Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2008, 04:42 PM   #766
Deadly
Asphalt Adventurer!

Oddometer: 1,522
The WeeHawk off the pavement ...........

Trail Riding (this, I will not try again)

Gravel Riding
IBA #14873
02' Nighthawk 750
My Website
Deadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 05:29 PM   #767
alcontrast
at least I'm trying

Oddometer: 1,538
the weehawk

I think that bike needs some black mirrors to round out the black color scheme.
alcontrast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 06:46 PM   #768
Deadly
Asphalt Adventurer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcontrast
I think that bike needs some black mirrors to round out the black color scheme.

Hmmm.. I'll make note of that.

I checked out your website, congrats on the new 650GS I really like that bike (the Kawasaki Versys is nice too).

If the WeeHawk were worth anything I would quite making stuff for it then sell it to get one myself.
IBA #14873
02' Nighthawk 750
My Website
Old 08-11-2008, 01:12 AM   #769
Chadzilla
Lvl 80 Epic Dwarf Hunter

Oddometer: 28
Nighthawk Noob

Thought I would pipe in and say that I am new here.... new to nighthawks, and new to streetbikes in general. I rode dirtbikes many years ago, and have recently found new love in a 2002 Nighthawk 750.

My dilemma is that I need a trunk and saddlebags for it and am having great difficulty in finding anything that can just fit the bike.

I drive the bike to work, but also use it for errands and whatnot, so some storage would be very nice. Also, at 65+ mph, the headlight does not shine out far enough for me to see to be able to dodge debris in the road. I was thinking of adding some driving lights.

Thanks for any help in advance!
Chadzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 02:05 AM   #770
nicolis
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Givi WingRack fitting kit

Hi guys,

I just bought a 2003 Nighthawk, with 900 (!) miles on it. It's terrific.

I am desperately looking for the Givi wingrack fitting kit. I think the part number is Y146. Apparently Givi does not make it anymore.

Do you guys know how to find it, new or used?
Alternatively, I might try the ``universal'' fitting kit, which supposedly fits any bike. Does anyone have any experience with that---does it fit the nighthawk 750?

Thanks for your help,
Cheers.
Attached Images

nicolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 07:56 AM   #771
ExTex
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 209
AGM Battery for 1983 Nighthawk 650

Does anyone know of an AGM battery for my 1983 Nighthawk 650 (CB650sc). It takes a 12AL-A type battery.
I found one from Scorpion, but do not know anything about that company nor the web seller.
http://www.batterystuff.com/power-sp...y/sYT12CL.html

Thanks for any help.

Ride safely
ExTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 09:45 AM   #772
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 48,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExTex
Does anyone know of an AGM battery for my 1983 Nighthawk 650 (CB650sc). It takes a 12AL-A type battery.
I found one from Scorpion, but do not know anything about that company nor the web seller.
http://www.batterystuff.com/power-sp...y/sYT12CL.html

Thanks for any help.

Ride safely
An Odyssey PC 535 will fit. I have one in my brother's bike from my BMW R1200GS. It works great for him, though it was getting a bit tired in my bike.

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 07:14 AM   #773
Slayer
Vier Japanische Kolben

Oddometer: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly
Hmmm.. I'll make note of that.
Hey Deadly,
I put a set of black mirrors on mine. Got them from Dennis Kirk. Here's a linky:
http://denniskirk.com/jsp/product_ca...n&skuId=391502
Not bad for $15.00 and they stick out a little wider than stock so you get to see more than your elbows. Just a suggestion.
Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 07:25 AM   #774
Slayer
Vier Japanische Kolben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadzilla

My dilemma is that I need a trunk and saddlebags for it and am having great difficulty in finding anything that can just fit the bike.

Also, at 65+ mph, the headlight does not shine out far enough for me to see to be able to dodge debris in the road. I was thinking of adding some driving lights.
Would these help you any? http://www.overstock.com/Sports-Toys...4/product.html?

Great price and the reviews look good.

As for the headlight.... are you sure you are only going 65 mph? The speed of light is 186,000 miles per second per second. Perhaps you are closer to that if you are out running your light.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:27 AM   #775
alcontrast
at least I'm trying

Oddometer: 1,538
I miss my nighthawk and if I see one locally for the right price I would totally buy one again. I like the f650 a good deal but the nighthawk is a great comfortable bike for the money and the simplicity of maintenance is great. Just changing the oil on the f650 requires un-bolting body panels, unbolting the oil tank draining two tanks (oil tank and sump), an internal oil filter and it's cover, and rigging a drainage troth for removing the oil filter without oil draining down the side of your engine. good times.
alcontrast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:59 AM   #776
beardking
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 125
Unfortunately, I too will be missing my Nighthawk soon. Really have been since the last week of July when I laid it down. But, since then the insurance declared it a total loss and they are supposed to be coming to get it tomorrow afternoon. Luckily I won't be there to see it go (sounds cheesy, but kind of true).

The good thing is that if everything goes right, I will be upgrading (or at least I hope it's an upgrade) to a Honda 919 (CB900f, so I'm staying close to the family) by the end of next week.
beardking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 01:14 PM   #777
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer: 7,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by AR-TRVLR
Anyone know the extra electrical power available in a stock '92 NH 750? Enough to power an electric vest and heated grips? Lights?

It's a 20A alternator, so that means 240 Watts. The headlight is 55w, running lights another 15 or so (W.A.G. here) so that leaves you 170w leftover. I run a Darien heated vest no problem... but if I kick on my additional 110w of aux lights, I have to turn off the vest. Be seen or be warm, in my case. A stock setup will run vest and grips just fine I think... just count up the watts.
Smithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 02:25 PM   #778
Deadly
Asphalt Adventurer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer
Hey Deadly,
I put a set of black mirrors on mine. Got them from Dennis Kirk. Here's a linky:
http://denniskirk.com/jsp/product_ca...n&skuId=391502
Not bad for $15.00 and they stick out a little wider than stock so you get to see more than your elbows. Just a suggestion.

Those look pretty nice, Im going to think about it for a day or so. Can you post some photos of your bike from the front view?
IBA #14873
02' Nighthawk 750
My Website
Old 08-12-2008, 02:27 PM   #779
Deadly
Asphalt Adventurer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beardking
Unfortunately, I too will be missing my Nighthawk soon. Really have been since the last week of July when I laid it down. But, since then the insurance declared it a total loss and they are supposed to be coming to get it tomorrow afternoon. Luckily I won't be there to see it go (sounds cheesy, but kind of true).

The good thing is that if everything goes right, I will be upgrading (or at least I hope it's an upgrade) to a Honda 919 (CB900f, so I'm staying close to the family) by the end of next week.

I get in the mood to sell mine every once in a while and Im in one of those moods now but, ..... you guys are making feel kind of bad about the idea.
IBA #14873
02' Nighthawk 750
My Website
Old 08-12-2008, 03:02 PM   #780
Slayer
Vier Japanische Kolben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly
Those look pretty nice, Im going to think about it for a day or so. Can you post some photos of your bike from the front view?
Here you go...
Attached Images