Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2006, 02:09 PM   #31
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Oddometer: 3,270
A bit of Texas Hills...

A bit of the Texas Hills...

It seems that plans when living on the road are made to be broken!... As we have been watching the weather, they promised hail and snow and 1 degree temp for tonight in Big Bend... it was already last night... brainless decision to hold the departure for tomorrow am...
Food store today... new coat for Spirit... “camo” design I might add... not my favorite by from lack of choice... and a good night sleep for tomorrow’s travel... half way most likely if anything interesting pops up...
In the meantime, we took a short ride to the Texas Hills yesterday... glad that I did... I know now that Texas is not as flat as I imagined it!
Some pictures and ride report here on the Blog...

Hope writing to you from Big Bend next time!... really!!!

... I could not resist the picture!

Be well... from Ara & Spirit
BeemerChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 02:16 PM   #32
PhilSpace
The Gov

Oddometer: 35,090
Be safe and warm.

PhilSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 02:25 PM   #33
MaddBrit
Now officially a Yank.

Oddometer: 23,482
Very, very nice!

Old 12-08-2006, 02:29 PM   #34
Papa Dulce
Old Enough to Know Better

Oddometer: 190
Hey Ara,
Glad that you and the pup are on the road again. Art and I were the ones that pulled you out of the cane field Sat morning. Check in if you are ever in the area again. We could show you around the area better if we had more time.
Warren

'01 R1150GS The Big Bitch
'03 XR650R El Gallo Rojo
'71 R75/5 Old Gentleman
'03 Tiger (Mama Dulce's)
'99 DR 350 (Mama's too)
Papa Dulce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 02:30 PM   #35
PhilSpace
The Gov

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeemerChef
That is very cool... something like this?...

Did you get my pm?... I had a question in it for you... can you pm me back?

How is Dawsonville?... seems like I left so so long ago... so much already has happened...time warp! Wonder who is living in my old house!

Till later... Ara & Spirit
Screw it, that's it. I'm getting that Ural hack. It's the only way I can haul parts to Steve's house anyway

Jesse and Minnie would love riding.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:55 PM   #36
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Dulce
Hey Ara,
Glad that you and the pup are on the road again. Art and I were the ones that pulled you out of the cane field Sat morning. Check in if you are ever in the area again. We could show you around the area better if we had more time.
Warren
Oh! you guys... you were so great that day!... life saver... million THANKS again...
As I am free now to go West without having to hang around East I am...
Come and join me sometime... the vast lands have a lot of room!
Walt fixed the Ural arms like never before!... It is again a fine machine...
Please stay in touch... throughout my days I can loose track of my threads!

You be well... ride safe... gentlemen...

Ara & Spirit
Old 12-09-2006, 04:00 AM   #37
cagiva549
whats a cagiva

Oddometer: 2,454
Have fun in BB , be aware Rio Grande Village is a nice looking low altitude camp ground but it is overun with wild hogs , they will destroy any thing for food . And the basin is , well you will see when you get to it , Awsome but it gets kinda cool at times . Check this place , it might work for you . http://www.chinatihotsprings.com/map_directions.html , dirt roads to it but well maintained and Pinto canyon is sweet but it will be rough on the hack . At least check out the bridge on the south end , built by German POW's during WWII . Have a great trip . Some good food can be found at little hidden places in New Mexico but you have already had the best , you can start your diet now , you wont miss anything good . SEYA
http://www.chinatihotsprings.com Hope this one works
05 ST3 duck
07 KTM 450 EXC
86 Goldwing my geezer ride
cagiva549 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 04:42 AM   #38
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagiva549
Have fun in BB , be aware Rio Grande Village is a nice looking low altitude camp ground but it is overun with wild hogs , they will destroy any thing for food . And the basin is , well you will see when you get to it , Awsome but it gets kinda cool at times . Check this place , it might work for you . http://www.chinatihotsprings.com/map_directions.html , dirt roads to it but well maintained and Pinto canyon is sweet but it will be rough on the hack . At least check out the bridge on the south end , built by German POW's during WWII . Have a great trip . Some good food can be found at little hidden places in New Mexico but you have already had the best , you can start your diet now , you wont miss anything good . SEYA
http://www.chinatihotsprings.com Hope this one works
Hi David, thanks for the tips. I will also camp in the other Parks in vicinity, as I do not know when I will be back to the area one cannot miss anything... specially being winter and wanting to stay south.
Hard to beleive but there is a Big Bend Forum!!!... 300 or so members which I have joined and much information there also... they have made me feel very welcomed and that is a plus! Also Voni and Paul Glaves live a bit south of Alpine... which was a surprise!... So yes... I am looking forward to all of this... Was near 0 last night with traces of snow and ice... one reason why I am not leaving till this am... and then again... there are still many months of winter left!
Will stay in touch...
Be well... Ara & Spirit
Old 12-10-2006, 05:41 PM   #39
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Big Bend...

Made it to Big Bend... today!

I wanted to make my first sight in daylight and we took two days to get here... Sanderson was last night’s stop... but today I am in Terlingua... and without say... breathtaking... this is not having even been into the Park yet!
All I can hope is that my camera does justice to the scenery for the days to come...
Hwy# 90 was a nice ride... deserted... and as one might say the ocean can be boring and is not... the same scenario plays here. I have heard over and over... but there are no trees... of course not... but if one looks closely there is so much more to the eye... and the mind!
I will go on posting on the Blog as much as I can... lucky to have WI FI here from 6am to 10pm... and amazingly the days here are longer!... daylight till about 7pm... summer approaching?
Better not fool myself... winter is going to be here for a while...
Till then... till tomorrow... be well... I am breathing again!

Ara and, of course, Spirit...
Old 12-11-2006, 07:00 PM   #40
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

There and here...

Some black top riding in Big Bend today... what a huge Park!... Asphalt only and did not even cover half of it!... which you will see tomorrow...
I had still however some untold thoughts about the past couple days before arriving here and some hopefully interesting pictures!... for the Blog.

Hope you enjoy them... we did... Ara & Spirit

Old 12-13-2006, 02:01 PM   #41
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

This starts Big Bend...

We are riding... we are cooking... we are eating... A peaceful blanket has descended from the skies, what more can someone wish for. Spirit is a changed dog!... I think he is finally realizing that there is no home to go to, this is it, changing daily from our unplanned destinations. We have been taking long walks, longer everyday as I myself need to ease in to it! His appetite has been great, well, so has mine... wish he could tell me about all the smells! Mountain lions maybe?... cousins from the past hovering upon this beautiful land in spirit... who knows... his smile is good enough for me... all this after all was not such a bad idea!
Anyone cares to join me for the Holidays?... this is where we will be... I am looking for a strand of lights for the bike... it will be my tree... she has had a rough life and deserves some kindness too!
Might even go as far as feeding her some fresh oil!... and yes, a nice new filter also!
Enjoy the Blog...

Be well... look up the skies and smiles... that is the bottom line... it is always the same for all of us!

Ara & Spirit
Old 12-13-2006, 03:19 PM   #42
PhilSpace
The Gov

Quote:
We are riding... we are cooking... we are eating... A peaceful blanket has descended from the skies, what more can someone wish for. Spirit is a changed dog!... I think he is finally realizing that there is no home to go to, this is it, changing daily from our unplanned destinations. We have been taking long walks, longer everyday as I myself need to ease in to it! His appetite has been great, well, so has mine... wish he could tell me about all the smells! Mountain lions maybe?... cousins from the past hovering upon this beautiful land in spirit... who knows... his smile is good enough for me... all this after all was not such a bad idea!
Anyone cares to join me for the Holidays?... this is where we will be... I am looking for a strand of lights for the bike... it will be my tree... she has had a rough life and deserves some kindness too!
Might even go as far as feeding her some fresh oil!... and yes, a nice new filter also!
Enjoy the Blog...

Be well... look up the skies and smiles... that is the bottom line... it is always the same for all of us!

Ara & Spirit
The landscape shots and all are great, but Ara, this picture just gave me a warm fuzzy attack. Very nice.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:35 AM   #43
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

A bit more of Big Bend...

"Warm and fuzzy" attack... not good for the health... cure?... ride down here!
I may be the millionth one visiting this Park... I so much wish now I had a better camera!... looking into it... will try to find optical zoom lenses for a great Nikon Cool Pix 990 that I still have... there are thousands of pictures just more stunning than mine... but this is my story... and... as they say... I will stick to it!
I will start getting into the Park at sunsets... sunrises... I am finding a lot of haze during the day...
I am trying... I want to stop every 100ft... the rock formations resembles so many scenes and people of the past daily life... and it will be fun to post the pictures and write about them...
It was a different ride into the Park today... the West end including Chisos Basin at 5401ft... and the Blog has it all...

Be well... and enjoy...

Ara & Spirit
Old 12-14-2006, 06:26 AM   #44
Cooltours
Rider of passion

Oddometer: 1,475
Quote:
....Seems like I am never going to leave this State... at least I know that I will never go hungry...
Damned! Well, THIS is the inspiration of the year!
Cooltours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 06:44 AM   #45
Dranrab Luap
E-Tarded

Oddometer: 29,825
Continued best wishes Ara. You are doing a wonderful job of reminding me what attracted me to adventure cycling.
Dranrab Luap is offline   Reply With Quote