Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2011, 09:17 PM   #436
Rema in Paluda
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 563
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC61 View Post
not necessarily, modern electronic torque converters can be set to lock and unlock at any rpm
But its a simple beltdrive, or as we call it in the netherlands "Jarretelaandrijving" (GarterGear)
Rema in Paluda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 09:45 PM   #437
Bert Track
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Another happy owner.

Hello everyone I'd like to report in on the topic as another owner. Pictures and movies soon to follow. Weather permitting.
Bert Track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:49 AM   #438
Rema in Paluda
Studly Adventurer

Well where are they, better weather is hardly imaginable here in the Dutch Mountains :-)
Old 10-16-2011, 05:40 PM   #439
Bert Track
Adventurer

The first short recording i did was during the first round i rode on my Track. I'll make some much better recordings soon. If someone wants to see a particular point of view. Let me know. I may be able to fix that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqpA3bt9GFY
Old 10-17-2011, 10:41 AM   #440
Rema in Paluda
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Track View Post
The first short recording i did was during the first round i rode on my Track. I'll make some much better recordings soon. If someone wants to see a particular point of view. Let me know. I may be able to fix that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqpA3bt9GFY
Ah he updated the jarretel and shaft quite a bit since the last built, but lets see some moving pics of teh bike, niot you moving around it, but the bike splashing through the lovely Zeeuwsche Klei :-)
Old 10-21-2011, 09:27 AM   #441
beautiful freak
Yellow Adventure rider

Oddometer: 102
Hi Bert,

welcome to the Track family

For some more information in Dutch I like to give some links:

AllRoadManiacs

BMW GS club

Motor Forum

My Track is just over 22 kkm at the moment, just had her first birthday last October 17th. Still loving her .

Greetings, Tom.

We don't want to, but the people of earth leave us no choice...
beautiful freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:07 PM   #442
precarious
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 556
This is the only new bike I want. How do we start a US-market petition?
precarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 09:43 PM   #443
Bert Track
Adventurer

I tried to capture the turbo sound as much as possible in this movie.

Started with a cold engine (10c) At about 13 mins the engine is warming up a bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpaghQlx3Cc
Old 10-23-2011, 08:29 AM   #444
Bert Track
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by precarious View Post
This is the only new bike I want. How do we start a US-market petition?
It'll be a long time i think.

Info copied from the Track website for the US folks.

"Dear US requestant,
in the US press articles appear on our product. This info is not correct.

1. Track Dieselmotorcycles does not have a US representative.
2. Track is not present or will be soon on the US market.
3. Track can not handle all US requests on this non correct info.
4. Track is only present on the EU and UK market at this moment.
5. Mentioned sales prices in Dollar are non valid.

Hoping on your understanding."

Pass it on please.
New footage from me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpaghQlx3Cc

Bert Track screwed with this post 10-23-2011 at 08:30 AM Reason: Added a movie link
Old 11-04-2011, 01:51 PM   #445
Bert Track
Adventurer

The latest news for those seeking a Track Diesel motorcycle.

Copied from their website.

Canadian and USA import

Dear Canadian and USA Customer,
we are happy to announce we have made the first steps to enter the US and Canadian market with our Track T-800CDI Dieselmotorcycles.
There is still a lot of work to be done before all systems work properly.
This however means that if you are interested in purchase of a Track T-800CDI Dieselmotorcycle there are possibilities comming up.
For Canadian and North-American requestants please contact our importer in Canada. Contact info will be available on our website soon.
The Canadian website adres will be : www.trackdiesel.ca
Old 11-06-2011, 05:37 AM   #446
SamM
Jeep Overlander

Oddometer: 1,471
Excellent news! The price may be hard to get over but I'd love to have one. I suppose I could sell everything else. It's not like I'd ride anything else if I had a T-800 anyway.

SamM
SamM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 05:39 AM   #447
ultrarnr
Adventurer

Oddometer: 50
Bert Track, Can you find out what the expected life of the belt is in the CVT? How often do they recommend changing it? I have an Aprilia Mana GT which also has a CVT and they recommend a belt change every 12,000 miles. The Mana GT requires expensive tools to change the belt so also wondering if it is the same on the Track Deisel. Thanks.
ultrarnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 08:28 AM   #448
Yellowbear
Adventurer

just my 0.02 on this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Track View Post
The latest news for those seeking a Track Diesel motorcycle.

Copied from their website.

Canadian and USA import

Dear Canadian and USA Customer,
we are happy to announce we have made the first steps to enter the US and Canadian market with our Track T-800CDI Dieselmotorcycles.
There is still a lot of work to be done before all systems work properly.
This however means that if you are interested in purchase of a Track T-800CDI Dieselmotorcycle there are possibilities comming up.
For Canadian and North-American requestants please contact our importer in Canada. Contact info will be available on our website soon.
The Canadian website adres will be : www.trackdiesel.ca
Not wanting to be negative but seeing is believing. The manufacturer has also to find administrative solutions in some other EU-countries, which I found him being a bit reluctant or at least too busy with. Nevertheless, I truly wish that also North-American customers can buy this product, which I had the opportunity to test drive in the NL this year.

The bike rides like a dream, it is planted to the ground, no side-wind sensibility. It was way better than an F800GS. The suspension can well be described world-class. IMHO the CVT is the biggest asset, not the diesel engine. The CVT is remarkably tuned and you are driving always in the ideal torque range. You get used to it faster than you have ever thought. Wind protection was on the spot, I was riding with open helmet. The engine and turbo noise is very acceptable at higher rpm, not as intrusive as on the videos. While the diesel engine is a state-of-the art one, I would not buy it for the fuel savings (as investment it will never return), but for the drive range, especially if you go for an RTW. Did I forget the center of gravity? It is LOW, the bike does not feel heavy at all.

I think there are only two limitations: the beltdrive needs a very little time to get grip, otherwise you burn it easily, and as for ADV-usage, fording streams might be an issue (turbo + CVT).
If you can afford it just buy it without hesitation, you will not resent it. It is a great, longlasting package. Whilst the build and components' quality absolutely justifies the price, for me personally this purchase price is hardly manageable though...
p.s. I would not be surprised if some defense forces would also vote for this ADV-bike, which would speak for itself.
Yellowbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 01:47 PM   #449
ultrarnr
Adventurer

Oddometer: 50
Details from Canadian Importer

All,

I asked a few questions about the CVT and other issues from the Canadian importer. Here is their response.

Track is now using a belt by Mitsubishi that has a 20,000km+ service life. There are no special tools needed to change the belt.

You are correct, any Mercedes dealer could service the motor. The CVT transmission is quite simple, and made in Canada. Any good motorcycle & snowmobile dealer could work on it and do the 12,500km servicing for the whole bike. Unlike your Aprilia, there are no complicated electronic controls or components to the CVT.

We are currently working on a Service and Owner's manual in English.

All Track production is on a by-order or on-demand basis. Therefore we are currently taking 2012 orders by pre-payment. We will complete a contract with you and receive your funds by wire-transfer into a trust account. You will be assigned a production number, and receive regular updates. There are options and accessories that can be added, such as the hard bags from Hepko-Becker, and freight and PDI are extra. Shipping to North America will be 26 units at a time, for a preset freight fee, or individual units can be shipped singly for an extra fee.

At this time we are also beginning to prepare the groundwork for a USA Dealer Network. If you know a dedicated and qualified motorcycle dealer who you think would fit well with the Track Motorcycles team, please encourage them to contact us.

Thank you again for your interest!

Please feel free to call at any time if you wish,

Kelly Flynn
SWM Adventure Motorsports Ltd
Track Diesel Motorcycles North America
(250) 870-1687
ultrarnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:58 AM   #450
Trackie
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Actually the manufacturer of the new belt is Mitsuboshi. I've got one of the new belts on my Track to try out. As i got this belt just a week ago I've done only some 650 km's with the new belt; there are some subtle differences compared with the old belt/weight combination.

However slight the feel of the changes individually, the total end result is a significant improvement: more robust reaction to gas due to better grip of the belt, reduction of the reaction time of the CVT system to rolling acceleration, reaction time of the CVT to start moving from a stand still also noticeably reduced.

Can't say much about the durability of this belt at this moment. I dare say I'm pretty sure that with my (rather conservative) riding style I can get way over 20.000 km out of it. I'm glad Mitshuboshi is on board with this.

This week I'll be going over 30.000 km. I've had mine for 18 months now and I'm still enjoying riding it every day. Never thought that would happen.
Trackie is offline   Reply With Quote