Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2008, 08:30 PM   #796
Slayer
Vier Japanische Kolben

Oddometer: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly
And how are the Honda Nighthawks doing, you ask? Not a single part of original equipment manufacture has failed on either machine."
And yet... some people are contemplating selling theirs.
Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 08:53 PM   #797
agreif
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Guys, giving the bike a fresh paint job this fall. Any of you ever paint the plactic pieces near the front of the tank and the lisence plate bracket? Just wondering how it help up to cracking.

PO laid it down and the elbow under the left handlebar put a little dent in the tank. Gives me an opportunity to freshen everything up though, including putting '93 "Nighthawk" stickers on in place of my '92 ones.

Deadly, was your lower engine cover on the right side painted or did you do that yourself?
agreif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 06:04 AM   #798
Deadly
Asphalt Adventurer!

Oddometer: 1,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by agreif
Deadly, was your lower engine cover on the right side painted or did you do that yourself?

Im not sure which part you mean, but it more than likely came that way. The only thing I have painted on the bike are parts I made myself.
IBA #14873
02' Nighthawk 750
My Website

Deadly screwed with this post 08-16-2008 at 06:10 AM
Deadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 10:53 AM   #799
Chadzilla
Lvl 80 Epic Dwarf Hunter

Oddometer: 28

Where did the headlight cover come from? I really like that and want it for my Nighthawk.
Chadzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 11:14 AM   #800
Slayer
Vier Japanische Kolben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadzilla
Where did the headlight cover come from? I really like that and want it for my Nighthawk.
Chad,
Can I give you a piece of advice from one n00b to another? I would suggest going back over all the pages previous to this one and reading most of it. I did this when I first joined like you way back in July. It is very helpful and you'll absolutely learn alot. For instance, Deadly explained how he made that headlight cover. Just a suggestion. It will keep you from asking questions that were already explained pages ago. I mean this in a nice way so please don't take offense.

Slayer screwed with this post 08-16-2008 at 11:24 AM
Old 08-16-2008, 01:01 PM   #801
Chadzilla
Lvl 80 Epic Dwarf Hunter

Thanks for the info, I will go thru the thread and see what I can find. No offense taken. :)
Old 08-16-2008, 06:51 PM   #802
Deadly
Asphalt Adventurer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadzilla

I made it myself from 22gauge sheet metal and a roll of fence wire. It was actualy one of the easiest things I have made. Once I get my basement cleaned up a bit I might do a picture tutorial if you all are interested.
IBA #14873
02' Nighthawk 750
My Website
Old 08-17-2008, 06:26 AM   #803
Chadzilla
Lvl 80 Epic Dwarf Hunter

Yes, I would be very interested in it. However, living in an apartment, I do not have any facilitys to craft such. Still, it would be handy to have the tutorial so that I could make one at a later date. I love my nighthawk and dont plan on letting it go anytime soon.

I thank you in advance!
Old 08-17-2008, 07:57 PM   #804
tshepp
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Your Nighthawk Photos!

I like how everyone is enjoying this topic on NH's, and the photos! I have posted a few on BikePics.com. If you have photos, register and post your pics!
tshepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 08:27 PM   #805
Mydlyfkryzis
Gadget Freak

Oddometer: 12
Quote:
I finished my Storm Luggage project this past weekend:

http://ridingmissouri.webs.com/tripspreparation.htm

My friend Chris says they are to small but I think they are just the right size for the Nighthawk. I can roll my TourMaster jacket up and it fits easy in one of the boxes.
This is exactly what I want to do to my NH. Can you post a few more details on the mounting? I just built some mounts with the intent of putting some universal cheap crap hard saddle bags on, but this looks so much better.

The mounting is what is preventing me from ordering today, and your mount up looks good.

Here's a picture pf my bike:

Mydlyfkryzis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 08:49 PM   #806
Deadly
Asphalt Adventurer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydlyfkryzis
This is exactly what I want to do to my NH. Can you post a few more details on the mounting?

I'll be making another set of mounts soon and will try and post a step by step report... but here are a few photos untill then.

IBA #14873
02' Nighthawk 750
My Website
Old 08-17-2008, 08:55 PM   #807
Mydlyfkryzis
Gadget Freak

Oddometer: 12
Quote:
I'll be making another set of mounts soon and will try and post a step by step report... but here are a few photos untill then.
Nice.

I ran a piece of aluminum flat stock from the shock mount to the pass. peg mount.

I then ran a slightly wider piece from the lower portion of the first piece to the rear, and suspended it from a bracket I made, bolted to the flat area right near the turn signal.

I'll post pictures later.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:33 AM   #808
Lee Keller King
Adventurer Wannabe

Oddometer: 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Keller King
Here is a photo of Bike 1 (the 650).
More photos of the bike. Here, I take delivery from the previous owner, Jim. (I'm the old fart in the black tee shirt; that's Jim's beautiful wife in the background):

The Nighthawk in its new home:

More to come!

...or something like that.

---------------------------------------------
1982 Honda Nighthawk CB650SC ("Bikey")
2001 Yamaha VStar 650 ("Vera")
1970 Kawasaki H1 (500cc 2-stroke triple) (long gone but not forgotten)
Lee Keller King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 12:32 AM   #809
Legendjet428
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
neeed parts...1991 honda nighthawk 750

hey everybody!! well i had a wreck on my nighthawk about 2 hours ago. people turned infornt of me. i hit their fender and i rememebr being on the ground. i got up and walked away....thats right..God was ridin with me tonight. then they ran. i was laying in the street and they ran.....i got up and stumbled to a car in the turning lane and ask for help and he said, "im wiht them" and drove off.......so my shoulder is screwed up. ill live. but as far as damage goes u all can guess. bent forks, screwed up wheels. scratches here and there on the bike......but all im really worried about are the forks and wheel. maybe the triple tree but i dont think it is harmed. i found one set of forks on ebay...says they are pitted with rust and i dont think i want those. i found a wheel too. i was wondering could i mix and match years, like wheels and forks??? im just keeping my options open. like if the tripple tree is fine, will different forks fit the tree? and can i put wheels off of older bikes on different forks and such? any help is needed. im really suprised i didnt get hurt any more than i did....please everybody ride safe....or if and body has parts laying around those would be help full too.

1991 Honda CB750...R.I.P
1978 Yamaha XS1100...Lots of trouble
1992 Honda CB750
Legendjet428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 05:37 AM   #810
Slayer
Vier Japanische Kolben

Legend, Sorry to hear about your accident but glad to hear you are doing okay. To the best of my knowledge, all parts from a 1991 NH will fit a 2003 NH. Honda did little to change it over the years. They blacked the engine in about 95 or 96, changed the font on the side panels and changed colors. That's about it. You should ask your local Honda dealer though just to be sure. I owned a '91 and now own an '03 and they are identical other than the aforementioned changes. Of course there is a possibility there was a change in a bolt here or there that I never needed to change so I am not aware of it. Good luck!