ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2007, 03:22 PM   #1591
lucky_strike
whose flux?

Oddometer: 2,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by flux_capacitor
So Darnell, which one was you dude? I reckon that climb is easier if ya growed up riding it yer whole life. I think we all freaked a little when dude on the quad rolled it back on top of himself. I thought he broke his neck! Then the guy with the kid on his lap. That killed me! I love moments like that.

It was indeed a good ride. I will post some pics up when I get home. Got the laptop right now.

FBA4? I don't think so. Hauling 20 bikes up that fucking hill would kill us.

Y'all be sure to make it up here for Rebel Yell 5 though...coming up in September. Check it out under Upcoming.
your on crack.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=809561
lucky_strike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 03:37 PM   #1592
Willy-B
onebudwiser

Oddometer: 7,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by darnell
that must be one nasty hillclimb. i remember once resting at the top of a particular hill watching my buddies suffer below when up the hill came a quad with handlebars broken completely in half. following him, a man on a motorcycle with a young passenger casually rolled up the hill with little apparent effort. several other bikes followed with little trouble and near the end a boy of no more than ten years ascended the climb on a small blue bike using not much more than half throttle. sure did make me feel bad. i didn't know what truly rough terrain was.

My theory, you only get one chance, go full fucking throttle, all the way, all the time.-Trip
Willy-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 03:57 PM   #1593
lucky_strike
whose flux?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB
Flux, willyb, lucky,ksdcoates, venturer, I had a blast showing you guys some of my favorite stuff. We will have to do it again soon, if I can keep the Big silver pig running. I don't think I can top this one unless we head to N.C. I know willyb will be ready. How about the rest of ya?Oh and those are some mighty fine pics WillyB.
im in.

Old 08-06-2007, 04:58 PM   #1594
Willy-B
onebudwiser

Oddometer: 7,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky_strike
I agree, best ride ever.

willy hows the bike?
'Bout ready for the scrap yard.

It's an old movie that you may have never seen before. Smokey and the Bandit, the first one. If you have seen it, do you remember what Buford T. Justice's old Pontiac looked like....at the end of the movie? That's about "how" my bike is.

This was the only photo I could get right quick.

29K later I reckon I'll go ahead and get some after market bark busters, I've needed all along, to fix all of this.

Cycle gear can hook me up with a fresh one of these.

I'll go to the tag office, prolly tomorrow and get a new tag.

Farewell little buddy.

I think I'm gonna put stitches in the shroud.

Call Kawi up and see what they want for one of these.

I wished I could have seen the look on my face when I realized all the metal re enforcement had been pushed back far enough so I couldn't stick a cheap bulb in at AutoZone in Cleveland yesterday. I immediately looked out to the road and 75 percent of the cars going down 129 already had their headlights on. I'll let you figure out the rest.

Quote:
Flux, willyb, lucky,ksdcoates, venturer, I had a blast showing you guys some of my favorite stuff. We will have to do it again soon, if I can keep the Big silver pig running. I don't think I can top this one unless we head to N.C. I know willyb will be ready. How about the rest of ya?Oh and those are some mighty fine pics WillyB.
Sounds like a great idea!! Count me in for sure.

Thanks for the compliment on the pics. I didn't get that many yesterday, I was kinda busy.

My theory, you only get one chance, go full fucking throttle, all the way, all the time.-Trip
Willy-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 05:21 PM   #1595
lucky_strike
whose flux?

damn willy....shes seen better days. im sure it wont be long till shes showroom again. least you didnt get caught in the rain.

um , yes i remeber smokey and the bandit....thats the one with rthe general lee right? im $%&^ing kidding. of course i rmeber it, and yeah bookers cars was something else at the end.

Old 08-06-2007, 05:24 PM   #1596
Meathead
tin man

Oddometer: 16,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy-B
I wished I could have seen the look on my face when I realized all the metal re enforcement had been pushed back far enough so I couldn't stick a cheap bulb in at AutoZone in Cleveland yesterday. I immediately looked out to the road and 75 percent of the cars going down 129 already had their headlights on. I'll let you figure out the rest.
You followed real close?

Do tell.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:35 PM   #1597
martysKLR
no KLR pls, just a KTM

Oddometer: 20
Damn I need to come to the board more often, I miss all the good rides
martysKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 06:13 PM   #1598
Cactus Dave
Born to Argue

Oddometer: 685
Hmmmm . . . . It sounds like I missed a good one. That KLR looks thoroughly used . . . and abused. Some one was on an XR? Would that be the guy who kicked, and kicked, and kicked, and . . . . I don't know anything about that. Mike can ride? Is that what he's doing on one wheel? I would not know. It looks completely foreign to me. What with that high rate of speed and all. So Flux, I guess you'll be able to re-trace this awesome route at some point in the near future, a/k/a upon my return from CO? I'm glad (and envious) y'all had a great ride. That's what life on a bike is all about. All the best, and I look forward to joning you in the near future. (After all, the poor XR-ridin'-kickin' SOB needs some miserable company). Cheers,
Cactus Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 06:48 PM   #1599
Venturer
AKA klakeman

Oddometer: 686
Quote:
I am definitely in.

GA Dualsport Wantab - awesome trail yesterday. Sorry I had to leave "early". Great pace, BTW.

My odo said 160 miles when I finished, and you guys rode for another 4 hrs! I MUST do the hillclimb trail soon. I will not rest until I have a go at it.

Kirk
'04 KTM 950; '11 KTM 350 XCF;
'08 KTM 250 XCF-W; '05 Montesa 250 4RT Trials
Venturer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 06:58 PM   #1600
knybanjo
kinda slow

Oddometer: 22,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy-B
'Bout ready for the scrap yard.
Ahhh it's merely a flesh wound.(s)

How are YOU feeling?
Old 08-06-2007, 06:58 PM   #1601
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by martysKLR
Damn I need to come to the board more often, I miss all the good rides
Hey, I told you about this ride. Problem was we stayed at our wrench fest too late that evening and their 6am meet time!

I'm telling you though, you would fit right in with Flux, Willy-B, Lucky-Strike, Dual Sport, and these other guys with our style of riding. We would have more people to actually chase and not have to stop every 20 mins and help someone get their bike up a hill!
Smugmug Pics - Save $5: Y2l43o9LVBERU
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 07:12 PM   #1602
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLghtning
not have to stop every 20 mins and help someone get their bike up a hill!
That's pretty fucking funny right there.
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 07:12 PM   #1603
kdscoates
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLghtning
Hey, I told you about this ride. Problem was we stayed at our wrench fest too late that evening and their 6am meet time!

I'm telling you though, you would fit right in with Flux, Willy-B, Lucky-Strike, Dual Sport, and these other guys with our style of riding. We would have more people to actually chase and not have to stop every 20 mins and help someone get their bike up a hill!

quote from 4runner "but,if you really need a 80/20 , which most of us do and won't admit it,"
kdscoates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 07:14 PM   #1604
kdscoates
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,477
i said never again but 24hrs later and i want so hill climb i gotta get it

hey darnell fuck you

oh yeah fuck flux

quote from 4runner "but,if you really need a 80/20 , which most of us do and won't admit it,"
kdscoates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 07:18 PM   #1605
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,597
Well fellas, what can I say? What a day. How many miles did we do? I think my tripmeter rolled over as I never reset it. If Kirk got 160 I reckon the rest of us did close to 250 miles? Can that be right?

Billy, man, your bike looks FANTASTIC. Glad you made it home all right dude. Kirk, we missed ya the rest of the day. That climb would be cake for you. And the ride home you would have hated as we slabbed it all the way to Dawsonville, although Coates did lead us through a slammin shortcut. Still too much slab though. At least we got to run Tray Mtn which is always a good time. Too many cars though. Mike, what can I tell you man? Thanks for taking the lead. It was nice to follow for a change. Yesterday just kicked so many asses it was a ride I will not forget. You can tell we had a blast by the amazing lack of photographic proof. Lucky, you scared the shit out of us pulling in front of the goddamn Blazer you little bastard! Stay alive a little longer so we can keep riding with you out there, it's more fun if yer not dead. Coates, fuck you, you fuck.

Pics!
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote