Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2012, 03:18 PM   #5056
Oldrookie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
Wicked

Quote:
Originally Posted by isplat2 View Post
Well...it wasn't exclusively a "Ladies" only tournament...it actually was a mixed tournney...
But....
Sadly as we only have 3 women signed up for the tour......as per "International Nude Flaming Lawn Dart Rules"....rule 7, clause 9, sub-section 42, paragraph 3...which clearly states...this is not enough to make up a full team, and therefore the match must be suspended untill more entry's can be rounded up

Side note.....above ground inflatable pools, lawn darts, and kids do not mix well to-gether.

A neighbor of a friend of mine had all of the above.
The lawn dart hit the outside of the "Bag of water" which burst open causing a mini tidal wave that flowed down into the basement. (he had those 1/2 round culvert thingees around the basement windows as they were below ground level)..that made an excellent funnel through the open window.
Ruined the basement rec room flooring that he had just finished that winter.
It was a big pool....lots of water.

....and how did your day go????
Since I plan to attend isplat2's shingding, I think it's time to introduce myself. I am Oldrookie, meaning that I'm riding an '07 Versys on an M2 licence. I am coached by the Pifflemaster, advised by Backroader, supplied by Finndian, and approved by isplat2 (according to Brian, anyway).

My northern credentials include 6 years in Labrador, 9 years in Timmins and 2 years in Sudbury, but I currently perch in Ottawa. I know how to drink scotch.

Friday arrival; waiting (im)patiently...

Cheers, John
Oldrookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:33 PM   #5057
BackRoader
Heading There Next

Oddometer: 4,745
Welcome ya oldrookie, look forward to meeting up with you. ( I don't like scotch, but I know another scotch drinkin versys rider that will be there)
Old 05-09-2012, 04:50 PM   #5058
jimtoe
Dream'n of a Dream

Oddometer: 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackRoader View Post
Welcome ya oldrookie, look forward to meeting up with you. ( I don't like scotch, but I know another scotch drinkin versys rider that will be there)
I am the other Scotch drinking Versys rider. So oldrookie do you find the Versys to tall for you. If you do let me know as I have a lowering kit including a Bigfoot side stand that I can bring out. I would let it go for a bottle of reasonably good scotch. Welcome to the club. See you in just over a week.
2001 Kawasaki Super Sherpa "just for fun"
2009 Kawasaki Versys "Nothing but smiles"
jimtoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:57 PM   #5059
Oldrookie
Gnarly Adventurer

Nae Scotch...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackRoader View Post

OK. But if you twist my arm, I will drink other stuff
Old 05-10-2012, 07:16 PM   #5060
Oldrookie
Gnarly Adventurer

Single Malt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimtoe View Post
I am the other Scotch drinking Versys rider. So oldrookie do you find the Versys to tall for you. If you do let me know as I have a lowering kit including a Bigfoot side stand that I can bring out. I would let it go for a bottle of reasonably good scotch. Welcome to the club. See you in just over a week.
Hey Jimtoe,
If it's not too much trouble, bring it along. I'll bring some nectar and we'll have a look. My feet touch the ground reasonably well at the moment, but I have carved the seat out quite a bit. My coach (the Pifflemaster) may weigh in as well. Look forward to comparing rides... John
Old 05-11-2012, 04:35 AM   #5061
isplat2
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 301
...it would be a good idea to pack a "can cozy"...or whatever y'all call them foam thingees to keep a can of soda pop cooled down...in the blazing sun....
isplat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:39 AM   #5062
jimtoe
Dream'n of a Dream

Oddometer: 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldrookie View Post
Hey Jimtoe,
If it's not too much trouble, bring it along. I'll bring some nectar and we'll have a look. My feet touch the ground reasonably well at the moment, but I have carved the seat out quite a bit. My coach (the Pifflemaster) may weigh in as well. Look forward to comparing rides... John
I will have it with me. Does not take up to much space.
2001 Kawasaki Super Sherpa "just for fun"
2009 Kawasaki Versys "Nothing but smiles"
jimtoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:15 AM   #5063
FINNDIAN
Mine goes to 11

Oddometer: 1,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by isplat2 View Post
...it would be a good idea to pack a "can cozy"...or whatever y'all call them foam thingees to keep a can of soda pop cooled down...in the blazing sun....
Blazing Sun? Soda pop? What the he'll are you talking about? ;)

Sent from my Droid RAZR using tapatalk 2
The more side roads you stop to explore, the less likely that life will pass you by. ~Robert Brault. 2004 KTM 950 S GO!!!!(Blacked out),03 Beta Rev3, 1973 Rokon Trailbreaker 2x2, 1999 Intruder 1500, 08 Aprilia rxv450, 90 DRBIG 800,79GS850
Ride Reports
FINNDIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:23 AM   #5064
BackRoader
Heading There Next

Update... ammending list of things to bring

1. Coffee Mug.

2. Insects.... no, Dan will supply.

3. Bringing "can cozy" thingeee and "Blazing Sun"

Did I forget anything ?
Old 05-11-2012, 04:01 PM   #5065
NORTH RIDER
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 740
i'll be watching for slow drinkers

no need for a" can cozy" if you can't finish a beer before it gets too warm you are doing it wrong.

1 500ml can of beer = 4 sips, follow with a shot ( i prefer tequila ) and repeat. don't worry , as a professional bartender it is my job to make sure that you are drinking at a fast steady pace. i will keep my eye on you and offer up another round if i see you slacking.

all you guys have to do is make sure i find the door out of the sauna. ( inside joke for all of you that watched me stuggle with the door last year)

north rider
1987 HONDA XL600V ( TRANSALP )
NORTH RIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:52 PM   #5066
FINNDIAN
Mine goes to 11

Oddometer: 1,742
Lmao. I forgot about the sauna incident. It wouldn't be too bad....if it wasn't your sauna.

Sent from my Droid RAZR using tapatalk 2
The more side roads you stop to explore, the less likely that life will pass you by. ~Robert Brault. 2004 KTM 950 S GO!!!!(Blacked out),03 Beta Rev3, 1973 Rokon Trailbreaker 2x2, 1999 Intruder 1500, 08 Aprilia rxv450, 90 DRBIG 800,79GS850
Ride Reports
FINNDIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:29 AM   #5067
isplat2
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 301
all you guys have to do is make sure i find the door out of the sauna.

north rider[/QUOTE]

............Right....thanks for the heads up Northrider...I will draw up a map, as well as post the GPS co-ordinates for the Sauna door...
.....perhaps a flashing neon arrow pointing in the right direction....and mark it with surveyors flagging tape...
isplat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:01 AM   #5068
Scooter59
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTH RIDER View Post
as a professional bartender it is my job to make sure that you are drinking at a fast steady pace. i will keep my eye on you and offer up another round if i see you slacking.
north rider

That's funny stuff right there.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:01 PM   #5069
BackRoader
Heading There Next

Hey Scooter59, you are up to 13 posts now. Nice to hear from you...look forward to having a beer o your deck...

BackRoader screwed with this post 05-13-2012 at 11:52 AM
BackRoader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:53 AM   #5070
PiffleMaster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,033
Rally at Isplat's camp...

For those coming to the rally this week...

If bringing glass or the like, pack it well; there is one fairly rough and bumpy (but relatively short) section to climb on the camp road.
The person who owns the road dragged/graded the entire length to the camp, and a bunch of baby heads and baseballs have been pulled to the surface in several spots. It has been cleared of many, but the hill section remains a bit bumpy.

I know that some coming to the rally have no offroad experience, but I manage it on an RT, so all should be fine on a dualsport. The other option is to park at the bottom and walk in. Just over a kilometer.
With rain expected on Tuesday, Dan tells me it may improve, but I still recommend you pack any breakables well. (It makes a mess when a can of pop gets punctured in your topbox...)

When pulling off of highway 638 and passing the “farmhouse” on the road to the camp, beware the farmer’s large white dog. It isn’t overtly vicious, but don’t trust it. It's been known to scratch paint and has a strong jaw.

There are a couple of forks in the road, but the correct path will be discreetly marked with tastefully coloured tape where necessary. ie: Blaze Orange! or Midnight Black!

Final note. Good times and great riding will prevail, Dan and Greta have prepared some fine feasts and enough beverages to keep an Aussie happy; but come prepared for cool nights, blackflies and mosquitos. Looking forward to seeing all YFFs!
PiffleMaster is offline   Reply With Quote