Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2011, 08:33 PM   #1456
AK Bear
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,614
Just a note to subscribe. Glad to see you still on the road. Used to follow you quite a bit but lost track. I'll be riding in Texas in three weeks and may run in to you, Bear
AK Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:35 PM   #1457
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Oddometer: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Bear View Post
Just a note to subscribe. Glad to see you still on the road. Used to follow you quite a bit but lost track. I'll be riding in Texas in three weeks and may run in to you, Bear
Thank you RAGBrian... long time and yet, we have barely began it seems like!

AK Bear... I remember you! Let me know when you get close...

Be well, Ara and Spirit
BeemerChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:19 PM   #1458
AK Bear
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,614
I'll send you a PM when I get to Coonass's place in Lousianna.
AK Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:43 AM   #1459
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Bear View Post
I'll send you a PM when I get to Coonass's place in Lousianna.
Tell him we said HI!!! Has been a long time...

Soul Shuffling... TX

The not so long ago “broken down situation” has since hit me hard throughout this “on the road” path taken. It was I must say the most embarrassing moment I have had, probably throughout my whole existence which has always been self sufficient. There was no “Plan B”, the thought of “Old Faithful” as such was in my mind an almost impossibility. Not so, obviously and naively I must say. Regardless the reasons why someone such as me at the age of 63 ends up with no financial savings, in this instance covering Lance's medical bills, a Child with no Health Insurance in this “not so kind” health care entity, the path has been irresponsible, unpredictable and unstable. We were saved, literally, by the many so kind readers of ours, Friends. This cannot happen again and will not. Winter times are setting in, we are not moving around as much and “time” these past few weeks has allowed me to open a new section within the Journal sharing my “one-pan recipes” in the form of an e-store and also populating my Photo Galleries. They are both work in progress as more recipes will be added as we go along, as I cook along, and more photos are also uploaded as I go through the 100,000 or more of those pictures taken these past five years. In the meantime here, at “The Oasis”, the weather has been more than perfect. Local rides, cooking for some Friends, The Annual “Alpine Art Walk” is happening this weekend, the “Big Bend State Park” is also calling us for some camping days in a bit of a different environment. I am thinking maybe exploring “Baja” soon. Will see...
Enjoy the recipes... the photos... there will be more.

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit
Old 11-21-2011, 09:02 AM   #1460
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

“Gratitude” and the “Alpine Art Walk”. TX

So much going on at the present time. Inward, outward. All at the right time throughout this “Thanksgiving” week. I stumbled on a great video which I posted on the Journal and as I hope you give it the 6 minutes it takes to watch it, you will realize how could I avoid sharing it with all. I watch it every morning when a connection is available. A reminder to stay grounded “now” and take in a present Life we should all be so thankful about. A far cry from times past in my Life on this path when the steps only took place in this dark tunnel with seemingly no light ever even flickering. All is now so much brighter. It all came about ahead of a fabulous weekend when the “Alpine Art Walk” was taking place which we attended both days. As always great Art displayed, smiling and friendly faces, and a parade of “Art Cars” entertaining more than ever. I also produced a video for that event and another one when the butterfly bicycles where riding around and around! You will just have to watch that one also. One more... a reminder that the “One-Pan Recipe” store is open. Would love to hear feedback, it is and always be work in progress... All this has not left much time for riding. Have to fill that void now as we will be taking off toward “Big Bend State Park” tomorrow morning. A quiet Thanksgiving we will have as soon as I find a patch of dirt to set up our tent for a few days. The weather? Perfection. Cannot ask for more.
Enjoy... we did.

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit
Old 11-22-2011, 12:39 AM   #1461
lefteris
fat daddy

Oddometer: 282
Ara, you are an inspiration!

Keep it up...

Lefteris
Old 11-22-2011, 10:59 AM   #1462
JediMaster
Adam Lewis

Oddometer: 333
Eh? I saw this and thought of you...

Hey Ara! I saw this outfit last week in Coroico, Bolivia. Unfortunately I didn't get to meet the owners (needless to say it's German registered!). Judging by the driveshaft it appears to be based on a R80.

Check out the luggage space...WTF are they carrying!!!??? Enough spares to build a second one!!!???

ShortWayRound/Facebook

ShortWayRound Smugmug Gallery

Trails of North America...a photo journal

Trails of South America (PtI)... a photo journal

"The brave may not live forever - but the cautious do not live at all" - unknown philosopher

JediMaster screwed with this post 11-22-2011 at 11:17 AM Reason: photo duplicated
JediMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:52 PM   #1463
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

[QUOTE=JediMaster;17359676]Hey Ara! I saw this outfit last week in Coroico, Bolivia. Unfortunately I didn't get to meet the owners (needless to say it's German registered!). Judging by the driveshaft it appears to be based on a R80.

Check out the luggage space...WTF are they carrying!!!??? Enough spares to build a second one!!!???

That is quite a rig!!! You know, we are... 1500lbs going down the road ourselves!!! That is with Spirit and I included... Too bad you did not meet them... Stay in touch... you are not too far!!!

“TASCATE 2”... A Star? Yes... TX

Totally enlightening few days Spirit and I roaming “Big Bend Ranch State Park”. Another million acres of desolate land set aside for us it seemed liked with so few others most likely because everyone being so scattered. All unpaved, some decent ones, some bad ones meaning “good” and some we ourselves did not attempt! The campsites are solitary, miles away from each other, it is as the bare spaces are on loan for the duration to be enjoyed, for one such as myself rummage the mind and soul of this Life I have chosen. Clear skies one day with mid thirties throughout the consecutive nights, clouds another day offering the most incredible Sunset witnessed on Thanksgiving Day, and rain for the remainder. Much needed yet allowing us to exit with much ease. It is not designed for an overnight camping! Sauceda, the Welcome Center, is out of the way, it is a space to enjoy for days on end, bags filled with provisions, they do have water. Off Road motorcycles were of a few, 4x4's and a few horses. Probably the most convenient way to get around. It was good, it was better than that!
Enjoy the photos and the cooking!

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit
Old 11-28-2011, 07:54 PM   #1464
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefteris View Post
Ara, you are an inspiration!

Keep it up...

Lefteris
Thank you! Eat well... You are in a Country which has much Food in common with me being Armenian!
Old 11-29-2011, 03:20 AM   #1465
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,317
Sixth year on the road... title updated as per your request... safe travels
Old 11-29-2011, 05:33 AM   #1466
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget Boy View Post
Sixth year on the road... title updated as per your request... safe travels
Thank you, very kind... a few more years I hope...

Ara and Spirit
Old 11-29-2011, 06:26 AM   #1467
artman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 279
Artman in presidio

In presidio for two weeks, let me know if your passing thru. Be staying @ chiso lodge in big bend monday night! Met you last year at your dentist and big bend state park open house.
Be safe artman!
artman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:34 AM   #1468
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Quote:
Originally Posted by artman View Post
In presidio for two weeks, let me know if your passing thru. Be staying @ chiso lodge in big bend monday night! Met you last year at your dentist and big bend state park open house.
Be safe artman!
We were just there a couple days ago... You can also come here, we are about 25 miles north of Stude Butte...
Old 12-05-2011, 07:24 AM   #1469
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

On “Oasis” time, our time… TX

The weather has been some form of a miracle this week, Sunrises and Sunsets as never seen before, I even asked myself the question “what is going on?”. My own way to take it all in has been “doing nothing”. Trying anyhow. Just be within this Paradise absorbing every minute given with no relief yet in sight. It could also be taking it all in because we are in route for Austin next week, celebration for two Dear Friends of ours in conjunction with Lone Star’s BMW Christmas Party (???) on Saturday the 10th. Ardys Kellerman and Voni Glaves having reached their Million Mile marker each on their motorcycle. A Lifetime achievement I would say. It will be a nice ride for us, rain or shine, another stage filled with Friends I am sure. “Old Faithful” did get some care though this week, one set of headlights working again, brake fluid change, new handlebar grip covers and a windshield extension. All with the Hippos (hand covers they are) should keep the wheels rolling in a bit more comfort. Spirit has always his cover when the skies start dropping on us, also shelters him from the cold winds if ever. We are prepared… always. Almost forgot! Much Music on Sunday in front of the Starlight’s Parking lot. Yes, that is how it happens here. Friends get together and make Music.

Enjoy the video…

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit
Old 12-11-2011, 08:09 PM   #1470
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

And another Sunday in and around Terlingua. TX

My chronological aspect of writing and then on visiting here I am finding odd at times while loosing track of it's days. Does it really matter? We were there... we saw... we felt! Sundays are becoming a ritual riding to Terlingua. It actually started with a planned ride to Big Bend National Park and on to Marathon, to Alpine and back to “The Oasis”. Less than half way through some bad weather turned us around, some good Karma took us back to The Porch, even better, a big crowd were finishing the “Crazy Bicycle Race” (why not? Have to devise some self entertainment often enough) and another big crowd with their arms filled with Musical instruments entertained us. Again. New faces, new sounds and much talents later why not at 5pm endure the good and filling $1 Tacos at the Starlight Theater Restaurant. A cool ride back, mind, body and soul satisfied and filled to the brim with goodness... what more can one ask on a December day?
Photos, thoughts, videos... enjoy them all on the Journal.

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit

http://www.youtube.com/user/beemerchef?feature=mhee
The Videos