Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2007, 04:21 PM   #226
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Oddometer: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockn6gs
Damn what a meal ARA !! I Hope you had a pleasant stay and I think Spirit enjoyed himself.. Like I said the extension cord will be out just give a call ya know were to park.
The pleasure was mine Mark... and Angie!... I did like it... maybe I will start something with AdvRiders or others... even maybe for special occasions...
Spirit is out of it... he was sad all day!... wish he could have a companion like Lucy... and then again... there should be a smilie for "goofy"... you have some great buddies... and great family... and home... job... You have it made!
Don't ever loose sight of that...
Let me know about the KTM...
Just set up at Red Rock Canyon... could not find BLM... not even at Mt Hamilton... quite some sceneries here...
I am afraid that you are right about going to Sedona!... there is NO roads from here... would have to drop back down to 40... and visit you again half way!!!...
Should have some pictures up by tomorrow or tonight...
Be well...

Ara & Spirit
BeemerChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 08:23 PM   #227
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

New Friends in Kingman, AZ.

We are finally settled by Red Rock Canyon, Nevada. Why plan any routes since I don’t follow them anyhow!... Left Kingman this morning, actually passed through Las Vegas... I will give you my impressions on the next go around. Yesterday was a smooth ride from Lake Havasu to the Hospitality of Mark, Angie and his wonderful family... including a personal tour in his hangar and some late cooking for everyone... Definitely no dinner for me tonight... but last night was a good one!

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

Old 02-23-2007, 08:39 PM   #228
rockn6gs
S^2C

Oddometer: 460
Ara,

Here is the elusive picture of the whole gang.
Attached Images

rockn6gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 09:23 AM   #229
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

To Red Rock Canyon, NV.

Great shot Mark!!!

To Red Rock Canyon, NV.

We have arrived at Red Rock Canyon and it is cold and windy. A shock to the system for the both of us, we were getting used to running around all day in a T Shirt! For the first time I had to put some rocks at the base of the Dish, even though anchored, 30mph winds with gusts of 50 just did not make me trust that anchor.
It was a fine road from Kingman... going through Las Vegas... hummm, what happened to that town?
We are settled and even saw a bit of Mt Hamilton... enjoy the pictures.

Be well...

Ara & Spirit
Old 02-24-2007, 10:53 AM   #230
Motor31
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,941
Ara,

If you have the claw, and I know Scott told you about it, you should be good up to 75 to 80 MPH winds as long as you drove those pins all the way home. Mine held up until 90 - 95 MPH gust in a T-storm with the pins still showing 2" above the claw. Sink those pins deep if weather is coming.

DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 04:37 PM   #231
rockn6gs
S^2C

Ara,

Hope you and spirit are OK.The wind has to be pounding you there at Red Rock. It's a cactus bender here in AZ today.
Old 02-25-2007, 05:07 PM   #232
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor31
Ara,

If you have the claw, and I know Scott told you about it, you should be good up to 75 to 80 MPH winds as long as you drove those pins all the way home. Mine held up until 90 - 95 MPH gust in a T-storm with the pins still showing 2" above the claw. Sink those pins deep if weather is coming.
NOP... and NO!!!... the whole unit will pivot on itself... physics!.. and believe that the tie down was tight!!!... and the pins where all the way in... the claw did not move!... trust me that it can pivot on itself...
No damage however, I will post some pictures soon. The reception is actually better than before... if you like I can hammer yours sometime!
I have three additonal straps now!... it is not going anywhere... but might still remove the arm/dish/radio at night...
Thanks for the concern. I thought about buying a new dish... but... this one has character now... kind of looks like my rig... beat up... and I con't think this way anyone will think about stealing it!

For those reading and not knowing what we are talking about... I just realized that... the wind blew my Dish over the other night!!! All is fine... I got lucky... I hope that Scott talk to his customers about it...

Mark... so far the wind has not been too bad but I expectt a heavy blow tonight! Thanks again for lunch... even if we had to ride 100 miles for it!!!
Took some back streets on the way back... bumper to bumper!!!
KTM???... when???

Be well...

Ara and Spirit
Old 02-25-2007, 06:27 PM   #233
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Quote:
Originally Posted by geode
Hi Spirit, ... Hi Ara,

Maybe mount a pipe as a socket, on the trailer for the dish pole to nest in? Then put a downhaul strap to hold it in place, just like a cunningham on your sailboat boom.

Just a thought.

Check your e-mail sometime.

be well, g
Sorry Geode, I did get your e mail... have not replied yet!... I will...
We thought about mounting the Dish on the trailer... but the tube itself that holds it upright needs to be horizontal/leveled, which means it has to have movements itself... also if there is obstructions I have 50 feet of cable to move it to a clear view to the sky. I am sure you would devise something... I am just not that smart mechanically...
My 3 straps right now are holding real good with the three stakes into the ground! Oh! well... just got lucky I guess...
Will talk to you soon...

Ara and a sleepy Spirit!
Old 02-26-2007, 06:23 AM   #234
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

A bit of Red Rock Canyon, NV.

A bit of Red Rock Canyon, NV.

I could not stand it anymore... cold and snowing a bit, Spirit has his coat, I have my Gerbings... dark skies or not I wanted to at least ride the loop at Red Canyon. And we did just that...
Today, the sun is out again, the temps are still down, and a renewed energy seemed to have surfaced. Sunshine is definitely the meaning of life and the soul. An incredible energizer for me...
This was the loop yesterday... we have much hiking and rides planned here... we?... right!

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

Old 02-28-2007, 08:22 AM   #235
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

About "Storms" and "Scooters"...

About “Storms” and “Scooters”...

Lots always seems to happen when close to a City... rule of thumb, right?
The idea was to head out for a ride, but seeing scooters after scooters... well, it just did not happen... we stopped, talked and end up following them to their 7th Annual Rally spot!
They were from all over the World, England... Japan... just about all the cities in the USA.
And I was in the middle of it, 4 times their size... that’s the rig mind you.
It took up most of the day... so no sunsets or no sunrise pictures today!
What a break! I’ll make up for it soon... promise!
This was before the storm that caused evacuating Red Rock Canyon... what a night!
Enjoy the Blog...

Ara & Spirit
Old 02-28-2007, 10:01 AM   #236
rockn6gs
S^2C

Looks like your having a good stay in LV Ara. How was the wind at Red Rock last night??
Old 02-28-2007, 10:12 AM   #237
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockn6gs
Looks like your having a good stay in LV Ara. How was the wind at Red Rock last night??
read the Blog Mark... we had to evacuate!!!... was up without sleep for 48 hrs... but WAIT till you see the Valley of Fire!!! This is when we can say...
"Oh! My God... ", it is incredible... out the door buddy... KTM??? I know NOW that you are set on THAT one!!! Spoiled Brat... but... okay... you deserve it!!!

Be well...

Ara & Spirit
Old 02-28-2007, 10:27 AM   #238
rockn6gs
S^2C

WOW
Old 03-01-2007, 08:48 AM   #239
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Valley of Fire... cooking with heat?

Valley of Fire... cooking with heat?

Good move... the winds are practically non existent here and I (we... I heard him!) slept like logs last night. There was some clouds and rain in the horizons threatening and NOAA showed just scattered rain, (smart... finally!), the temps dropping to the low thirties tonight and we took off on this, I call it, Foreign Planet!
There is “green plants” actually... had not seen any for a while and none of the colors here are what they are suppose to be!... The roads?... awesome and so are the people here. A must to visit...
Oh! I also cooked some...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit
Old 03-01-2007, 03:12 PM   #240
rockn6gs
S^2C

The food pictures are killing me Ara... Whens dinner???