ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2012, 09:06 AM   #24076
coletrain
All aboard!

Oddometer: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbeaux View Post
Nice day for a ride!

Wandered out by myself for a leisurely tour of the forest roads south of Suches yesterday.

Surprised I did not pass a single bike in my ride up Winding Stair, Springer Mountain, back up Noontootley, across 42 all the way to Suches back around by the hatchery, down to Ranger Camp and back across to Nimblewell.

Stopped at Rider's Hill on the way home and now I know why I did not see any bikes on forest roads...they were all at Riders Hill!
Glad you were able to get out and ride buddy! sorry I missed ya.

'01 F650 GS
CG#2727
coletrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:39 AM   #24077
NitroAcres
MotoBiggots Suck

Oddometer: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacelord View Post
Mind if I use that ?
No feel free, I got a few more...:) My end all is, "I am Old Tired and Out of Practice".

Root is almost to the top, I got the front over it, stopped the rear cold, it spun, I grabbed the front brake, slid backwards..all done, funny that hill is like 20-25 feet tall and about a 40* angle, pics make it look wimpy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB View Post
Sorry the bike has been spoken for, and he is going to bring it back to life.
Mike, it was nice meeting you and I am looking forward to another project...Plus I just love the taste of that Orang KoolAid
NitroAcres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:54 AM   #24078
Queen of Spades
tall drink of water

Oddometer: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Spades View Post
As I thought.. rider carrying too much speed on an unfamiliar road.
I received a response from one of the Detectives for Dekalb. They indicated that speed was NOT a factor, that the rider simply missed the corner and went into the guard rail.

Also heard that the rider is from Washington (not sure if DC or the state).

Sad.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:52 PM   #24079
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,608
Just thought I'd brag on my wife getting out on her first solo ride on her Duke II today. She "took the long way home" from the barn today, and texted me this pic while I was applying solid biomass (aka 'shit') to folks' lawns.

And Sunday after our run with TMGS and family around Dahlonega after a hearty breakfast at Foothill Grill.
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:37 AM   #24080
CHRIS_D
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 834
FINALLY, rode on the DR650 to work today. I had my cane stuff in my back pack.

It been a long,, long, long, 6 months and I still walk with a bad limp. I hope to be teaching classes by end of June and jogging again by the end of the year.
Old 05-23-2012, 04:02 AM   #24081
KTMexcrider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRIS_D View Post

It been a long,, long, long, 6 months and I still walk with a bad limp. I hope to be teaching classes by end of June and jogging again by the end of the year.
KTMexcrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:18 AM   #24082
SuchesRider
Just Do It!

Oddometer: 1,672
Hey Flux. It is fabulous to see Jen out riding her KTM. Never too many biker chicks....

Chris_D, glad to hear you are riding again. Be careful out there! A friend of mine was seriously injured this past weekend while racing vintage motocross. We are involved in a sport that requires constant respect and attention.

D.O.G.s in general - For quite some time my motorcycle collection has taken precedence over my jewelry collection. Funny how things like jewelry/watches were important to me at one time, but now I look at them and wonder how many sets of knobbie tires/tools/jackets/boots I could buy with the money.....

Consequently, I am going to start to sell off some of my finer jewelry. Before advertising in the FM, I thought I would see if there was any local interest. Here is the current list:
  • Unisex Tag Heuer dress/dive watch with blue face (Kirium Stainless Steel Quartz) Retails for $1,800; selling for $800
  • Women's Tiffany platinum and diamond ring Retails for over $1,500; selling for $750 (comes with little blue box and blue Tiffany bag)
  • Unisex H Stern platinum and diamond ring Retails over $3,600; selling for $1,500
Let me know if you are interested and I will provide you with pictures. Thanks SR.

SuchesRider screwed with this post 05-23-2012 at 08:49 AM
SuchesRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:00 PM   #24083
Gumbeaux
The Chameleon

Oddometer: 789
TT-R 125 L for sale

SR, that's funny right there. Need to hide this post from my wife...she loves some Tiffany...

Hey DOGS, I have a buddy selling a Yamaha TT-R 125 L. "L" means larger frame, I hear. 4 stroke, 2007 (or '06) I think. He bought it new and has all the paperwork. Stock. Only a few hours on it by him and his teenage daughters riding it around the neighborhood and adjacent fields, excellent excellent condition.

He is not sure what to ask for it, so a reasonable offer would be considered. probaly somewhere around $1100? I dunno...

I was going to buy it but cannot justify it for my son or I...he need's an 80 and I need something bigger.

PM if interested and I will get you in touch w him.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:22 PM   #24084
GaThumper
Road Less Traveled

Oddometer: 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchesRider View Post
Hey Flux. It is fabulous to see Jen out riding her KTM. Never too many biker chicks....

Chris_D, glad to hear you are riding again. Be careful out there! A friend of mine was seriously injured this past weekend while racing vintage motocross. We are involved in a sport that requires constant respect and attention.

D.O.G.s in general - For quite some time my motorcycle collection has taken precedence over my jewelry collection. Funny how things like jewelry/watches were important to me at one time, but now I look at them and wonder how many sets of knobbie tires/tools/jackets/boots I could buy with the money.....

Consequently, I am going to start to sell off some of my finer jewelry. Before advertising in the FM, I thought I would see if there was any local interest. Here is the current list:
  • Unisex Tag Heuer dress/dive watch with blue face (Kirium Stainless Steel Quartz) Retails for $1,800; selling for $800
  • Women's Tiffany platinum and diamond ring Retails for over $1,500; selling for $750 (comes with little blue box and blue Tiffany bag)
  • Unisex H Stern platinum and diamond ring Retails over $3,600; selling for $1,500
Let me know if you are interested and I will provide you with pictures. Thanks SR.

You're going to buy a LOT of tires!

1996 Suzuki Intruder 1400 (for sale) 1987 Yamaha TT600 (for sale)
GaThumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:15 PM   #24085
hardwaregrrl
You talkin' to me?

Oddometer: 6,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRIS_D View Post

Chris, that is great to hear!!!!!

SR....Sorry to hear about your buddy . Hope they're doing alright.
hardwaregrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:01 PM   #24086
SlowRide13
Veteran n00b

Oddometer: 1,336
Quote:

D.O.G.s in general - For quite some time my motorcycle collection has taken precedence over my jewelry collection. .

Ever thought about adopting a nice son? I'm housebroken, do dishes and can fix stuff.
www.hoofrehab.com
SlowRide13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:27 PM   #24087
hardwaregrrl
You talkin' to me?

Oddometer: 6,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowRide13 View Post
Ever thought about adopting a nice son? I'm housebroken, do dishes and can fix stuff.
Too late.....they hand picked me out of a cage.
hardwaregrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:07 PM   #24088
phideaux
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,220
Oops....parked in Middletown, NY with a bad front tar. Scared the snot out of me when it pushed out from under me as I was blasting thru the Hudson River valley approaching West Point. Saved it, but was too spooked to ride with any spirit at all. BUT..... I've got an appointment, 1st in line tomorrow, to get a new one slipped onto the Wing. The fun continues.

Fido

Mrs. Phideaux to her octogenarian friend when the granny wants to know if she can sit on one of my bikes:

"It's Okay, they only fall over when HE'S on them."

North GA Tag-O-Rama Map
Georgia Tag-O-Rama Map
phideaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:32 PM   #24089
DirtDabber
cultural illiterate

Oddometer: 7,671
Quote:

Motorcycles, jewelry, SuchesRider, oh yeah, I'm gonna need some pics.

I wonder where that road goes?
DirtDabber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:34 PM   #24090
DirtDabber
cultural illiterate

Oddometer: 7,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by phideaux View Post
Oops....parked in Middletown, NY with a bad front tar. Scared the snot out of me when it pushed out from under me as I was blasting thru the Hudson River valley approaching West Point. Saved it, but was too spooked to ride with any spirit at all. BUT..... I've got an appointment, 1st in line tomorrow, to get a new one slipped onto the Wing. The fun continues.

Fido
I did that a few weeks ago on the way to Asheville on 215. I knew it had a lot of wear but wanted to get another trip in.....till it started raining.

I wonder where that road goes?
DirtDabber is online now   Reply With Quote