User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2008, 05:35 AM   #691
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Oddometer: 3,275
The Oasis of my Soul...

Strom is very good Wheedle... let us when getting close!
Hi Nomad Rip... close to 300 entries by now... you can always check the Archives for the areas that interests you... "on going" is right!!!

Canyon the Chelly, Utah

Pronounced “sha-e”, I stood corrected. A nice ride into Arizona exploring the cliffs of this Canyon I had never heard of till a few days ago. Beautiful and breathtaking, uncrowded on Navajo Land as they also live in the Valley with much farming utilizing the rich soil available.
For the first time we were not alone, joined by Art, a reader and rider from New York City, New York… curious of our Lifestyle. Quite a step for him to pack up and go as it seems that his own Journey has turned into Jell-O abandoning all the plans he had drawn on his map and just following his nose.
It is never the “destination” truly, but the Journey. A bit of cooking, many pictures and ourselves will go back again to ride some of the roads we did not have a chance to touch yet.
Enjoy the Canyon, I hope you get to visit it some day soon…
Be well… Ara & Spirit
BeemerChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 05:48 AM   #692
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

The Oasis of my Soul...

Another day by the Canyons, Utah

The riding was awesome stopping at all the overlooks, Spirit was in his glory as usual being outdoor and wind in his face… proudly sitting with his head up as a sidecar owner… (he is!!!). There were so many more roads we yet have not done due to lack of time as Art and I parted after some great company. Him going west… us going east. Now that we are familiar with the area of the Canyon de Chelly, we will plan again to ride beyond it some passes we were told are just magnificent and twisted!
We are back in Bluff for a couple of days, changing brake pads and trying to figure out why there is a couple of drops of oil sipping from under the front cover… I need to be in that “mood” to do mechanical work… I think today is it!
More pictures on the Blog… as always.
Be well.
Ara & Spirit
Old 05-31-2008, 07:53 PM   #693
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

The Oasis of my Soul...

Camping at Monument Valley, Utah

Those longs days are tiresome sometimes when trying to catch sunsets and sunrises back to back! Even Spirit in still darkness, in the am his eyes half closed seems to be complaining!
It was just some place visited before but never camped in… Monument Valley.
We took our time getting there and also a small detour in Oljato to check out the Trading Post, an original built in 1921.
On to the park we had first row seats ahead of everyone with the same idea! What I thought would be a non sense turned into fun while chatting with the many foreigners present, taking advantage of their beneficial Euro exchange….
There will be a couple chapters of this outing… too many pictures and too much going on!
Be well… always…
Ara & Spirit
Old 06-03-2008, 07:27 AM   #694
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

The Oasis of my Soul..

So more camping at Monument Valley! Utah…

This was camping with photography in mind… the dirt road loop also I have to say is always kind of challenging trying to always figure out a better line and explore the possibilities of the rig’s handling! Nice also to meet many foreigners taking advantage of the Euro exchange and listen to their own perspective about traveling and visiting this Country. Only one complain… same as mine… the food situation! But look at where we are! Food Distributors don’t even want to deliver their ingredients this far… time… and fuel costs! So… keep on cooking!
The heat in the air is being really felt this morning and the “no-see-ums”, I think same as “gnats” (?) are out in full force… I thought we left them behind in Florida… but wrong! I even tried “dryer sheets” to keep them away… not much is working… Colorado Mountains are sounding more and more appealing!!!
Till next time… enjoy the pictures… maybe the writing too!
Be well Ara & Spirit
Old 06-03-2008, 07:56 AM   #695
ywr969
Ye Wilde Ryder

Oddometer: 657
as always, beautiful work, BC.

BTW, received the "bite me" t-shirt, & as i predicted, my dogs are jealous of Spirit.

this one is a miniature version of Spirit:

2005 Husqvarna TE-510
"What we do in life echoes in eternity."
ywr969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 04:52 PM   #696
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

The Oasis of my Soul...

Glad that you did... Love the picture! They need to meet some day and I am sure that they will!!! Thanks...

Is it winter… again?
33 degrees a few miles up the road, dark clouds and much rain yesterday… but it looks like all will change tomorrow when we head out soon (I like to use that word!… no time frame…) to the “Antelope Slot Canyon” in Page, by Lake Powell. We are looking forward to it… Spirit will stay behind for a couple hours under the watchful eyes of the Lady that books the Tours as no one is allowed in without a guide, and Dogs cannot join us… again! Not my favorite way to go… but I think it will be worth it…
I am still lost within the images of Monument Valley! Hard to get tired of it when they project such a constant change of shadows throughout the day starting with sunrise, specially when no one is around but us…
The rest of the images are here…
Be well… always… Ara & Spirit
Old 06-09-2008, 01:18 PM   #697
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

The Oasis of my Soul...

Page, AZ… the lower Canyon

All I could say while visiting both upper and lower Antelope Slot Canyon was “phenomenal”… as truly I was left speechless by the wonders that Mother Nature truly outdoing herself on this both occasions.
A bit of a rough ride due to some heavy winds going in, sailing with ease coming up… one makes up for the extra fuel used the other way! I guess!
Page is a busy town… a Super Center Walmart probably says it all!
The weather was perfect and still is, will stay as is all summer? The area might then be called Paradise.
Many pictures of the Canyons, so many that I will eventually create a SmuMug Galery for them soon!
Enjoy… and as always, be well.

Ara & Spirit
Old 06-09-2008, 02:05 PM   #698
100mpg
This sentance intent

Oddometer: 16,570
Is the color digitally changed at all in this picture? But either way, I have to see this place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeemerChef

Ara & Spirit
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255). DSI #694
100mpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 02:25 PM   #699
ywr969
Ye Wilde Ryder

Oddometer: 657
simply stunning.

2005 Husqvarna TE-510
"What we do in life echoes in eternity."
ywr969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 03:47 PM   #700
NomadRip
Always a n00b

Oddometer: 3,364
Wonderful pictures, Ara.

Click to save $5 when you sign up for a SmugMug account! Or sign up with this coupon code: QzxDJzcJstR4A
NomadRip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 06:45 PM   #701
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100mpg
Is the color digitally changed at all in this picture? But either way, I have to see this place.
Thanks guys... and... no, no, no... colors are what they are, all changing as the intensity of the light changes throughout the Canyon. Adding a couple notches from within the camera of Magenta and Orange makes up for the loss of color when taking the picture... You do need to see it! There will be more pictures...

Be well... Ara & Spirit
Old 06-10-2008, 08:22 AM   #702
Wheedle
I love inflatable fun!

Oddometer: 3,772
Quote:
Strom is very good Wheedle... let us when getting close!
Dangit Ara... As much as I try, I cant make a side-trip out into Utah work in my time-frame . Ill be in Grand Junction Monday, then heading over to Black Canyon Of Gunnison Tuesday.

Life is short, Enjoy the ride!
- Todd Phillips
Ride in peace brother.....
Wheedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 12:47 PM   #703
Vance
Banned

Oddometer: 18,253
Vance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 12:59 PM   #704
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheedle
Dangit Ara... As much as I try, I cant make a side-trip out into Utah work in my time-frame . Ill be in Grand Junction Monday, then heading over to Black Canyon Of Gunnison Tuesday.
How are you Vance?... little fellow???...

ha! Wheedle... Life can be rough sometimes...
Actually we are moving out of Bluff thursday or friday... have to stop in Cortez maybe to have a tire changed on the sidecar... then looking for some free camping around the south west... It is going to get too hot here for Spirit... Maybe Canyons of the Ancient?... eventually Gunnison also... but not tuesday... fuel is killing us!!!

Be well... Ara & Spirit
Old 06-10-2008, 01:50 PM   #705
VIVID1
Ducatistanna

Oddometer: 1,725
Hi Ara and Spirit

Quote:

Page is a busy town… a Super Center Walmart probably says it all!
Loved the pictures from the canyons near Page. Amazing!

Page, AZ has changed so much over the years. I was there for the first time in 1987. There was no park or entrance fees or marina. Me and my friend camped out on Lake Powell near the lone rock for two weeks for free. Most days we were alone.

Loved it there so much I came back with another friend in 1990 and did the same, but that time three weeks of camping on the beach for free.

In 2000 I was back, stayed there for two days and I couldn’t believe how they built it up. Many of the lake front beaches were now marinas.

In 2006 I was passing through there again and camped one night at Lake Powel. The town was ever bigger now.

XT225 | ST3 | 954RR
VIVID1 is offline   Reply With Quote