User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2012, 11:09 AM   #1501
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Oddometer: 3,295

Always "rediscovering" myself... Texas.

The route back from Death Valley took us through Mojave and Joshua Tree. We just could not make it a straight line to "The Oasis", this space awaiting for us "again", right now a bit hotter than what we would like to be, yet, with not much of a choice considering "Old Faithful" will be soon in a few days going through some major overhauling. Patience. Death Valley was as kicking us out or sucking us right back in. A ride report! It is never a physical ride report. The stages we are on play too much of their own feelings toward my senses, my Soul, my mind... It has become endless, it has become my own "World" as I discovered for the first time not long ago, just a few days past, it is "OK" to be in our own "World". It is fine even if so not agreable by many for the only reason of it being so different with the lack of switches and a comfort seeked. The "comfort" is within, the dimmers have too often a mind of their own moved around by so many tangents I can only be ahead of them all or too often behind.
So we are here, Spirit with his own freedom to run around as the forever Clown he is and myself these first days being lazy as never before! The word "summer" is sharpening daily. Where will we be? How far can our fuel loosing it's value will take us? Are we going to give in? We cannot. Colorado sounds enticing. The back roads of the many Forest service trails will see us parked and enjoying the coolness of such summer.
In the meantime we are also getting ready for a sharing of the Journey in Albuquerque on April 11th at Sandia BMW Motorcycle Dealer. How to share the so many years within such a short time? A slide show, tid bits on how to move on as we do while writing, photography, meeting new Friends on the shoulders of the roads, the ones paved and unpaved, cooking, all positive aspects of this road taken... The same path will take us to Overland Expo on May 18~19~20ht in Flagstaff. There will be more... Sharing is what it is all about.

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit
BeemerChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:42 PM   #1502
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

One Book, a "Milestone". Texas

Standing still. We are. The triple digit on the heat index is not. "That" keeps jumping. We are just so much not used to any kind of heat. The kind that drains, takes away thoughts and any desire to accomplish anything of worth. A couple more days, "Old Faithful" will be taken apart, we will be headed North. Yet, everything happens seemingly for a reason as I seat here and read a Book that is enlightening me. Yes, it is about the struggle of Life when loosing someone Close and Dear. It is as the pages have been written for me, it is about the path we have taken, it is telling me of an approval as never heard or read before. It is liberating to know as such, that once a while back, my decision for these past years and today has been the right one as difficult it can at times be, as challenging the simple aspect of surviving on all aspects month after month can be.
The Journey when we leave will take a turn, I can feel it and know it. So many spaces are awaiting, the ones not many have heard of, the ones one can blend in and be part of it's creation in contemplative aspects so too often ignored by many.
In the meantime, here, evening storms have made for some photos depicting always the beauty of Big Bend Flats which might not be the proper name of this area, but that is what some of us call it. All this is about some rides in the neighborhood.

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit
Old 04-03-2012, 01:29 PM   #1503
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer: 3,293
my only regret is that I'm discovering this RR just now
You can be imitated but not replaced. You're such a special blend the recipe is guarded like KFC's 11 herbs and spices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver View Post

Loutre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:30 PM   #1504
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loutre View Post
my only regret is that I'm discovering this RR just now
The past is gone... the present is NOW to be enjoyed... the future? well... you know...

Never regret. We are not stopping yet... There is really no turning around when you have been as such as us on this path.

Are you in a tent on a Mountain?...

Be well, always. Ara and Spirit
Old 04-08-2012, 08:28 AM   #1505
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Heating up on “Big Bend Flats”. Texas

I write a bit every day. It is part of my breathing it seems like. Breath out to allow breathing in. The heat index should have been proud of reaching the three digits for days on end while having us as a must to remain here. Of course now, this evening, a large storm moved in with much rain, wind and cold air. So my Journal is only true for the past days and not today. Does it really matter? It was then those days past a must to go on riding, hot or not, part of Life's Therapy to ride, a familiar loop to Terlingua, and on River Road to Presidio, Marfa, Alpine and back here. From “inside my helmet” I should often call the pages created. That is when it happens, the voices express themselves. An “Art Show” in Presidio lured us in. The most important aspect of the week however was “Old Faithful” going, not under the knife, but the wrenches. New rear engine main seal, clutch and a variety of maintenance aspects which will allow us to once again get rolling. Was it my doing? Of course not. My ability does not go that far and my good fortune to have a Friend such as Paul in charge of it all, well, there are no words for my gratitude toward him as not only he is the best “mechanic” around, but also an incredible “Human Being” when truly experiencing the Man one on one for a few days. It is all done, finished, rolling... 3 days it took, 3 days of Spirit being unhappy seeing his car away and apart on one wheel! This body is a bit sore from pulling, lifting, aspects uncommon throughout our “regular” days. On to Albuquerque... should be a good ride.

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit
Old 04-16-2012, 07:52 AM   #1506
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Our “Fate” in Albuquerque. NM

I know it is a Monday. The Dealership is closed. “Old Faithful” is sitting 600 miles from here, should I say “a blown engine”? That is basically what it is! Yes, after spending days changing a clutch and a rear main engine seal. different department! Till this morning, as the expression says, I did not know if I was coming or going. Trying to regroup. Yet, our good fortune tagged right along with us. We limped right into Sandia's BMW Motorcycle Service door! Our Presentation was the next day. They bend backwards and so quickly determined what was wrong. Everything. “Old Faithful” gave it her last breath to take us there. That in itself was amazing. More good Karma as within a couple days a Friend living near by gave us a drive back here to “The Oasis” where we are waiting, unpacking what has been thrown in the car, repacking to hopefully go back soon and continue our Journey. A new engine has been found, 2 years younger and with only 30,000 miles! Will this give us another 250,000 miles to go? Hoping and projecting. It was bound to finally happen, Nothing lasts forever and I am so thankful all is falling nicely together even though my emotions are at their highest. The Presentation went very well to a full packed house... More on that the next time. The backroads to Albuquerque... Enjoy this new entry.

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit
Old 04-16-2012, 11:32 AM   #1507
Isgro
Free ranging...

Oddometer: 48
I've followed your adventure for years over on Pirate4x4 and just wanted reiterate how much enjoy it. Great stuff Ara.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:56 PM   #1508
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isgro View Post
I've followed your adventure for years over on Pirate4x4 and just wanted reiterate how much enjoy it. Great stuff Ara.
Thank You Matt... will be rolling again soon!

Ara and Spirit
Old 04-17-2012, 05:58 PM   #1509
LynxSS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 476
Wish I'd known you were in Albuquerque.

Hard to keep up with all the threads you want to while wrenching and riding yourself
LynxSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:13 PM   #1510
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynxSS View Post
Wish I'd known you were in Albuquerque.

Hard to keep up with all the threads you want to while wrenching and riding yourself
We should be back at Sandia a week from Friday... They are getting the engine on Monday...

Will be camping there!!!

Ara and Spirit
Old 04-17-2012, 06:23 PM   #1511
BMW Kurt
Taker of Pictures

Oddometer: 10,298
You WILL be at the Expo in Flagstaff next month, right???
My Travel Blog
BMW Kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:55 PM   #1512
LynxSS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeemerChef View Post
We should be back at Sandia a week from Friday... They are getting the engine on Monday...

Will be camping there!!!

Ara and Spirit

Hey cool, maybe have to ride the airhead down and meet up. If nobody's bought you lunch yet for the day its on me
LynxSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:42 AM   #1513
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynxSS View Post
Hey cool, maybe have to ride the airhead down and meet up. If nobody's bought you lunch yet for the day its on me

Food? Lunch?... Spirit says... yes!

We will be at OX, have "One~Pan Cooking" Classes every day at 11am...

I should be at Sandia Friday... should be. John did not promise all to be ready Saturday but they will do their best. You never know what little part could be needed... So far so good. The Engine is 2 years newer and only 30k!!! Which means I will have at least another 250,000 miles to go!!!

Talk soon... Be well. Ara and Spirit
Old 04-21-2012, 12:17 PM   #1514
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Trying to swim upstream... Texas

I have to be so glad all this is happening now and not within a hot and dry Desert while isolated and miles away from civilization. “Old Faithful” awaits in Albuquerque. She is in good hands at Sandia BMW Motorcycles, she has the best mechanic taking care of her while a replacement engine is on it's way. 2 years newer, with only 30,000 miles on her, it is as a new heart is being transplanted without loosing her Soul. Yet, it has been strange, specially the first few days. Amazing how a “machine” can develop such a Soul which when not together leaves an empty daily space.

Regardless, our “Presentation” went on real well, the slide show mixed in with a couple of “Spirit's Videos” [of course!], narration of a few close to my Heart destinations, mixing in a bit with tips also throughout the Tech Session that followed, all I must say was entertaining as we also made some new Friends. Standing room only, the hour went by fast as “Old Faithful” was rolled in into the room. I think she also enjoyed the time present with so many.
We should be rolling a week from today... should be as the new engine is being dropped off on Monday. Packing and on our way tomorrow on a slow pace this time exploring more of those back roads around Albuquerque. 55 being one of them.

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit
Old 04-21-2012, 12:51 PM   #1515
CCRyder
Champ

Oddometer: 1,705
Ara, seems like just a short while ago--- that I visited you there near Dahlonega at the house on "Wheeler Rd" ? wasn't it ? And Spirit was just a big puppy - I remember the Ford truck with the camper that you started out on. You had just recently got it, and were getting prepared to travel.............................

Hard to believe 6 years or so have passed.

But then again, when I think of all the moving and traveling Tami and I have done since then, yes.......much time has gone - and gone quickly it now seems.......

Good luck with the heart transplant on old faithful.......I remember when you had just broken the 100,000 mile mark I believe.........

Plan to spend 2 weeks in Colorado this summer at the end of July and into the 1st week of august, perhaps our travels will allow us to cross paths once again ?
Tami sends you a "hello" and best wishes as well.........

Champ

2002 KTM 520 E/XC
2011 BMW R1200 GSA
CCRyder is offline   Reply With Quote