fat daddy

Oddometer: 282
Great updates Ara!

Lefteris
Old 08-15-2011, 06:10 PM   #1427
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Oddometer: 3,270
Thank you for your kind words, always an uplift.

Beaver Lake, Co.

A picture perfect space and weather and all. Colorado in the summer at higher altitudes is a gem, almost cold at night! As always “Nature” brings on much thoughts unlike this one time World Traveler who told me not to ask myself any questions about Life as it would bring answers and so, more questions. He shall remain nameless. All in such space is in such parallel of mind and body, present times and past memories, some future thoughts, nights and days as all passes on at it's designated speed one moment at the time. We are back in Ouray for one night and back on the road in the morning toward Crested Butte as being there a couple years ago without a chance to really explore it's own spaces. I remember snow throughout those days which I am sure will be melted this month. Spirit as always is having the time of his Life, abundant smells and the cool weather always suit him best. All is well... going down the chosen and sometimes unplanned roads, thinking some and not thinking some but always lots of photos!
Be safe and well.
Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit
BeemerChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 06:12 PM   #1428
scarysharkface
30-125

Oddometer: 12,838
Wow, that's beautiful!

The road to Hell is paved...
Save $5 on a Smugmug subscription when you use my coupon:
yBr7OofIPuOP6
KLR takes a circular route to Big Bend '13 http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=887449
scarysharkface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 06:02 AM   #1429
Louis
Been off road... on a K12

Oddometer: 170
Always a great read bud!

Last summer's long ride to the Rockies

There's never enough time to do it right... But there's always enough time to do it over !!

This is only a good thing when applied to riding... or sex!
Louis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:48 AM   #1430
firefighter651
Adventurer

Oddometer: 97
Your dog spirit and you look good in the dog magazine.I just returned from a chiropractic appt,and pick up a magazine to read,then drop it on the floor and when I pick it up it was open to the page about you guys, Well Done.
firefighter651 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 02:21 PM   #1431
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarysharkface View Post
Wow, that's beautiful!
Colorado!!! The State of Lakes seems like....

Crested Butte, Lost Lake... more... Co.

The depth of the spaces present have deepened, magic it has been and like floating on those cottonball clouds we witness daily, we are emerging from the bowels of this Journey, time escaping unavailing me to come here and check with my good Friends of this Forum their own ongoing summer. There seem to be always the occasion to post an entry into the Journal as all is written on my phone off line and my photos are moved on also off line with now the help of portable solar power. A couple entries later, here we are again on this pages while physically in and around Lake City, San Cristobal Lake, reminiscing about those past entries when camped at Lost Lake and also visiting more than once Crested Butte, CO. We have been to Colorado before! Why is it only now the repercussions of it's space conductive to my seeking have come forward? Maybe we were not looking deep enough, maybe we were not ready. So many roads, so many dirt roads, lakes, little towns each with their own charm, so much more... and so many photos. Be safe and well.
Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit
Old 08-24-2011, 02:23 PM   #1432
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter651 View Post
Your dog spirit and you look good in the dog magazine.I just returned from a chiropractic appt,and pick up a magazine to read,then drop it on the floor and when I pick it up it was open to the page about you guys, Well Done.
Which one was it" FIDO"?...
Old 08-25-2011, 04:35 PM   #1433
JediMaster
Adam Lewis

Oddometer: 333
Peru

Hi Ara,

I hope this message finds both you and Spirit both well and in good spirit and enjoying the beauty that is Colorado.

Riding through Peru recently made me think of you and now that I've got my ADV thread Trails of South America caught up as far as Peru I thought you might like to take a look. 3193km of outstanding dirt roads alone.

All the Best

Adam

ShortWayRound/Facebook

ShortWayRound Smugmug Gallery

Trails of North America...a photo journal

Trails of South America (PtI)... a photo journal

"The brave may not live forever - but the cautious do not live at all" - unknown philosopher
JediMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:21 PM   #1434
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMaster View Post
Hi Ara,

I hope this message finds both you and Spirit both well and in good spirit and enjoying the beauty that is Colorado.

Riding through Peru recently made me think of you and now that I've got my ADV thread Trails of South America caught up as far as Peru I thought you might like to take a look. 3193km of outstanding dirt roads alone.

All the Best

Adam
Nice to hear from you!!! Great ride... Let us know if ever coming back through here...

Hi Louis!!! Long time... come and visit.

Lake City, Lake San Cristobal, CO.

There is as a medical condition while being on the road, a “malady” I call it. The path of the mind becomes wide open emptying itself from the mundane traffic jams, the imperceptible fills up it's space, the detailed lightly brushed surroundings suddenly become the deepening aspect of what one notices. What I notice anyhow... It is as a different Life takes effect, different values, colors and even smells unlike a path I cannot even remember from the past even if so exposed to it at times while running through towns and cities when such becomes a must.
Amongst all the towns we have gone through, Lake City has taken a forefront seat. So has Lake San Cristobal where we had the good fortune camping high up perched on the cliffs about maybe at the most 15 feet away from the ledge. From the Lake toward Creede and South Fork, all in between, dozens of unpaved roads await each with their own silhouettes of a mountain set as always incredible backgrounds.
It is endless truly, so endless that I think next summer such roads will be seeing us for a few months enticed also by the permanent cool weather present.
The photos for sure have been fun to take...
Be safe and well.
Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit
Old 09-09-2011, 10:20 AM   #1435
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

We are here and there... NM, CO.

Moving on fast lately. From Colorado to a few “HOT” days at “The Oasis”, back in Tucson and at the present time nearing San Luis Obispo for a few days. Will be dropping to San Diego next week for a few needed nights and finally on back to Texas... I think! The imprints are of many, they are now marked on the map for some return visits when the times will be more leisurely as I will announce soon the reason for all this traveling, which I do not call “living on the road”. Such an incredible diversity this Country offers I realize when such occasion makes us go the miles with a pace we are truly not use to. Yet as I have given us plenty of a head start the days do linger and the many miles in big numbers are not needed. Texas was of an oven turned up on convection, it was one of those rare and actually unique time for us to be there. Like a hammer it dropped on our heads but we made it as we will the rest of this route. We will see the Ocean today, the Beaches, always a soothing time and hopefully some cooler weather.
Los Cruces was a nice stop for us with our Friends. Jake took the time to take us to his favorite own personal space, some desolate BLM Land not too far.
Enjoy the Photos... keep checking the new entries, sometimes the connection are rare and my visits to this Forum becomes difficult.

Be safe and well.
Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit
Old 09-09-2011, 12:34 PM   #1436
bergsteigen
One continent at a time.

Oddometer: 178
Probably a good thing you left when you did as there are reports of snow in the higher elevations/mountains of CO. Not much, more like a dusting. But enough for Mother Nature to announce her intent to switch seasons. When in San Lois, be sure to check out the Market on Thursdays (I think). Have a buddy who lives there and we had a great time. Though it does get awfully crowded. The food make up for the crowds. Travel well and ride safe my friend.
bergsteigen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 02:11 PM   #1437
Pantah
Red Sox Nation

Oddometer: 9,956
Gee Ara - I only check in with your thread a couple three times/year, but I must say, your art with that lense is going parabolic (as they say on Wall Street)! Thanks, and keep her goin' but maybe nest for a while and get back to cooking. Could be refreshing for a few months or a year.
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 02:29 PM   #1438
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer: 3,120
you're living our dream, ride on guys! we'll follow you

R1150GSA SE

Loutre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:46 AM   #1439
Dwizzle
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Thumb In San Diego

BeemerChef,

If you need a place to stay I live in Temecula about an hour north of San Diego. Your more than welcome. I really enjoy your stories and photography!
Dwizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:18 AM   #1440
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post
Gee Ara - I only check in with your thread a couple three times/year, but I must say, your art with that lense is going parabolic (as they say on Wall Street)! Thanks, and keep her goin' but maybe nest for a while and get back to cooking. Could be refreshing for a few months or a year.
Thanks! we will... soon. e-store also coming up "one pan cooking recipes"...

Rocks, Wind and Water... CA

We sure have been moving around a lot lately. October will see us back at “The Oasis”, the weather should be by then cool enough to catch up on projects lingering now for years such as the Book, organizing our Smugmug Gallery and officially opening the “one-pan recipe” e-store maybe even mixed in with some cooking and camping gear well tried and proven to excel over these past years. In the meantime it was San Luis Obispo avoiding Los Angeles, Pismo Beach with a few nights sleeping right on the sand and listening and feeling the magic of the Ocean, now in Davis visiting our Friends before we head South to San Diego for the last leg of this logistical approach of a sponsorship which will be unveiled by the end of this month. An aspect which will facilitate our Journey... We stopped at “Joshua Tree National Park” for more magic under deep gray skies, a bit of rain, all good enough to cool us down and freeze some of the silhouettes present with the camera. Peaceful times, moving right along one day at the time.
Enjoy the photos and all...

Be safe and well.
Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit