ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-15-2007, 09:24 AM   #16
Dazzer
Studly Adventurer
 
Dazzer's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Yorkshire
Oddometer: 563
my XTR Being made ready for my trip next spring.

Dazzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 10:29 AM   #17
ramjet
Beastly Adventurer
 
ramjet's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Super F'd Up N. California
Oddometer: 2,084
Hey Dazer-Are those fuel cannisters on the back there? Where can one
get those?
ramjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 10:53 AM   #18
Dazzer
Studly Adventurer
 
Dazzer's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Yorkshire
Oddometer: 563
Hi Ramjet
Yes they are.if your better with a pc than I'm you will find the post on this site.I asked a few week's ago how other's carried extra fuel on their bike's
One chap { sorry forget your name ,but Thanks } put a link on to this web site and I bought these.They arrived on a week and are very well made,and there is no chance of them falling off the back of the bike when off roading.

Dazzer

sorry found link here
http://www.4atvtires.com/atvTires/sh...6537&cat_id=30
Dazzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 11:31 AM   #19
NikiDc
Adventurer
 
NikiDc's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Belgium, motorcycle hell
Oddometer: 65
Hey, got my xtr in March! Got about 12000k on it. Really nice bike. Have done a lot of offroading and highway use with speeds up to 178 and it runs greet. 150 for several houres are no problems. Offroad (soft) does he take verry well. I'm thinking about getting an other seat (++++comfy) or an Airhawk to put on it.

Here are some pics a trip this Summer.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281094&highlight=dolce

Does anyone have made a long (+1000k) trip with it during the winter months (rain, snow....)? Beceause I'm thinking of going to say hi to the Med and back from Belgium on French local roads this christmas holidays?

Niki
NikiDc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 03:34 PM   #20
Jaimoto
Beastly Adventurer
 
Jaimoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Santiago, Chile
Oddometer: 1,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomADV
Well here it is my new pride and joy. 2007 in blue.



Hate to tell you, but that XT seems a 06 model to me.
If doesn't have a O2 sensor it's a 2006.
Jaimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 02:45 AM   #21
TomADV
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Scandinavia
Oddometer: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goti
Hate to tell you, but that XT seems a 06 model to me.
If doesn't have a O2 sensor it's a 2006.
Yes it is! The dealer said 07, as it was registered in 07, but actually as I found out it is a 06. Sneaky ba****ds. Still, I got a decent price (for Denmark anyway), and it had only a few km's on the clock.
But thanks for pointing it out anyway!
TomADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 03:38 AM   #22
Stumpytvr
Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Scotland
Oddometer: 16
Not quite an XT but the same engine

My partner's MT03

__________________
Two Wheels, One Leg, No worries
Stumpytvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 03:57 AM   #23
Neo
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Neo's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2002
Location: Halsteren,Netherlands
Oddometer: 445
With my friends last october to the sahara desert,

this is the XT from Karel








and Peter on the old school Tenere

__________________
_______________________________________


Your memories must be very rich.
Gringo adv rider
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 05:15 AM   #24
Jaimoto
Beastly Adventurer
 
Jaimoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Santiago, Chile
Oddometer: 1,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomADV
Yes it is! The dealer said 07, as it was registered in 07, but actually as I found out it is a 06. Sneaky ba****ds. Still, I got a decent price (for Denmark anyway), and it had only a few km's on the clock.
But thanks for pointing it out anyway!
Always happens! My XT is suppossed to be a 2007 model too, but is actually a 06 model (I knew it before I bought it)
Anyway there are so few changes that I really don't care; the main change is the O2 sensor, which you won't need when you put some nice aftermarket exhauts! (get ready to have everyone in the street looking at you because of the loud POF POF POF -and some flames too- when downshifting)
Jaimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 06:00 AM   #25
TomADV
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Scandinavia
Oddometer: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goti
Always happens! My XT is suppossed to be a 2007 model too, but is actually a 06 model (I knew it before I bought it)
Anyway there are so few changes that I really don't care; the main change is the O2 sensor, which you won't need when you put some nice aftermarket exhauts! (get ready to have everyone in the street looking at you because of the loud POF POF POF -and some flames too- when downshifting)
My thoughts as well. It is really annoying when they do it though, especially as I didnt know before I bought it. Just as well I am not planning on selling it then! Still - love the bike, just not the dealers.
TomADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 06:02 AM   #26
TomADV
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Scandinavia
Oddometer: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumpytvr
Not quite an XT but the same engine

My partner's MT03

I love this bike too. I saw one in the dealer, and thought it looked great. Beautiful machine, with a great engine. Love to see more pics of these on this thread too. Why limit it just to the XT.
TomADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 12:30 PM   #27
Alex_RO
Wanderer
 
Alex_RO's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Romania, Bucharest
Oddometer: 184
Hello Dazzer !

Could you please tell more about the bashplate ? That's the biggest i've seen so far. Who makes those ?

Alex


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzer
my XTR Being made ready for my trip next spring.

Alex_RO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:48 PM   #28
Dazzer
Studly Adventurer
 
Dazzer's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Yorkshire
Oddometer: 563
Hi Alex
It's from Touratech.
Very good value for the price,and unlike having to wait month's for part's for bmw,this part arriverd in a week

Hope this link work's Dazzer.

http://www.touratech.com/shops/008/i...ath=16_106_414
Dazzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:50 PM   #29
Jaimoto
Beastly Adventurer
 
Jaimoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Santiago, Chile
Oddometer: 1,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noto
Hello Dazzer !

Could you please tell more about the bashplate ? That's the biggest i've seen so far. Who makes those ?

Alex
Touratech
http://www.touratech.de
Jaimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:54 PM   #30
Jaimoto
Beastly Adventurer
 
Jaimoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Santiago, Chile
Oddometer: 1,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzer
Hi Alex
It's from Touratech.
Very good value for the price,and unlike having to wait month's for part's for bmw,this part arriverd in a week

Hope this link work's Dazzer.

http://www.touratech.com/shops/008/i...ath=16_106_414
Bah. your post won by just two minutes!

BTW, your XT looks like I would like look mine, congrats!
Are you planning a long offroad trip, Dazzer?
Jaimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014