ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2010, 01:54 PM   #15871
sandmar
llama llama..rabbit

Oddometer: 3,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtysouth
Sweet! I'll come work with you Frank but only as a partner. I'll give you a call to hash out the details but to give you a heads up on what my requirements will be, I jotted down the first few things that came to mind.

1) I want a lot of paid time off.

2) I want a lot of money, vehicle allowance, and a membership to the Country Club. I don't Golf, but I figured I could sell the membership off in the flea market.

3) I'm going to need a pretty substantial sign on bonus. I would also like to have in writing, the terms of my severance package, which I will draft up and get to your secretary.

4) I don't have any experience in the Insurance Business so I will need light duty for atleast 6 weeks, let's say 2 days a week of actual work and the rest of the time I will just ride around with you and learn who's who.

While I understand you may have concerns about me not having any working experience in the field, I assure you that I can bullshit with the best of them.

Shall I get my own name plate made up or can you handle that?

Regards,

Tommy

PS: To whom do I submit my vacation request form to? I think I want to go down to Daytona this October for Bike Week. If you go, we could write it off as a company expense.

sandmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 01:58 PM   #15872
DirtDabber
cultural illiterate

Oddometer: 7,643
Dirtysouth hasn't sold anything in his life.

I wonder where that road goes?
DirtDabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 02:07 PM   #15873
kdscoates
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtysouth
Sweet! I'll come work with you Frank but only as a partner. I'll give you a call to hash out the details but to give you a heads up on what my requirements will be, I jotted down the first few things that came to mind.

1) I want a lot of paid time off.

2) I want a lot of money, vehicle allowance, and a membership to the Country Club. I don't Golf, but I figured I could sell the membership off in the flea market.

3) I'm going to need a pretty substantial sign on bonus. I would also like to have in writing, the terms of my severance package, which I will draft up and get to your secretary.

4) I don't have any experience in the Insurance Business so I will need light duty for atleast 6 weeks, let's say 2 days a week of actual work and the rest of the time I will just ride around with you and learn who's who.

While I understand you may have concerns about me not having any working experience in the field, I assure you that I can bullshit with the best of them.

Shall I get my own name plate made up or can you handle that?

Regards,

Tommy

PS: To whom do I submit my vacation request form to? I think I want to go down to Daytona this October for Bike Week. If you go, we could write it off as a company expense.

I am in under tommy's contract but I am gonna need the whole month of october off!
I will be in touch!!
regards
steve

quote from 4runner "but,if you really need a 80/20 , which most of us do and won't admit it,"
kdscoates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 02:24 PM   #15874
GaM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,877
Tommy, you probably need to go ahead and have that golden parachute placed in a trust, I'm sure Frank would go along with that. I would be happy to draft the trust and would of course act as trustee. It would probably be wise to invest the corpus in assets which are sure to appreciate, such as uh..motorcycles. Maybe a Moto Guzzi Norge and one of those Can Am Spyders. Well, a Spyder is not really a motorcyle but I think it would be fun...I mean I think it would be a wise investment.
GaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 03:28 PM   #15875
Brown Dog
North Georgia Dual Sportr

Oddometer: 1,917
Awesome ride today

Thanks Drew,
I had a blast today riding 60 miles of your super nice stuff

After we ate,
I decided to run up to Bucktown & hit the freshly graded road [2nd & 3rd gear ripping] up to the plane
crash site, then down into Amicalola Falls SP.

I got drown'ded [rain] 6 times before I gots back to Calhoun.

230 miles clocked roundtrip today for me . . . . . . NO, I dont got pics.
Brown Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 06:53 PM   #15876
mb90535im
'05 R1200 GS

Oddometer: 4,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaM
Tommy, you probably need to go ahead and have that golden parachute placed in a trust, I'm sure Frank would go along with that. I would be happy to draft the trust and would of course act as trustee. It would probably be wise to invest the corpus in assets which are sure to appreciate, such as uh..motorcycles. Maybe a Moto Guzzi Norge and one of those Can Am Spyders. Well, a Spyder is not really a motorcyle but I think it would be fun...I mean I think it would be a wise investment.
Cue the lawyer jokes in 3, 2, 1...
mb90535im is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 08:06 PM   #15877
Brown Dog
North Georgia Dual Sportr

Oddometer: 1,917
Old Bucktown up to the plane crash site

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Atlanta
I'd rather they do the maintenance then close it down all together. County and fire service roads must have a certain amount of maintenance and grant money spent on them or they get closed for good...
Your correct Bobby.

There wasnt any gravel on it yet, DRZ Lady

It was actually FUN blasting in 2nd & 3rd today.
Brown Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 08:26 PM   #15878
AmericanWalkabout
Lost in the Wilderness

Oddometer: 195
Yes, excellent riding BD. I'm up for it again soon - and I'll be happy to meet you in Calhoun so you can show me your secret trails this time.

I figure if we all ride Bucktown once a week sliding our way through it'll be back to ruts and rocks in no time

Anybody else remember when they graded Flatland about 5yrs ago (or maybe it was 8)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Dog
Thanks Drew,
I had a blast today riding 60 miles of your super nice stuff

After we ate,
I decided to run up to Bucktown & hit the freshly graded road [2nd & 3rd gear ripping] up to the plane
crash site, then down into Amicalola Falls SP.

I got drown'ded [rain] 6 times before I gots back to Calhoun.

230 miles clocked roundtrip today for me . . . . . . NO, I dont got pics.
Old 08-14-2010, 02:51 AM   #15879
klaviator
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanWalkabout
Yes, excellent riding BD. I'm up for it again soon - and I'll be happy to meet you in Calhoun so you can show me your secret trails this time.

I figure if we all ride Bucktown once a week sliding our way through it'll be back to ruts and rocks in no time

Anybody else remember when they graded Flatland about 5yrs ago (or maybe it was 8)?
I remember Flatland being graded. It didn't take long for the grading to get washed out. I wouldn't be surprised if they let Old Bucktown go without maintenence for the next 10 years or so.

klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 05:35 AM   #15880
A.Breton
Criminal

Oddometer: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Vader
i got the bar risers on the 250, ready to test. hint hint, nudge nudge, know what i mean.
Louis would you be interested in checking out the new offroad park in Clairmont next weekend? http://www.motomountainpark.com/index.html
This weekend looks like a wash, with some heavy rain storms moving through. I still plan on riding but I'm just going to stay close to the house.
A.Breton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 02:50 PM   #15881
Dirt Vader

Oddometer: 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Breton
Louis would you be interested in checking out the new offroad park in Clairmont next weekend? http://www.motomountainpark.com/index.html
This weekend looks like a wash, with some heavy rain storms moving through. I still plan on riding but I'm just going to stay close to the house.
sure thing. just don't invite Dave. he tends to bring murphy where ever he goes.
FOR SALE
04 Tuono 07 TE510 tagged
Dirt Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 05:03 PM   #15882
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,806
Still planning on being at HP at 10am tomorrow on the Strom. If things are too muddy there, we'll just go explore in Eastern AL around the area and have a big bike DS ride - http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...php?p=13745664
Smugmug Pics - Save $5: Y2l43o9LVBERU
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 01:59 PM   #15883
DeBandi
Exploring Alabama

Oddometer: 3,098
Some Day Trippin' on the Gas Gas

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=610334

DeBandi

Visit ExploringAlabama.net

State Oval Decals Available
DeBandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 04:47 PM   #15884
SuchesRider
Just Do It!

Oddometer: 1,668
Old Bucktown Road

Hey D.O.G.s ! After reading in the thread about Old Bucktown Road being graded, I had to go take a look for myself. Peggy and I headed out of Suches by way of the Ranger Station and decided to ride Nimblewill up to the plane crash plaque. It was amazing to ride down the Old Bucktown side on the 990. Although it is graded, there is still no gravel on the road and there were some real muddy sections. But my new Dunlop 908RR on the rear certainly helped me through the mud. I am certain if I had the stock Pirelli Scorpions on, I would've never made it without falling at least once! Peggy's trusty TransAlp served her well and without incident. It was a great ride!
We made it to TWO just in time for a fabulous lunch and enjoyed Sunday afternoon chats on the front porch with old and new friends! SR
Old 08-15-2010, 06:38 PM   #15885
country_boy1986
Dirt_Digger_86

Oddometer: 258
i as well had to check out buctown and thought it was an awesome ride. the muddy sections were a blast. we went up bucktown and went down by the ranger station to riders hill and over to T.W.O. and back around F.S. rd 42 to home in ellijay. it was me and my dad we were on two red klr 650s im sure i seen some of you dogs out the because i saw some dualsportes while riding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchesRider
Hey D.O.G.s ! After reading in the thread about Old Bucktown Road being graded, I had to go take a look for myself. Peggy and I headed out of Suches by way of the Ranger Station and decided to ride Nimblewill up to the plane crash plaque. It was amazing to ride down the Old Bucktown side on the 990. Although it is graded, there is still no gravel on the road and there were some real muddy sections. But my new Dunlop 908RR on the rear certainly helped me through the mud. I am certain if I had the stock Pirelli Scorpions on, I would've never made it without falling at least once! Peggy's trusty TransAlp served her well and without incident. It was a great ride!
We made it to TWO just in time for a fabulous lunch and enjoyed Sunday afternoon chats on the front porch with old and new friends! SR
country_boy1986 is offline   Reply With Quote