BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Oddometer: 3,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by waylongway View Post
+1 happy new year
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blader54 View Post
Yup, still reading! I bought my girlfriend a Spirit tee shirt for Xmas. She loves pit bulls....and doggles! Hope to meet you on the road one day.
Thank You. We should be ready to move on soon... Getting itchy here!

Stay well. Ara and Spirit
BeemerChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:18 AM   #1637
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1tch View Post
Still here and still reading. Happy New Year to you and Spirit. Happy travelling.
Thank You. Happy New Year and more to you too.

Quote:
+1 happy new year
Likewise...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blader54 View Post
Yup, still reading! I bought my girlfriend a Spirit tee shirt for Xmas. She loves pit bulls....and doggles! Hope to meet you on the road one day.
Thank You for the support. Hope to see you also on the road sometime.

Tentative book front cover and excerpts. TX

We are literally coming up for air being in between the second and third edits of our book "Freedom on Both Ends of the Leash". I am realizing we [Spirit also!] have so totally hibernated and as the second edit ended yesterday, I felt as my fuses had blown.

I read today, written by "Anais Nin":

"We write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospect"

It has been three months of intense retrospect.

Our editor loves the book, I posted some excerpts just yesterday on our journal and the feedback has been very positive. Myself? an opinion? I don't know... besides finding our past seven years having been interesting mental and physical path with positive choices made.
We live in such a beautiful country, everyone of course has a taste of their own when it comes to the outdoors, we ourselves try to find the desolate beauty which surrounds us.

I want to say "we will be off for about a week"! It does sound kind of strange as being off 24/7, yet in contrast with these past months it does make sense to me as I have no doubt Spirit also agrees.
We are off towards Big Bend National Park. I already know some corner will be waiting for us and the cameras will be put to work again.

As a good friend of ours said the other day "there is no deadline for this book, is there?". My answer was "not really". Maybe another month or so.

We do miss the road and the unknown behind every boulder seen.

Till next time.

Stay well.

Ara and Spirit

8th Year, the Stars, living under them…

www.theoasisofmysoul.com The Journal
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/beemerchef 2014 Happy Sunsets Calendar
Old 01-15-2014, 05:13 PM   #1638
scarysharkface
30-125

Oddometer: 12,956
Can't wait, but happily will. Looking forward to getting back to Big Bend again as well.

John

The road to Hell is paved...
Save $5 on a Smugmug subscription when you use my coupon:
yBr7OofIPuOP6
'98 DR350 for sale http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1000749
scarysharkface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 06:57 PM   #1639
waylongway
madmax

Oddometer: 468
Can I get a autographed copy when the book comes out?

Happy trails ...
Old 01-19-2014, 01:52 PM   #1640
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarysharkface View Post
Can't wait, but happily will. Looking forward to getting back to Big Bend again as well.

John
We just got out of there. Spent a few days. Much activity on the border right now. Stop by if ever here.

Quote:
Can I get a autographed copy when the book comes out?

Happy trails ...
Of course you can. Spirit is also going to autograph them...

Stay well.
Ara and Spirit
Old 01-25-2014, 09:16 AM   #1641
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Taking a breather between edits in Big Big Bend National Park. Tx

The stages here at The Oasis and in the park are very similar. It is a gift when throughout these winter times one can within comfortable temperatures roam around 900,000 acres only a few miles away. Every fall I tell myself "we are not coming back", and yet, here we are, the space calling us like a magnet. Baja in Mexico would probably the only other region I would consider while still away from the crowds as the plus would be the beaches. Maybe next winter.

It was a fine time at the park, a change of scenery while taking a breather between edit #2 and #3 of "Freedom on Both Ends of the Leash". Some nice riding, meeting travelers going around the world in their Unimog and Landcruiser, cooking on the grill, just being while watching the sun go by followed by the moon right behind it.

Would I ever consider writing at some point Book #2? I doubt it very much. Would I recommend anyone to write one Book? Yes! Absolutely. It is consuming, it demands discipline and for myself an environment of silence and peace unencumbered from any urban aspect. Everyone has a story to tell worthy of others to read.

It is easy and hard all at the same time. It is demanding especially when the contents are non-fiction. Unable to live in the now the mind is constantly hovering over the past dates which fills the pages. Then comes the edits which is what we are going through right now. Can one really write a 90,000 word book without any errors? They say it is possible. I yet have to find out. Soon.

There are times I ask myself "why am I doing this?", other times a sense of accomplishment takes places as all is more of a personal challenge than anything else. One more month! It will then go to the printers. Digitally and physically.

Till next time.

Stay well.

Ara and Spirit

Old 02-04-2014, 01:54 PM   #1642
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

"Dogs and Spiritual Materialism"

This would be the first time in over seven years while keeping a journal, posting an entry a friend, "Damun Gracenin", wrote. Obviously about dogs... "Dogs" with a capital "D".

It was just too good to not share as myself and Spirit while together 24/7 see and understand the reality of the meaning and words of it all.

Besides, the nights and days here are filled with the past pages of the book which is now entering its fourth edit. I must say, while driving my editor "crazy", for lack of a better word.

The experience is fulfilling. Some days are good, some not so good as the road does not cease calling our names. Yet, there is nowhere else we should be while here under good weather, silence and neighbors miles away. Another month? At the most I would say.

Our previous journal entry has a couple videos. One where I changed the angle of the camera facing Spirit and the other, again of Spirit, this time in the evening wearing his "new" Halo Belt collars. The company has a great future no doubt.They are optic fiber LED belts which also can be worn over the shoulder when riding and the same LED's as collars. Besides hearing Spirit's Bear bell, I can now also see where he is. Pretty amazing.

So till next time while I start on some chores here throughout this break. Maybe start packing!!!

Till next time.

Stay well.

Ara and Spirit

Old 02-22-2014, 11:03 AM   #1643
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Captain of our Souls, TX

Life can be an amazing feat sometimes in charge of our path and at times not. Often we fall right in between hoping the cracks are not too deep.

The realization of an addiction came upon me last Sunday when after days on end, non stop pounding the keyboard throughout a fifth edit of the book [or is the sixth?] I shut it all down and on we went for a 400 mile ride. Life on the road is "addicting", so is riding. I can only very poorly express it, one has to experience it. Chatting always goes along on those road with the few we always bump into. Spirit is invariably most of the times the culprit.

While here, could be in Terlingua, the Park, Marathon or Alpine as it happened that day, the choices of destinations are many. The truth is, no destination is needed. We just go. No clock in sight, just a glance as to where the sun is and the wandering takes place.

I didn't think we would have to sit this long throughout winter, yet all is so close to a finish line. I had to give myself and others a deadline, we are are on the home stretch. March 10th is when the manuscript will be applied for Copyrights and on immediatly will start the many publishing steps in all the electronic formats and soft cover.

That day ride was a fine one. The best we have had in weeks. We could not get enough of it and returned past sunset watching the nightly show from a different vantage point than here at The Oasis. And now, to my surprise, another week has almost gone by. I think tomorrow will be time again to let it all out and implement that addiction of ours.

There are more thoughts on the Journal. Riding and thinking goes hand in hand. As I wrote, sometimes serious, often silly.

Till next time.

Stay well.

Ara and Spirit

8th Year, the Stars, living under them
Old 03-01-2014, 09:06 PM   #1644
UKbri
Just a Rider

Oddometer: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by

It was a nice break from the so far 80,000 pages written, having two travelers stop by a couple days ago. Refreshing conversations all with similar interactions with the road, the many met, the experiences, human and physical. The kindness of people present. They have been rolling for two and a half years now. I had coincidentally cooked enough food that morning with our Solar Oven to feed an army. When I saw they were getting ready to open a of couple cans, they were put away quickly. Bad Karma I think it would have been to open those at The Oasis...

It has been a breather to have company and now, through January, by the time you read these words, I will be back into the book. Summer of 2011. Couple more years to go.
Happy Holidays to you all and wishing you a very Merry Christmas.
Till next time.
Stay well.
Ara and Spirit
[URL="http://theoasisofmysoul.com/"
8th Year, the Stars, living under them… [/URL]

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/beemerchef 2014 Happy Sunsets Calendar
Hey Ara
The 2 travelers are doing well and trying to stay away from the canned goodness.
I polished the boots today which made me think of you. They are doing well and getting covered in Mexican dust.
Hope the writting is coming along.
All the best
Bri and Michelle
UKbri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 09:29 PM   #1645
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKbri View Post
Hey Ara
The 2 travelers are doing well and trying to stay away from the canned goodness.
I polished the boots today which made me think of you. They are doing well and getting covered in Mexican dust.
Hope the writting is coming along.
All the best
Bri and Michelle

Funny! You read that. It was a breath of fresh air having here. That RV BTW is being cleaned up! All will be covered when we leave in 2-3 weeks. Getting antsy. You both take good care of each othe. Gl ad the boots are seeing some good use. Happy for the both of you. See you down the road.
Old 03-16-2014, 10:21 AM   #1646
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Reconciliation with Life. TX

Five months later, the last punctuation has been typed, the manuscript of "Freedom on Both Ends of the Leash" has moved on to the publishers. It is time to pack up and move on rolling on our familiar path of unfamiliar roads. The present has seen a bit of a void and much free time surfacing back into our days. An odd feeling mixed in with a sense of accomplishment. It will be a couple more months before publication, I must have patience.

I am trying to decipher a route to Florida as far as Cedar Key, then back up to Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, those familiar neighborhoods we left years ago. All this hoping to be back to Southern Utah early May to enjoy some coolness in their deserts before having to escape more north.

Oil changes, new tires, clean up a starter, making a list, following that list, all will be part of the coming up ten days before we leave. It is all part of regrouping, a familiar scene always I must say exciting while knowing we belong to the road and nowhere else.

Spring is right around the corner for us! New destinations, looking forward to much photography and many new videos. That is about the whole content of our lives, Spirit and I.

Till next time.

Stay well.

Ara and Spirit

Old 03-16-2014, 11:32 AM   #1647
WildMonkey
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 113
If passing close to...

Pensacola, FL I would like to extend an invitation for a meal & some vino ! Hope your travels reward you going into the future !

Steve.
2006 DR 650 "Flying Bananna"
WildMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 05:34 PM   #1648
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildMonkey View Post
Pensacola, FL I would like to extend an invitation for a meal & some vino ! Hope your travels reward you going into the future !

Steve.
Actually that might be as far as we might go, maybe Cedar Key also to see some good friends who own a motel on the water. I just need to renew my diver's license. They want to see me this time! Thanks. We will try to stay in touch.

Stay well. Ara and Spirit
Old 03-16-2014, 08:16 PM   #1649
waylongway
madmax

Oddometer: 468
Good Luck on the new adventure
Glad to here you will be back on the road again...can't wait for the pictures to come..

Give spirit a hug for us!!
Old 03-17-2014, 11:12 AM   #1650
BELSTAFF
ADV NOMAD

Oddometer: 1,090
And in May??

Ara & Spirit :

Heading North early May ? Could this mean a possible stop on the way to say Hi to us at Overland Expo ?
Maybe a Sidecar full of books--hot off the press. I sure would like a personally signed copy by Spirit & of course the other end of the leash.

Happy trails,
Jeff

Arizona OHV Ambassador
BELSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote