ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-19-2003, 06:03 PM   #16
NAVIGATOR
Wanderer
 
NAVIGATOR's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Location: SOUTH OF THE USA BORDER(friendlier Mexico)
Oddometer: 1,674
Saw a GREEN one this sunday on a twisty road, it was the demo bike of the largest dealer here, it seems to have more ground clearence than the roadster, the rider said it handeled the tight stuff very well.

It looks a lot nicer "live", than in the pics

I liked it very much
NAVIGATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 07:32 AM   #17
Ostrich OP
Jaded and Happy
 
Ostrich's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Location: Fresneck or Bust Baby!
Oddometer: 8,731
Re: rockster

Quote:
Said simonm:
goes a lot better than it looks
rode the demo @ my local dealer, c\w full Remus system.
good fun hooning around town but I wouldn't want it as my only bike
Did the system give it a really good growl?
__________________
If you use Geico watch out. The buyout for my car was way below any objective figure (KBB, NADA, etc.). Also, I could not get in touch with anyone on the first try during a claim resolution.

Just because it's a zoo out there doesn't mean you have to view it from a cage!

Don't be an impulse buyer... afterall you have time..
Ostrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 07:35 AM   #18
Ostrich OP
Jaded and Happy
 
Ostrich's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Location: Fresneck or Bust Baby!
Oddometer: 8,731
Quote:
Said crackerguy:
I'll post some tonight. It was a great bike and I still kind of miss it, especially when I am in pain after a long ride on the Falco

But it's a good pain
Feel free to post pics of your roadster, and that falco.
__________________
If you use Geico watch out. The buyout for my car was way below any objective figure (KBB, NADA, etc.). Also, I could not get in touch with anyone on the first try during a claim resolution.

Just because it's a zoo out there doesn't mean you have to view it from a cage!

Don't be an impulse buyer... afterall you have time..
Ostrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 04:38 PM   #19
Arch
Incurable Gearhead
 
Arch's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Location: Katy, TX
Oddometer: 11,705
FWIW, it does come in another color combo...



And $16,490? That's just plain silly.

__________________
Arch
Arch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 05:13 PM   #20
Steverino
Arrogant Horse's Ass #1
 
Joined: Nov 2001
Oddometer: 36,544
YEah But

It includes that trip to the fatherland to pick it up and ride it around a while before they ship it back to you.
__________________

Steverino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 06:02 PM   #21
Arch
Incurable Gearhead
 
Arch's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Location: Katy, TX
Oddometer: 11,705
Re: YEah But

Quote:
Said K12RSSteve:
It includes that trip to the fatherland to pick it up and ride it around a while before they ship it back to you.
Oh yea!
__________________
Arch
Arch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 09:45 PM   #22
Ziegfried
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Oddometer: 145
I like `em too but...

I read somewhere that they have pretty abysmal fuel economy and a small(ish) tank i.e. less than 200 kilometres to a tank (120 miles) or so.
Ziegfried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 10:00 PM   #23
fish
Banned
 
fish's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2001
Location: Gold Country
Oddometer: 47,709
I think they are goofy. Better than a Roadster? I dunno. Black roadsters look pretty damn cool without all the goofy colors. The new silber roadster would look bitchin' with the black engine / drivetrain.
fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 10:08 PM   #24
ImaPoser
adventure imposter
 
ImaPoser's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Oddometer: 15,415
Re: YEah But

Quote:
Said K12RSSteve:
It includes that trip to the fatherland to pick it up and ride it around a while before they ship it back to you.
Hey, uh...If any of you guys really want that special edition one, but don't have the time to go get it.....I think I might be able to squeeze that trip into my schedule for a really cheap fee.
ImaPoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 10:50 PM   #25
pierce
Aven'Tourer
 
pierce's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Location: S'Cruz
Oddometer: 9,973
Quote:
Said fish:
I think they are goofy. Better than a Roadster? I dunno. Black roadsters look pretty damn cool without all the goofy colors. The new silber roadster would look bitchin' with the black engine / drivetrain.
There's more to the rockster than just the paintjob.

The rockster has the front end geometry of the S, along with the fatty back wheel. It comes with Sportec M1 sticky-rubbers. Also, it has a riding position that is much closer to the S than the R (its quite tucked and forward). The pegs are higher than on my RS, thats for sure.

In many respects its more of a naked S-bike than a dressed up R.
pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 11:06 PM   #26
fish
Banned
 
fish's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2001
Location: Gold Country
Oddometer: 47,709
Quote:
Said pierce:
In many respects its more of a naked S-bike than a dressed up R.
fine. it is what it is. an fz1 will eat it for lunch.
fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 11:17 PM   #27
pierce
Aven'Tourer
 
pierce's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Location: S'Cruz
Oddometer: 9,973
Eh?

Quote:
Said fish:
fine. it is what it is. an fz1 will eat it for lunch.
sure, but a FZ1 doesn't have the shaft drive or paralever/telelever that makes the oilheads the ride that they are.... modern o-ring chains are fine in fair weather, but if you ride in the winter, they require a lot more maintenance.
pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 11:27 PM   #28
knary
sunshine and puppies
 
knary's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Location: portland, or
Oddometer: 29,202
Quote:
Said pierce:
sure, but a FZ1 doesn't have the shaft drive or paralever/telelever that makes the oilheads the ride that they are.... modern o-ring chains are fine in fair weather, but if you ride in the winter, they require a lot more maintenance.
Pierce, you live in friggin' Santa Cruz. What winter?!?!?!

Personally, I think the Rockster is a better looking roadster. I dunno if it's better functionally. The stickers are pretty dorky. But aren't all BMW's? outside of a Honda PC, I'm riding one of the dorkiest bikes ever made


Hmmm...new thread: in the BMW line, which wins the trophy for ultimate dork bike? K12LT? R12C? R11RS? or...hell, they truly are all dorky.

Let's be even more specific:
1. which BMW is dorkiest?
and
2. which BMW is a dork most likely to buy?

for #1, I'm leaning towards the K12LT. For #2, I'm leaning towards the K12GT.

loving his newly registered in Oregon GS,
-scott
__________________
Go Jane Go - Analog Jane and her three chamber heart - www.scottconary.com | Oil & Piston : Motorcycle paintings and prints

Goodbye Toolfan
knary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 11:31 PM   #29
pierce
Aven'Tourer
 
pierce's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Location: S'Cruz
Oddometer: 9,973
Quote:
Said knary:
Pierce, you live in friggin' Santa Cruz. What winter?!?!?!

Personally, I think the Rockster is a better looking roadster. I dunno if it's better functionally. The stickers are pretty dorky. But aren't all BMW's? outside of a Honda PC, I'm riding one of the dorkiest bikes ever made
I was surprised, those flat black panels are not 'stickers', they are the base coat of paint, the bright glossy color is on TOP of it.

or do you mean the "R1100R" and "Rockster" sticker?

Quote:

Hmmm...new thread: in the BMW line, which wins the trophy for ultimate dork bike? K12LT? R12C? R11RS? or...hell, they truly are all dorky.

Let's be even more specific:
1. which BMW is dorkiest?
and
2. which BMW is a dork most likely to buy?
thats easy.

The 2-wheel SUV known as the R1150GS Adventure.



/me runs and ducks!
pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 12:16 AM   #30
knary
sunshine and puppies
 
knary's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Location: portland, or
Oddometer: 29,202
The black is paint. Much of the bright stuff is a bunch of stickers - tank and tail pieces, not the oil coolers.
__________________
Go Jane Go - Analog Jane and her three chamber heart - www.scottconary.com | Oil & Piston : Motorcycle paintings and prints

Goodbye Toolfan
knary is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014