ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-04-2012, 02:49 PM   #1051
JaxObsessed
RLRR LRLL RLRR LRLL
 
JaxObsessed's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: From Alabama to Newfoundland it's all Appalachian
Oddometer: 8,959
Good one Ed.
Chimneys didn't make any sense.... They all end below the roof line = useless as a chimney.

Cool pix.
__________________
Give a Monkey a Brain and He'll Swear He's the Center of the Universe - FishboneSupport FREE ADVrider.com and Save 5$ on SmugMug photo/video hosting use coupon code: wzcRcH8JxnyAI
JaxObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:53 PM   #1052
lethe
Beastly Adventurer
 
lethe's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Hawley, PA
Oddometer: 3,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxObsessed View Post
Good one Ed.
Chimneys didn't make any sense.... They all end below the roof line = useless as a chimney.

Cool pix.
Unless you're looking to smoke the squirrels out of the attic
__________________
2005 Ducati Monster 620
2005 KTM SMC 625
1986 Yamaha FZ600 (might bother getting it to run one day)
lethe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:04 PM   #1053
JaxObsessed
RLRR LRLL RLRR LRLL
 
JaxObsessed's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: From Alabama to Newfoundland it's all Appalachian
Oddometer: 8,959
I guess I never introduced myself.
I'm Jack, grew up in CentRE county.. Been away for going on 30 years. I'm in Baltimore so ... not very far from my old haunts.
__________________
Give a Monkey a Brain and He'll Swear He's the Center of the Universe - FishboneSupport FREE ADVrider.com and Save 5$ on SmugMug photo/video hosting use coupon code: wzcRcH8JxnyAI
JaxObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:10 PM   #1054
lethe
Beastly Adventurer
 
lethe's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Hawley, PA
Oddometer: 3,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxObsessed View Post
I guess I never introduced myself.
I'm Jack, grew up in CentRE county.. Been away for going on 30 years. I'm in Baltimore so ... not very far from my old haunts.
Hey Jack, nice to meet ya.
Now that you mention it, I guess I didn't introduce myself either, just walked in and start posting.
Actualy joined a few years ago but wasn't actively here until I got the KTM in October.

I'm Mike, grew up over in Wurtsboro, NY but have lived in Hawley, PA for the last 19 years.
I do programming and various other things with HVAC controls. Typically commute into NYC for work but lately have been able to work from home a few days a week.
__________________
2005 Ducati Monster 620
2005 KTM SMC 625
1986 Yamaha FZ600 (might bother getting it to run one day)
lethe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:45 PM   #1055
eddie bolted
BOING!!!
 
eddie bolted's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: st. clair pa.
Oddometer: 2,799
Jack,i take it your all healed up,we had a nice ride at BWDR while it lasted!
__________________
If it stops raining now, i'll be pissed!(BEANTOP)
eddie bolted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:59 PM   #1056
DMoe
Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Harford County, MD
Oddometer: 25
Looks like I will be heading up to Centralia tomorrow. I'll probably leave around 9, it'll be a 2.5-3 hour drive for me...depending on how many times i get lost. Any good food in the around there? Obviously not in the immediate area...

Thanks for the info lethe!
DMoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:10 PM   #1057
lethe
Beastly Adventurer
 
lethe's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Hawley, PA
Oddometer: 3,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMoe View Post
Looks like I will be heading up to Centralia tomorrow. I'll probably leave around 9, it'll be a 2.5-3 hour drive for me...depending on how many times i get lost. Any good food in the around there? Obviously not in the immediate area...

Thanks for the info lethe!
No prob, make sure to take 125 to get there
as for food, i don't remember where we ate, 125 takes up more of the space in my recollection of the 3 trips over there
__________________
2005 Ducati Monster 620
2005 KTM SMC 625
1986 Yamaha FZ600 (might bother getting it to run one day)
lethe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:19 PM   #1058
JaxObsessed
RLRR LRLL RLRR LRLL
 
JaxObsessed's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: From Alabama to Newfoundland it's all Appalachian
Oddometer: 8,959
Quote:
Originally Posted by lethe View Post
Hey Jack, nice to meet ya.
Now that you mention it, I guess I didn't introduce myself either, just walked in and start posting.
Actualy joined a few years ago but wasn't actively here until I got the KTM in October.

I'm Mike, grew up over in Wurtsboro, NY but have lived in Hawley, PA for the last 19 years.
I do programming and various other things with HVAC controls. Typically commute into NYC for work but lately have been able to work from home a few days a week.
Hey Mike, nice to meet you too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie bolted View Post
Jack,i take it your all healed up,we had a nice ride at BWDR while it lasted!

Yes, the shoulder is feeling great.
Agreed. I enjoyed the company and riding behind you on that awesome road. It was the second time I rode it that day that made the shoulder commit suicide.
Looking forward to next time.
__________________
Give a Monkey a Brain and He'll Swear He's the Center of the Universe - FishboneSupport FREE ADVrider.com and Save 5$ on SmugMug photo/video hosting use coupon code: wzcRcH8JxnyAI
JaxObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:21 AM   #1059
crash228
renaissance man
 
crash228's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Reading, PA, USA
Oddometer: 24
Reading area here.
__________________
____________________________________
2011 BMW F650GS
crash228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:29 AM   #1060
SoPaRider
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: South Central PA/Michaux State Forest/Lincoln Hwy.
Oddometer: 256
My trusty nearly vintage DR Hybrid and I are back on the road again and can't wait to check out all of the DR's new farkles and to finally get to test the new 441 motor since the nasty air leak caused by a hidden crack in the air box/carb boot was found and fixed. Hope to see and ride with you all soon.

Jeff (SoPaRider)/Trans PA Trailers Of Michaux(TPATOM)

'94 DR350SER/'96 DR350/441SET Hybrid
SoPaRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:36 PM   #1061
BaronVonDarrin
Studly Adventurer
 
BaronVonDarrin's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Philadelphia, and at times Western Maryland
Oddometer: 508
west of gettysburg? anywhere near chambersburg?
__________________
"Dammit Bobby"
Husqvarna 2011 te630
BaronVonDarrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:29 PM   #1062
glass3222
StromTrooper
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Central PA
Oddometer: 76
NewB from central PA here. Currently in Bellefonte, work in Lock Haven, grew up in Altoona.
glass3222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:02 AM   #1063
ddavidv
Thrifty not cheap
 
ddavidv's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Elizabethtown, PA
Oddometer: 1,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoPaRider View Post
My trusty nearly vintage DR Hybrid and I are back on the road again and can't wait to check out all of the DR's new farkles and to finally get to test the new 441 motor since the nasty air leak caused by a hidden crack in the air box/carb boot was found and fixed. Hope to see and ride with you all soon.

Jeff (SoPaRider)/Trans PA Trailers Of Michaux(TPATOM)

'94 DR350SER/'96 DR350/441SET Hybrid
Wondered where you've been.
__________________
'04 Wee Strom
'89 KLR 650 (sold)

KLR Chronicles, list of my Ride Reports in PA/MD:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...2#post18782262
ddavidv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:02 AM   #1064
eddie bolted
BOING!!!
 
eddie bolted's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: st. clair pa.
Oddometer: 2,799
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMoe View Post
Looks like I will be heading up to Centralia tomorrow. I'll probably leave around 9, it'll be a 2.5-3 hour drive for me...depending on how many times i get lost. Any good food in the around there? Obviously not in the immediate area...

Thanks for the info lethe!
Ever make it to Centralia?I rode up and hung out from 12:00 till!1:30,thought i'd run into ya,i wanted to check out that 2012 wee
__________________
If it stops raining now, i'll be pissed!(BEANTOP)
eddie bolted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:43 AM   #1065
DMoe
Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Harford County, MD
Oddometer: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie bolted View Post
Ever make it to Centralia?I rode up and hung out from 12:00 till!1:30,thought i'd run into ya,i wanted to check out that 2012 wee
I got stuck watching my neice and nephew in the AM. :( Decided to ride around in Maryland instead. Sorry man! I will definitely let you know if when I plan to head up there, I'm still itchin'.
DMoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014