User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2007, 07:54 PM   #46
Dreher
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Eek

Thats some sick riding, do that down I-285 and you could be on speeds Superbikers
Dreher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 08:06 PM   #47
fatbloke

Oddometer: 803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreher
Thats some sick riding, do that down I-285 and you could be on speeds Superbikers
this might make more sense!!!!!!

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193445

fatbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 08:12 PM   #48
Dreher
Adventurer

Eek

Thats a sweet photo montage(sp). I dragged my first peg a few corners after that blood mountain cabin sign.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:39 AM   #49
Semaj
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
Nice Fairing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreher
This is what it looks like with the fairing
Do you have any more pics or details of the fairing? I have an 82 CB750 taht could sure use such an upgrade? how do you like it? where did you get it? much trouble to get and install....inquiring minds want to know!!
Semaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 11:37 AM   #50
eteller OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 163
touring 2-up with a NH750

This spring I wanna take the wife to the beach (3-4hr. ride) for a long weekend getaway, and need some ideas for luggage. I commute 365 with a nelson rigg tail bag thats pretty large but it takes up most of te pillion seat due to the NH's bungie handles location. What does everyone else use? Just having a baby i don't have the money to spring for a Givi set-up, but thought about some home-made Pelican 1440 side panniers.

You meet the nicest people on a Honda, except in South Central.
eteller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 05:06 PM   #51
Dreher
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semaj
Do you have any more pics or details of the fairing? I have an 82 CB750 taht could sure use such an upgrade? how do you like it? where did you get it? much trouble to get and install....inquiring minds want to know!!
I will post some tommorow. I have really enjoyed it, I have a long commute and when its under forty degrees it really makes the ride more enjoyable. I ordered it from www.Powerbronze.co.uk in the UK and they shipped it in less than two weeks. I was abe to install it in one evening and the only tools I needed were a set of sockets and a wrench. When you buy one they ask what model bike you have and send a kit that will work best for mounting it. The whole assembly weighs only about ten pounds. The only con is that it cost around 700.00 dollars OUCH!!!
Old 01-04-2007, 06:00 PM   #52
Oldrice
oldrice.com

Oddometer: 527
My '85 CB650SC Nighthawk

Here's mine. It's an '85 with about 10k miles and CBR600F2 front rotors. They bolt right on guys. Slicker 'n snot and they make this little zzzzzzzz noise when I hit the brakes. I think of this bike as the caddy of bikes in my stable. Silky smooth, overdrive, gas gage, a really good headlight for a stock bike, and zero maintenance with the shaft drive. New tires and an oil change every now and then and it runs like a clock. I love it. Plus, aside from the miles this bike is practically mint.

You're right - probably the most underrated bike ever.

Oldrice-
www.oldrice.com

AJS Trials, CB250K0, XL250K0
Oldrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 07:41 PM   #53
Beachboy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by eteller
This spring I wanna take the wife to the beach (3-4hr. ride) for a long weekend getaway, and need some ideas for luggage. I commute 365 with a nelson rigg tail bag thats pretty large but it takes up most of te pillion seat due to the NH's bungie handles location. What does everyone else use? Just having a baby i don't have the money to spring for a Givi set-up, but thought about some home-made Pelican 1440 side panniers.
I use the Cortech/Tourmaster Sport saddlebags/tailbag and mini magnetic tak bag. Between the 3 different bags, I have enough flexibility to pack for just myself for 1 - 2 weeks. With a passenger and no tailbag, I can carry enough in the saddlebags and tank bag for a 2 - 3 day weekend
Beachboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 07:07 AM   #54
eteller OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachboy
I use the Cortech/Tourmaster Sport saddlebags/tailbag and mini magnetic tak bag. Between the 3 different bags, I have enough flexibility to pack for just myself for 1 - 2 weeks. With a passenger and no tailbag, I can carry enough in the saddlebags and tank bag for a 2 - 3 day weekend
Side bags fit okay with a passenger onboard? I see twistedthrottle.com carries sw-motec side pannier mounts that would work with a set of Pelican 1430 top open boxes, at $189 for the mount and $120 for the pair of boxes that would be workable. Or, the factory rack with backrest which move the luggage back farther and can be made to be quick release, so I can maintain my cool streetfighter look when not hauling the wifey and gear.

Old 01-06-2007, 09:30 AM   #55
James Adams
Misplaced

Oddometer: 8,561
My '83 CB650SC. Just about perfect.

James Adams screwed with this post 01-25-2007 at 03:27 PM
James Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 10:26 AM   #56
Recht
Binge Thinker

Oddometer: 1,146
Very nice!!! I had the same one. Traded it in towards my first BMW. Still miss my Nighthawk, maybe I'll look for another one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldrice
Here's mine. It's an '85 with about 10k miles and CBR600F2 front rotors. They bolt right on guys. Slicker 'n snot and they make this little zzzzzzzz noise when I hit the brakes. I think of this bike as the caddy of bikes in my stable. Silky smooth, overdrive, gas gage, a really good headlight for a stock bike, and zero maintenance with the shaft drive. New tires and an oil change every now and then and it runs like a clock. I love it. Plus, aside from the miles this bike is practically mint.

You're right - probably the most underrated bike ever.

Oldrice-
www.oldrice.com
Recht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 08:26 AM   #57
streethooligan
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Question new guy

Hey everybody!! I ride an 02 NM750 and was wondering if anyone has ever done any streetfighter mods to one? I would like to lower the seat height and drop some weight of the bike. Can mini-exhausts be installed on a NH. Are shorter shocks and fork springs the way to lower the seat??
streethooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 01:14 PM   #58
eteller OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by streethooligan
Hey everybody!! I ride an 02 NM750 and was wondering if anyone has ever done any streetfighter mods to one? I would like to lower the seat height and drop some weight of the bike. Can mini-exhausts be installed on a NH. Are shorter shocks and fork springs the way to lower the seat??
I've been toying with mine a little, mainly trying to extract a few more ponies. Exhaust wise you're kinda limited to a Vance-Hines 4 into 1 or a Mac 4 into 1, unless you custom build something. If you want a little more sound and power try the 'tim hodge mod' on nighthawk750.com . As far as lowering it the easiest way would be to raise the forks in the triple trees, if that don't get you the desired effect, cut down the factory seat foam.

Old 01-10-2007, 03:41 PM   #59
simbob
Grasshopper

Oddometer: 97
Highway Pegs?

My '03 NH750 has the small, chrome engine guards from the factory. Does anybody have a recommendation for foldable highway pegs to mount on the guards? They would be helpful for an occasional change of position for 48-year old, lacrosse-torn knees on longer, less aggressive rides. Because of the position of the exhausts in relation to the pillion pegs, I can't hang my heels on them, as I could on my Adventure. I want something sturdy, good quality materials and good engineering, which I can fold up and down with a boot toe while riding and which will stay in place when folded.

Thanks.

Bob
simbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 06:45 PM   #60
eteller OP
Gnarly Adventurer

48!!! You're too old to ride a motorcycle!! Quit riding and sell me the case guards!!Seroiusly, check out denniskirk.com or jp cycles, both have huge free catalogs with lots of stuff like that.