ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2011, 09:45 AM   #886
disconnected OP
ultra runner

Oddometer: 6,839
posted a ride for July 4th.. sent you a text!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff B View Post
Mike, That's what you call a Cameo appearence. And......... Ladies and gentleman Greg has just left the building.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:31 PM   #887
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Oddometer: 5,567
Hey I know a couple of you guys.... heck, I've even met one family of you in person, here in VA!
I'm hoping to ride through PA for the first time next week. Critiques to my ROUTE are welcome!
We will try to make it to Locust Lake campground to spend the night along the way. This might be a long first day Little Buffalo is three hours closer; I guess we can see how we feel by then and decide accordingly. Weiser state forest might be nice but I don't know how all that permitting works.

If there's any considerations I should take into account while planning, I sure appreciate you letting me know!
Thanks folks, and cheers!
Let's ride!!! - No offense, but there've been a lot of people over time who were just as sure, yet got it wrong. - Una necedad, aunque la repitan millones de bocas, no deja de ser una necedad. - "you know that I could have me a million more friends and all I'd have to lose is my point of view" (Prine)
ONandOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:40 PM   #888
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONandOFF View Post
Hey I know a couple of you guys.... heck, I've even met one family of you in person, here in VA!
I'm hoping to ride through PA for the first time next week. Critiques to my are welcome!
We will try to make it to Locust Lake campground to spend the night along the way. This might be a long first day Little Buffalo is three hours closer; I guess we can see how we feel by then and decide accordingly. Weiser state forest might be nice but I don't know how all that permitting works.

If there's any considerations I should take into account while planning, I sure appreciate you letting me know!
EDIT. I need to read better. Locust Lake campground is not near me...I was trying to figure out why he would be coming to the Locust campground in Lewistown.

rockinrog screwed with this post 07-08-2011 at 11:11 AM
rockinrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:50 PM   #889
tekebird
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
Harrisburg, PA
tekebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:04 AM   #890
Skyclad
Original Bastard

Oddometer: 5,571
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONandOFF View Post
I'm hoping to ride through PA for the first time next week. Critiques to my ROUTE are welcome!

Looks like a pretty good route. Have fun and call out if you have any problems. You are passing through Bald Eagle Bastard territory, so ya know ya got backup.
Skyclad's Wanderings - Bald Eagle Bastards - The Mountains are Calling, and I Must Go
KCCO
Skyclad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:44 PM   #891
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyclad View Post
Looks like a pretty good route. Have fun and call out if you have any problems. You are passing through Bald Eagle Bastard territory, so ya know ya got backup.
Thanks!
The man who I say got the furthest traveller award, even if it happened to be in a cage, but it was to an ADV event!

Bald Eagle Bastards, eh? That's a new one for me; guess I'da posted on that thread if'n Id'a knowed.

I'm looking forward to experiencing your territory. I hope nothing goes awry but sometimes things happen and certainly do appreciate the comforting thought of backup should it become necessary. And of course, likewise should you happen to be in the area here!

Let's ride!!! - No offense, but there've been a lot of people over time who were just as sure, yet got it wrong. - Una necedad, aunque la repitan millones de bocas, no deja de ser una necedad. - "you know that I could have me a million more friends and all I'd have to lose is my point of view" (Prine)
Old 07-08-2011, 01:26 PM   #892
ArcticEd
Whatya mean,"noob" ?

Oddometer: 34
Beautiful, Rohrsburg, Pa... Half a mile past the end of the world, take the second right.

Actually, only about 8 miles north of Bloomsburg.
ArcticEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:50 PM   #893
Z50R
Not lost yet

Oddometer: 790
Inmate looking to bum lawn space

I am riding from Massachusetts towards Chicago/Wisconsin. I am leaving on Sunday morning July 17th and am wondering if someone in the western half of Pennsylvania has yard space for a tent. Every time I ride through the state I do it at 80 MPH and know I am missing out on awesome roads so I want to go slower this time. I am hoping someone in the top left of the state, worst case I'll pay to camp somewhere around the Allegheny National Forest.

Thanks,

-Troy
Z50R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 04:24 PM   #894
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticEd View Post
Beautiful, Rohrsburg, Pa... Half a mile past the end of the world, take the second right. Actually, only about 8 miles north of Bloomsburg.
Cool; got lawn space to set up a tent one night? Z50R might be onto something here!
Detours can be made... actually, looks like about a 50 mile detour, but through some very inviting-looking mountainous terrain. I'm sure it's worth it to meet a fellow inmate! Please send a PM if that's what you're thinking.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:03 PM   #895
ArcticEd
Whatya mean,"noob" ?

Oddometer: 34
I'd be more than happy to help out anyone on a bike trip that I can..... PM me with some details, and I'll help you out with a place to crash (not on the bike) and maybe show you some great roads here in the land of covered bridges....

From Boston, you're probably going west on the Mass. Pike.. then down 87s... you can catch 84w west near Newburgh, N to 380 and get on 81 south at Scranton, Pa......

Just a hop, skip and a jump to my corner of the world, and I'm close to I-80, so it's west to Chicago from there.....

ArcticEd screwed with this post 07-08-2011 at 10:08 PM
ArcticEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 06:33 PM   #896
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

I'm still but I believe we'll be wanting to call it a day between Sunbury and Leighton on Monday eve

The route I came up with is a little nutty but I'm going to load it into the GPS to guide us through the many, many road changes. I'm hoping we don't run into expanses of gravel or anything else that would cause us to re-route, but after all that's part of the adventure.

Should be some great roads and sights to see through there. Looks great on the relief map, and that's usually a pretty good clue. Locust Lake State Park is near Mahanoy City and seemed appropriately positioned for a potential night's stay. I'm thinking my wife and I can take minimal camping gear along and crash in a tent the one night along the way. I wouldn't turn down a yard, either. The next day we should be crashing at relatives' in NJ. Probably do the return trip in one day on the interstate.
Old 07-09-2011, 07:02 PM   #897
Jeff B
Socially Awkward

Oddometer: 5,543
I know myself that it would be an injustice to humanity to pass through Sunbury area w/o a brief layover at this fine establishment........

http://www.selinsgrovebrewing.com/

Just a few miles downriver on the the Susq.

Jeff B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 05:36 AM   #898
moto joe
moto joe

Oddometer: 67
Thumb

As a current resident of the lovely town of Selinsgrove, I totally agree with Jeff B!

Even if you're not into beer, the Brew Pub is a great place to grab lunch!

http://www.selinsgrovebrewing.com/
moto joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:54 AM   #899
MapMaster
Human Compass

Oddometer: 842
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticEd View Post

From Boston, you're probably going west on the Mass. Pike.. then down 87s... you can catch 84w west near Newburgh, N to 380 and get on 81 south at Scranton, Pa......
DAWG! The guy talks about wanting to slow down and see a bit of PA and you think he should be on 84-380-81 and 80!
Ain't no way I'm ever asking you for routing info!
MapMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 07:08 AM   #900
eddie bolted
BOING!!!

Oddometer: 3,545
2,13,14,15,16,17&dirflg=t&z=8"]ROUTE[/URL] are welcome!
We will try to make it to Locust Lake

i live 10 mi. from Locust lake,what day will you be there?
were you at laurel forks or BYOB?
ur welcome to crash in my yard.

eddie bolted screwed with this post 07-10-2011 at 07:22 AM
eddie bolted is offline   Reply With Quote