Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2008, 09:58 PM   #751
Slayer
Vier Japanische Kolben

Oddometer: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy
I'm pretty sure that my '92, with me on it, is completely wheelie-proof. That said, I'm not willing to rip the clutch out by trying a pop-a-wheelie too hard... so maybe I'm just skeered.
I'm with you. I only asked because mine feels "wheelie-proof" as well. That's really not such a bad thing, me thinks!
Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 07:33 AM   #752
Deadly
Asphalt Adventurer!

Oddometer: 1,522
Storm Luggage

I finished my Storm Luggage project this past weekend:

http://ridingmissouri.webs.com/tripsphotos.htm

My friend Chris says they are to small but I think they are just the right size for the Nighthawk. I can roll my TourMaster jacket up and it fits easy in one of the boxes.
IBA #14873
02' Nighthawk 750
My Website

Deadly screwed with this post 08-20-2008 at 11:14 PM
Deadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 07:16 PM   #753
phlatlander
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
Deadly,
The side cases look good. I think a trip up north for a weekend would be a good shake down ride for them????

Or maybe, a weekend ride for me down to kc to yellow sub for a tempe rubeun??? Mmmmmmmmm, tempe rubeun!!!
phlatlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 07:31 PM   #754
Deadly
Asphalt Adventurer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlatlander
Deadly,
The side cases look good. I think a trip up north for a weekend would be a good shake down ride for them????

Or maybe, a weekend ride for me down to kc to yellow sub for a tempe rubeun??? Mmmmmmmmm, tempe rubeun!!!

Im not a big rubeun fan but a little southwest food might fit the bill. I did 140 miles today and visited the Lewis and Clark State Park here in MO. I dont know what it was about this ride but man I was exhausted and sore from fatigue when I got home. Im guessing this was because of the heat (94 degrees) so September might be a better time for me to check out your area in SD, besides I like to camp and its even to hot to do that... I think Im turning into a wus in my old age.

IBA #14873
02' Nighthawk 750
My Website
Old 08-06-2008, 08:09 AM   #755
AR-TRVLR
Bushpusher

Oddometer: 209
Here's my 'new' nighthawk 750.

It's got 25k miles, and seems to be in pretty good shape. Corbin seat with a bit of honest wear. Newish chain. Supposedly progressive fork springs and rear shocks. 'Tuned' a bit - there's a couple 1.5' holes in the airbox, but runs great, so they either did it right or at least didn't screw it up. It'll need new tires in a bit, but ok for now.

I bought it Tuesday, got it titled yesterday, and took it out for a ride this morning. Runs pretty good - not huge power down low, but good from 4500 to 7500, then dropping off a bit to redline at 8500.

The riding position is a bit cramped, but then most everything would be after the KLR. Mostly my legs - bent a bit more than I'd prefer, and it seems like I have to raise them way up to get my feet on the pegs. I got used to it pretty quickly, though...

I may wind up commuting into Atlanta on it, so it'll be nice to have something that can run with traffic. The wind gets a bit much after 70 or so, so I may pop the aftermarket / cheapie / smallish windscreen back on it to see if that's much of an improvement.

I also need to get a couple of powerlets installed (one up front, one in the side) so I can run my GPS and plug in the battery tender.

AR-TRVLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:03 AM   #756
Deadly
Asphalt Adventurer!

Fender Extender

Hey Guys,

Im looking for a front fender extender for my 2002' Nighthawk. Does any know where I might find one these? or is it something Im going to have to make for myself?

I have been doing web searchs but keep coming up empty handed. I found one made by Pyramid Plastics in the UK but the photo of the fender it fits does not match mine.
IBA #14873
02' Nighthawk 750
My Website
Old 08-06-2008, 10:35 AM   #757
Legendjet428
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
1991 nighthawk 750 airbox mod!!!

I had to take the carbs off reciently to clean them, and it runs great now, but i want to modify it...does anybody know where i can find some k&n pod filters, like seperate filters to go on each carb> Ill do that and the dynojet stage 3 upgrade probably. im installing barnett kevlar clutches this weekend. it would be cool if i could put some velocity stacks on there too hehe..but if i have to pull the carbs out again, i just dont want the air box to be there...does anybody know of any bad things that could come of these mods?? like shortened engine life or just more maintinance, becasue this is a daily driver..thanks
Legendjet428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 12:53 PM   #758
ASLex
No custom title today

Oddometer: 1
Trunk for Nighthawk 750

Does anyone know where I can find a good source for a trunk (and mounting system) for a 1997 Nighthawk without spending a lot? Its hard to ride with just one arm and leg.

Thanks!
ASLex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 01:08 PM   #759
AR-TRVLR
Bushpusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASLex
Does anyone know where I can find a good source for a trunk (and mounting system) for a 1997 Nighthawk without spending a lot? Its hard to ride with just one arm and leg.

Thanks!
I've been looking as well. From what I can find out, there's not a setup that's in current production. You'll either luck into a used set, or fab your own up.

You can still get the OEM backrest / rack, but the rack portion seems pretty small.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:33 PM   #760
Headmanbrewing
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendjet428
I had to take the carbs off reciently to clean them, and it runs great now, but i want to modify it...does anybody know where i can find some k&n pod filters, like seperate filters to go on each carb> Ill do that and the dynojet stage 3 upgrade probably. im installing barnett kevlar clutches this weekend. it would be cool if i could put some velocity stacks on there too hehe..but if i have to pull the carbs out again, i just dont want the air box to be there...does anybody know of any bad things that could come of these mods?? like shortened engine life or just more maintinance, becasue this is a daily driver..thanks
I've seen the pod filter setup on a few CB700s (pics) in the past. I remember hearing that you have to rejet the carbs, or it runs too lean. The pods actually allow too much air through.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:22 PM   #761
Legendjet428
Adventurer

poping noise coming from the rear???????

this is odd...i got anohter prob now. when i turn a corner and then enguage the clutch and apply throttle, i hear a single pop. i took my helment off and rode down a small street to listen and in a straight line i dont hear much. i did 2 circles and then went straight and heard it again....in thinking it has to do with the final drive flange, what the sproket bolts too. the flange just sits in teh wheel and little fingers are seated in teh wheel, i dont think it is actually attached to the wheel...but i believe its some where around there. orrrrr the chain does seem kinda lose so maybe i need to tighten it...and advice??
Old 08-07-2008, 06:27 PM   #762
Slayer
Vier Japanische Kolben

Oddometer: 203
My first thought when I was reading your text was "loose chain" and then you mentioned that it was loose. The first thing I would do would be to tighten it up. While you're there, take a look at the sprocket and see if it looks okay (straight teeth and not excessively worn). See if that doesn't fix your problem.
Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 08:37 PM   #763
Legendjet428
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer
My first thought when I was reading your text was "loose chain" and then you mentioned that it was loose. The first thing I would do would be to tighten it up. While you're there, take a look at the sprocket and see if it looks okay (straight teeth and not excessively worn). See if that doesn't fix your problem.

i think ur right, i noticed when i turn a corner and keep throttle up, so that keeps tension on the chain, it didnt do it. maybe once in my whole ride and i hit a bump. im putting a clutch in it this weekend so i ill tighten it then..thanks!!
Old 08-09-2008, 12:17 PM   #764
AR-TRVLR
Bushpusher

Anyone know the extra electrical power available in a stock '92 NH 750? Enough to power an electric vest and heated grips? Lights?
Old 08-09-2008, 10:53 PM   #765
Legendjet428
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendjet428
i think ur right, i noticed when i turn a corner and keep throttle up, so that keeps tension on the chain, it didnt do it. maybe once in my whole ride and i hit a bump. im putting a clutch in it this weekend so i ill tighten it then..thanks!!

Well i definately found the prob......the resr wheel bearing just kinda jumbled up. the cage holding the balls in was...well it was, thats about all i can say about it...i ordered the bearing so ill replace it next week. i wonder should i replace all of them.....