Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2007, 05:27 PM   #46
Motopumps OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fin
Hey Rob

I looked over the unit you sold to Kahoon, he's a friend that lives a block away, it's pretty nice. I'd like to order one with a Powerlet Plug also and with a black bag. Being that I'm in Canada too how do you want me to proceed. I can paypal you the total including the shipping after ordering if you want.

Just let me know the final cost.

Thanks

Fin

P.S. Don't be surprised if Kahoon hasn't sold a couple more people on your pump. He pulled it out during a ride and we all wanted one.

Cheers
Hey Fin! Thanks to you and Kahoon!

Yeah, direct Paypal is cool. Address is rwb7@cornell.edu

Kit with Powerlet conector is $39.99, shipping to Canada is $9.50 No extra charge for the black case ;-)

Total $49.49 USD

Thanks!

Rob
Motopumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 06:46 PM   #47
Fin
Kahoon's my daddy!

Oddometer: 2,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motopumps
Hey Fin! Thanks to you and Kahoon!

Yeah, direct Paypal is cool. Address is rwb7@cornell.edu

Kit with Powerlet conector is $39.99, shipping to Canada is $9.50 No extra charge for the black case ;-)

Total $49.49 USD

Thanks!

Rob
Paypal has been sent. Thanks Rob

Cheers

Fin

IBA#12239
BMW MOA #124707
Save $5 when you open your own smugmug account. Use code: ByFAeFySLnQKM
Fin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 10:53 AM   #48
alfa1023
Fast, Fluid and Flexible

Oddometer: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motopumps
Hey Jim- Some folks have had problems with with the CANBUS not allowing much draw, as you mention. I understand there is a firmware update that may help. If not, direct wiring is the solution. I will put some alligator clips in as well in case you need to go directly to the battery terminals in the mean time.

Ride Safe!
Rob
Rob,

Got the pump in the mail today - thanks for the super fast shipping. Pump works great and FYI - it doesn't draw enough such that the CANBUS shuts down the accessory socket.

One question - do you know what the maximum inflation (PSI) the pump will go to? My truck tires go up to 80PSI (only inflate this high when heavily loaded) and I was wondering if this pump, given enough time, could get the tires up there?

Thanks again,
Jim
alfa1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 11:00 AM   #49
Motopumps OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfa1023
Rob,

Got the pump in the mail today - thanks for the super fast shipping. Pump works great and FYI - it doesn't draw enough such that the CANBUS shuts down the accessory socket.

One question - do you know what the maximum inflation (PSI) the pump will go to? My truck tires go up to 80PSI (only inflate this high when heavily loaded) and I was wondering if this pump, given enough time, could get the tires up there?

Thanks again,
Jim
Hey Jim-

Glad you are pleased. The pump is supposed to go up to 300 psi, but I figure that is pretty extreme. It will do 200 from my tests on a small metal tank. 80 PSI on your truck is no problem, but it does take a while on really big tires.

RIde Safe!

Rob
Old 04-19-2007, 10:03 AM   #50
b_uffalo
Bruichladdich

Oddometer: 110
Thanks

Rob recieved the pump yesterday, really fast shipping usually things get jammed up in canadian customs not MotoPump.

I screwed up and ordered the basic pump and I could have used the tire plugger I'll just pick something up here.

Thanks Rob!
b_uffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 10:18 AM   #51
Motopumps OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_uffalo
Rob recieved the pump yesterday, really fast shipping usually things get jammed up in canadian customs not MotoPump.

I screwed up and ordered the basic pump and I could have used the tire plugger I'll just pick something up here.

Thanks Rob!

I use the Victor Brand, also sold under Monkey Grip name, for the plugging tool and plugs. Have found the self vulcanizing plugs to work very well on motorcycle tires.

If you can't find what you like, let me know and I will send some parts your way.

Rob
http://motopumps.com
Old 04-19-2007, 07:45 PM   #52
Zerodog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,233
I just ordered mine. I was so impressed when I used KenR's pump down in Baja that I had to get my own. It will be great for airing up tires for a road burn. I am making a little adapter for it too so I can inflate my big agnes air core air mattress with it. That way I won't feel like I am going to pass out from blowing it up when I set up camp.
Zerodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 03:12 PM   #53
rockies-GS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 383
BM plug - Canbus

Hey Rob did you get feed back? Can one use it on the BMW plug or not? What is the drawing power? It might just be better to connect it straight to the battery anyway!

Difference between the Slime one?

thanks

Laurent
rockies-GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 05:37 PM   #54
Motopumps OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastkootenaysrider
Hey Rob did you get feed back? Can one use it on the BMW plug or not? What is the drawing power? It might just be better to connect it straight to the battery anyway!

Difference between the Slime one?

thanks

Laurent
Hey Laurent-

The feedback has been a bit mixed. Most folks have no problem with the CANBUS powering the MotoPump, but a few have. I believe there is a software update from BMW that has helped most but not all R1200GS owners.

The safe bet is going directly to the battery or installing a powerlet that goes direclty to the battery, otherwise alligator clips are the thing to get.

The Slime Power Sport Inflator has essentially the same guts as the MotoPump, includes lots of connectors (no powerlet) and no tire plugging tools, but it is small and has a nice semi-rigid case. It is not as small or light as the MotoPump, but close.

The MotoPump and soft cordura like case are more flexible and allows easier packing, especially in tight spaces like under the seat... The MotoPump Tubeless kit includes plugging tools, sticky strings, multi-tool, schrader valve tool, penlight, etc.

Let me know if you have more questions!

Ride Safe!

Rob
Old 05-02-2007, 07:27 PM   #55
kvdog
It's All About Curves

Oddometer: 92
I got mine yesterday and am very pleased. I didn't see any instructions or maintenance info. Does it need lubing once in a while?
kvdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 03:01 AM   #56
Motopumps OP
Beastly Adventurer

MotoPump Lube and Maintenance

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvdog
I got mine yesterday and am very pleased. I didn't see any instructions or maintenance info. Does it need lubing once in a while?
Hey KVDog-

Unless you get dirt in it, it should be just fine the way it is for quite a while. If you do get dirt in it, spray a bit of brake cleaner on it to flush the dirt out and let it dry. Then spray a bit of white lithium grease on the con-rod big and small end. wipe off the excess or it will fly off. Run the pump and let it suck a couple of drops of motor oil into the top end where it takes air in. That should be it for years of trouble free operation.

Ride Safe!

Rob
Old 05-03-2007, 04:46 PM   #57
Fin
Kahoon's my daddy!

Oddometer: 2,324
Hey Rob

Got mine today, what an awesome package you have put together. Thanks.

Fin

IBA#12239
BMW MOA #124707
Save $5 when you open your own smugmug account. Use code: ByFAeFySLnQKM

Fin screwed with this post 05-03-2007 at 07:25 PM
Fin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 07:05 PM   #58
kindofblue
Ride it like you stole it

Oddometer: 822
amperage?

Hi Rob,
How many amps does the pump pull? I've got a cigarette lighter that'll handle 10 amps. I also have a leatherman tool, tire plugs & tools, and pressure gauge. Which kit would you recommend? Thanks.
kindofblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 07:48 PM   #59
Motopumps OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindofblue
Hi Rob,
How many amps does the pump pull? I've got a cigarette lighter that'll handle 10 amps. I also have a leatherman tool, tire plugs & tools, and pressure gauge. Which kit would you recommend? Thanks.
Hey!

The MotoPump and the Slime Power Sport Inflator both draw about 8 amps, so your 10 amp outlet should be fine.

The Basic MotoPump kit is a bit smaller and lighter than the PSI, but the PSI includes multiple connectors, SAE, alligator clips and cigarette lighter plug in a semi rigid case. The MotoPump is usually made up with one dedicated connector of your choosing, cigarette, Powerlet, SAE or clips. The case for the MotoPump is flexible for easier packing in tight spaces...

Performance of both pumps is about equal.

Hope that helps!
Rob
Old 05-04-2007, 07:08 AM   #60
kindofblue
Ride it like you stole it

Oddometer: 822
Hi Rob,
Yes, thanks. I've ordered a set with the sae plug.
kindofblue is offline   Reply With Quote