Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2003, 09:22 AM   #1
Ostrich OP
Jaded and Happy

Oddometer: 8,731
Question What do you think about the Rockster?

What do you guys think about the Rockster?

When Waxy posted the photos of it some time back I was not too impressed with it. I thought that it was just a Roadster with a bad paintjob. I am not entirely sold on the looks, but the bike itself looks like a fun hooligan machine. Anyone taken it for a ride?

I looked at it yesterday, and it looks like a nice naked sport bike with many of the "S" components it should be fun in the sweepers.

Just because it's a zoo out there doesn't mean you have to view it from a cage!

Don't be an impulse buyer... afterall you have time..
Ostrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2003, 09:56 AM   #2
Rider
Moderator Emeritus

Oddometer: 2,966
Ya know, it's sort of growing on me. When I first saw it, I thought, "Uh-oh ... that's really :ymca"
But I'm liking it better now. It would be a nice hooligan bike and the styling is certainly different. In a world where everything looks the same, I think the Rockster makes a statement.
I'm just not quite sure what the statement is, though.
(Actually, I think it's cool.)
Old 05-17-2003, 10:30 AM   #3
Steverino
Arrogant Horse's Ass #1

Oddometer: 36,667
Re: What do you think about the Rockster?

Quote:
Said Ostrich:
What do you guys think about the Rockster?

When Waxy posted the photos of it some time back I was not too impressed with it. I thought that it was just a Roadster with a bad paintjob. I am not entirely sold on the looks, but the bike itself looks like a fun hooligan machine. Anyone taken it for a ride?

I looked at it yesterday, and it looks like a nice naked sport bike with many of the "S" components it should be fun in the sweepers.
Hey man, you don't need the opinion of a cromo riding nancy boy.

But I like the green better!

Steverino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2003, 10:34 AM   #4
pierce
Aven'Tourer

Oddometer: 10,065
Re: What do you think about the Rockster?

Quote:
Said Ostrich:

I haven't ridden on one, but when I sat on it and closed my eyes, the riding position felt far more like a R1100S than a R1100R.

I was quite amazed, the shiny color is on TOP of the matte black, not the other way around... I can't imagine you'd want to get wax on the matte black, so I guess this is a bike you'd never wax...

The 'citrus' green is rather evil looking, I think the copper is nice. the white special edition one (only 200 made, get to go to the factory to pick it up) looks really nice too.

I think if you added a fly screen and GS handgrip protectors, it would be a great all around fun-bike.
pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2003, 11:32 AM   #5
Ostrich OP
Jaded and Happy

Re: Re: What do you think about the Rockster?

Quote:
Said pierce:
I haven't ridden on one, but when I sat on it and closed my eyes, the riding position felt far more like a R1100S than a R1100R.

I was quite amazed, the shiny color is on TOP of the matte black, not the other way around... I can't imagine you'd want to get wax on the matte black, so I guess this is a bike you'd never wax...

The 'citrus' green is rather evil looking, I think the copper is nice. the white special edition one (only 200 made, get to go to the factory to pick it up) looks really nice too.

I think if you added a fly screen and GS handgrip protectors, it would be a great all around fun-bike.
I agree! I asked them how you would clean it, and they showed me wax that your spray on from a can. The guys use it on their bikes, and love the stuff. I only had a few minutes to shoot the breeze, but when I go back there I might buy a can to check it out.

Old 05-17-2003, 11:33 AM   #6
Ostrich OP
Jaded and Happy

Quote:
Said K12RSSteve:
Hey man, you don't need the opinion of a cromo riding nancy boy.

But I like the green better!
I do not know what to think of the paint scheme. The bike is still growing on me. I might take one for a ride in a few months for kicks. I like the seating position on it a lot!

Old 05-17-2003, 11:36 AM   #7
Ostrich OP
Jaded and Happy

Quote:
Said BMW Rider:
Ya know, it's sort of growing on me. When I first saw it, I thought, "Uh-oh ... that's really :ymca"
But I'm liking it better now. It would be a nice hooligan bike and the styling is certainly different. In a world where everything looks the same, I think the Rockster makes a statement.
I'm just not quite sure what the statement is, though.
(Actually, I think it's cool.)
I thought that it would make a nice stable mate with a GS down the line. I am guessing that you would be able to pick one up cheap in a couple years. There are just so many great bikes, and so little time. I hope one day I can walk into the dealership and say, "One of each please." I guess I could do it now, but then I would have to flee the country once they tried to cash the check.

Old 05-17-2003, 11:43 AM   #8
knary
sunshine and puppies

Oddometer: 29,413

Quote:
Said pierce:

I was quite amazed, the shiny color is on TOP of the matte black, not the other way around...
They're using an exotic technology to pull that off. It's also known under the top secret name of "stickers".

Yep, the stuff on the tank and tail is just big decals.

Go Jane Go - Analog Jane and her three chamber heart

Goodbye Toolfan
knary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2003, 12:03 PM   #9
John Macdonald
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,680
Rockstar

I haven't ridden one yet-

The other day when I stopped in at SJBMW to fuck with Fish and check out the four plug conversion, they gave him the keys to one. We went out for a little spin and from a few feet away, the bike looks good. Way better moving than sitting still. I liked the copper color on that big rear wheel too.

In my opinion, it needs a totally nasty reverse cone 2into1 high side pipe and pro-tapers with bark busters.
Throw away the mirrors, guages, and indicators, ditch the passenger provisions and the rear fender, and all the bmw marking crap. Ride it like you stole it everywhere you go and do lots of wheelies and stoppies.

Someone out there should go rape one of those things and give the bike the reputation it deserves.
Old 05-17-2003, 12:39 PM   #10
crackerguy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 173
I had a black non-ABS R with a GS paralever, chopped fender, and carbon pipe, along with black wheels.

Cheaper, better looking, and better seating position, IMO.

Although the rockster look is growing on me a bit.
crackerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2003, 01:27 PM   #11
Ostrich OP
Jaded and Happy

Re: Rockstar

Quote:
Said John Macdonald:

In my opinion, it needs a totally nasty reverse cone 2into1 high side pipe and pro-tapers with bark busters.
Throw away the mirrors, guages, and indicators, ditch the passenger provisions and the rear fender, and all the bmw marking crap. Ride it like you stole it everywhere you go and do lots of wheelies and stoppies.
I thought that the bike would be totally bitchin' if they put the exhaust out the back like the R11S. I'm beginning to think about buying a used DRZ400S, and a Rockster. That might be a pretty nice stable for my budget.

Old 05-17-2003, 02:40 PM   #12
Ostrich OP
Jaded and Happy

Quote:
Said crackerguy:
I had a black non-ABS R with a GS paralever, chopped fender, and carbon pipe, along with black wheels.

Cheaper, better looking, and better seating position, IMO.

Although the rockster look is growing on me a bit.
Any Pics? I like the Rockster's seating position more than the roadster. It is just a little bit more forward, but not as aggressive as the "s".

Old 05-18-2003, 02:29 PM   #13
Ayrshire Bull
why the hell not?

Oddometer: 2,409
Wicked Scottish humour

Rockster - rhymes with .... ochster.
Old 05-19-2003, 08:07 AM   #14
simonm
Stealth Adventurer

Oddometer: 408
rockster

goes a lot better than it looks
rode the demo @ my local dealer, c\w full Remus system.
good fun hooning around town but I wouldn't want it as my only bike
Old 05-19-2003, 08:19 AM   #15
crackerguy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 173
Quote:
Said Ostrich:
Any Pics?
I'll post some tonight. It was a great bike and I still kind of miss it, especially when I am in pain after a long ride on the Falco

But it's a good pain
crackerguy is offline   Reply With Quote