PM   #771
Jiminy Cricket
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBeBe
Rich - If you just need a set of pegs, I may have a set of stock XT pegs for you if i can find them. Just PM me to work it out.
Jiminy Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 05:23 AM   #772
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnone
There is a used set for sale on http://www.xt225.com/ for theXT225.
I emailed him within 10 minutes of the auction being posted and they were sold.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:25 AM   #773
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiminy Cricket
Rich - If you just need a set of pegs, I may have a set of stock XT pegs for you if i can find them. Just PM me to work it out.
Thanks I have the stockers I was looking for bigger pegs since I will be doing some mud, rocks, etc. and the stockers are smaller than the shifter on some bikes.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:48 PM   #774
Reposado1800
Juicy J fan!

Oddometer: 5,751
Those custom footpegs are sweet. I got a set last year and love them. They should come standard like that.
Old 05-11-2008, 03:43 PM   #775
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

So I bought a TTR225 today. I wanted a spare set of rims and this deal was too sweet to pass up. I plan on keeping the wheels and most likely mounting up the foot pegs and controls onto my XT and maybe the bodywork. It will "look" more dirt worthy. Also the rear shock is supposed to be better. Anyone know what else I should keep,since I am going to part the rest of the bike out?
Old 05-13-2008, 06:54 PM   #776
norvegicus
waiting for spring...

Oddometer: 220
barnone inspired me. Today I U-bolted an Action Packer to my Borrego rack and made a ghetto-class trunk!

Name:  XTactionpacker.jpg
Views: 4836
Size:  119.6 KB
Old 05-13-2008, 09:13 PM   #777
Bar None
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by norvegicus
barnone inspired me. Today I U-bolted an Action Packer to my Borrego rack and made a ghetto-class trunk!

Attachment 166962
We have the same one on my wife's ATV. Very classy.
2014 Ice Bear PBZ110-1P sidecar
2015 Ural cT on order
Bar None is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 07:32 PM   #778
Mud$hooter
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
Tire on backwards

I bought a used tire to run for a while, it is a street tire. Continental. I am used to running D606's on it so the street tire feels nice and smooth. My question is, the guy at the local motorcycle shop told me, that when you are using front tires in the rear, you need to reverse the driving direction.

I had in my mind that this tire was a front tire while I was busy getting mad that the tire wouldn't fit on the rim. now that I have it on my senses came back to me and I realized that this tire isn't a front. But it is a very generic tire, completely symetrical if it is ran one way or an other.

Would I be fine crusing on that tire on the freeway, or should I rotate the tire to the correct direction. There is no difference visibly in the way the tire was built. I only weigh 150 on a 223 lb. bike so there wouldn't be too much weight on the tire.

Dave
Mud$hooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 10:23 PM   #779
Rainforest Rider
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Additions to my XT225

I'm a new owner, bought this 2004 XT225 to carry on the back of my Motorhome, particularly to the SW deserts in the winter.

I made the carrier out of 1/8" aluminum sheet, ready rods and alum. square bars. It feels very solid. The pool noodle is for the passengers tailbone !
The white on top is rubber.

The tool box is a piece of 4": PVC pipe - looks ok unpainted on this color scheme. Some care in installation needed to avoid the chain guard hitting it on big bumps.

The folding brackets are cut out of nesting alum square tube, with plastic washers between the two parts. With the bolt snug, they have just the right amount of resistance when moved.

I believe all I used were a bandsaw, hole saws, drill press and a sander.

If anyone would like a few more details, just ask

Peter

Rainforest Rider screwed with this post 05-14-2008 at 10:25 PM Reason: spelling
Rainforest Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 10:25 PM   #780
Jiminy Cricket
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainforest Rider
The tool box is a piece of 4": PVC pipe - looks ok unpainted on this color scheme. Some care in installation needed to avoid the chain guard hitting it on big bumps.
How did you hang the pipe? ANy closeups?
Jiminy Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote