User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2008, 10:24 AM   #871
markhas
markhas

Oddometer: 233
Bend awhile

Ari, it's been awhile since I was last in touch. Big Bend is definetly on my list, soon as my youngest is out of school I'm there for a few weeks in the Winter.

Looking at Mexico & Canada and the States to split up during the weather. Then I'll drift off into one of those sunsets you take pictures of...
markhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 06:56 PM   #872
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Oddometer: 3,304
The Oasis of my Soul... Life Under the Stars...

We should be in and out in the winter... let us know... will light a fire!

My imaginary bridge, Tx.

These times, specially for me, brings much reflection to all days, past and present, not much for the future however. I let those guide themselves as they will anyhow. We have been spending much time at this “swimming hole” lately. I won’t tell you where it is, however when you visit, I will take you there. Every square inch is a work of Art, so much that I just cannot imagine how it all came about, the shapes, the crevasses, the waves and smoothness within the rocks, it is such eye candy that we sit there for hours and this time wrote down some of my thoughts.
The road leading is good, a bit washy at the end as I managed to take a little detour without any problems.
The weather has been cooperating as never before. It was over 80 degrees today, for the first time I was “hot”, amazing for December.
It is time to get the tent up again and let Old Faithful point into a direction…
More on the Blog…
Be well… Ara & Spirit
BeemerChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 04:23 AM   #873
TouringDave
Tri Moto Veritas

Oddometer: 7,004
[quote=BeemerChef]
quote]

What an absolutely fantastic photo.
TouringDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 11:47 AM   #874
KrazyKonrad
Will BBQ for Gas Money

Oddometer: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeemerChef

Ara and Spirit,

In case I get busy and before I forget, Merry Christmas.

Your pictures are always an inspiration. We have the same camera. Two years ago it was state of the art now the photo geeks consider it a has been. Funny thing is I still love the images it produces.

Konrad
Still smoking away in the NorthWet.
KrazyKonrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 04:14 PM   #875
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

The camera is fine Konrad! Don't let anyone fool you... consumerism... that is all! Is my 1996 GS with 196,000 miles fine also? of course it is...
Have a great one...

The Main Ingredients… Tx

I guess it is bound to happen throughout these Holidays with the gazillions packages crisscrossing the country, to receive someone else’s merchandise! Twice… It is also amazing that little parts can hold up the big parts from moving too far… as well as they should anyhow, such as a camera and a bike.
So we wait and taste the local flavors always abundant, there is always something going on in this part of the country as long as one is willing to go the extra mile. And if nothing is happening, someone will make it happen and we will know about it very quickly.
Last night was a “Science Art Show”, or something like that… maybe called “Weird Art”? The highlight was worth the wait, three Fire Dancers with a great show backed by the sound of drums and music.
I have been thinking also a lot about the ready made, right here, free for the taking “ingredients” we use daily…
More on the Blog…

Be well… Ara & Spirit
Old 12-23-2008, 05:25 AM   #876
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

On with Christmas, Tx

Very fitting to witness a Nativity live scene in Alpine, even if the temperatures were below freezing. That is when a car is used… how nice! Four wheels and a roof, they even come with a heater! In the meantime in Terlingua, on a Friend’s property, Roger aka “UNCLE”, riders from all over Texas and further are flocking in for what now seems to be an annual pilgrimage to Big Bend. They have been welcomed by the cold snap but all this will change by tomorrow when we get up into the 70’s for some great riding. We have visitors from England on their way to no destination on their own two wheels. They have brightened up the moments spend together with much laughter and a positive attitude so needed throughout these Holidays. It is as we have been transported into a more jovial space as we will even attend a Christmas evening gathering with the same cast of characters where even Spirit is welcome to attend… so important to be around such dog friendly Friends as he is more than ever part of this Life of mine.
Always more on the Blog… where the chapters only increases by the day!
Be well… Ara & Spirit “HAPPY AND HEALTHY HOLIDAYS”
Old 12-23-2008, 08:15 AM   #877
M1tch
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 328
Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays to you Ara & Spirit.

Over here in the UK its a special time of year. Christmas is a time to spend with family and friends. The New Year is a time to think about the future and all the good times to come. Keep on rolling (when you get rolling again that is), and have a great New Year
Old 12-24-2008, 09:07 AM   #878
TheMotoTraveler
Life is alright now!!

Oddometer: 31
Merry Christmas Ara and Spirit
Old 12-24-2008, 09:09 AM   #879
kv
[none]

Oddometer: 5,048
Yes Ara...Merry Christmas from the two of us and our two mutts.

Save $5.00 on a subscription to Smugmug by entering SmYAucfONBnH2 in the 'Referred by' field on the signup form.
kv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 09:47 AM   #880
Vance
Banned

Oddometer: 18,253
Merry Christmas Ara!

Vance and Jenny
Vance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 07:25 AM   #881
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Thank you... Thank you for all your good wishes...

And it was Christmas Day, Tx

I can only hope that everyone has had a Christmas Eve and Day as fulfilled as ours, surrounded by a great presence with its true meaning unlike a commercial that would only run for 60 seconds. I was dreading these times filled with the memories passed with Lance as they are these past years, missing him does not begin to express my inner feelings. But again, Friends, my adopted Family, they all have come forward and let us in within their grasp without a single moment of despair, only laughter, great food and great times. This was in itself the greatest Gift we could receive as more and more I realize that true Gifts of Life are never purchased but passed on by kind and caring Human Beings as it should be. We rode next door, we rode to Terlingua to meet some riders gathered as they do every year at “Uncle”, we went then north for more food, just an excuse for great company. Even Santa visited us yesterday, imagine that, in the middle of nowhere… Santa’s appaearance! Where else could this happen?
Enjoy the Blog… we sure did its contents!
Be well… Ara & Spirit
Old 12-26-2008, 09:14 AM   #882
cbennett5199
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
Merry Christmas to both of you! Your thoughts cut to the core. Love it.
cbennett5199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 07:40 PM   #883
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbennett5199
Merry Christmas to both of you! Your thoughts cut to the core. Love it.
Thank you... have Happy New Year...

Ara & Spirit
Old 12-26-2008, 10:18 PM   #884
Johnny Drunkard
Raggamuffin

Oddometer: 6,621
Happy Holidays, Ara.

I hope you & Spirit are well.

Johnny Drunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:47 AM   #885
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Drunkard
Happy Holidays, Ara.

I hope you & Spirit are well.

Thanks Johnny... have a great one also.

Big Bend’s Hot Springs, Tx

So we went to the wrong Hot Springs? Not really… the weather early morning did not allow us to leave, turning to an icicle going down the road was only an option when I was young. The Big Bend Hot Springs are also so much worth their visit. The path leading to it is a magical one displaying its geological age counted in the millions. Remains of the old buildings which were once a “Spa” (!!!) are still standing, their grounds covered with mud from the recent water overflow and now dry and weathered as the skin of a thousand year old being. It was short and sweet, dogs of course are not allowed on the trails and I don’t care for leaving Spirit behind by himself too long. He might get bored!!!
Today is a different story, the winds have died, the sun is hot and my buddy is baking in the sun for his beauty rest of course with no help whatsoever throughout my continuous packing of “Old Faithful”. Tomorrow looks very promising…
More photos on the Blog, don’t miss it if in the area.

Be well… Ara & Spirit