ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-06-2012, 08:31 PM   #25576
FriedDuck
Why die all tensed up?
 
FriedDuck's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Oddometer: 418
So when did they start calling Sandrock by a different name? Or is it one of those things where we just never knew the correct name? Can you still climb there? I spent countless weekends there & Little River, Jamestown, Yellow Creek, etc.

Definitely worth the trip if you haven't seen it. It's just amazing (search Google Images for sandrock climbing to get an idea.) Good times.
FriedDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:33 PM   #25577
Al Tuna
PUI... Deal with it
 
Al Tuna's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Moran Nation
Oddometer: 12,651
I can't find it on google....
__________________
Southeast Weather Map

Under construction
Al Tuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:20 AM   #25578
GaM
Beastly Adventurer
 
GaM's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Oddometer: 1,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedDuck View Post
So when did they start calling Sandrock by a different name? Or is it one of those things where we just never knew the correct name? Can you still climb there? I spent countless weekends there & Little River, Jamestown, Yellow Creek, etc.

Definitely worth the trip if you haven't seen it. It's just amazing (search Google Images for sandrock climbing to get an idea.) Good times.
Sandrock is mostly a climber's name. You can still climb there. Cherokee Rock Village was the official name by the county until they got Obamabucks to "improve" it, now it is Cherokee Rock Village Park.

Here's a link Tuna: https://www.facebook.com/SaveRockCity
GaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:33 AM   #25579
Bart Jones
BGY 504
 
Bart Jones's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Oddometer: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedDuck View Post
I spent countless weekends there & Little River, Jamestown, Yellow Creek, etc.
Definitely worth the trip if you haven't seen it. It's just amazing. Good times.
Land of Cotton, JB Stoner, White Supremacy, Feets Don't Fail Me, Yum Yum Tree, Winters Respe, Medusa and so on.
Bart Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:44 PM   #25580
MrTwisty
Short Bus Cowboy
 
MrTwisty's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Calhoun, GA
Oddometer: 2,105
Okay, I've been working my ass off lately and I need some dirt time, but I can only afford one day this weekend, Saturday or Sunday, take your pick.

I don't want to screw around with gravel roads or easy shit double track, I need some single track technical stuff.

I think I'm going though withdrawals.

So..............does anybody want to go to Moto Mountain or Highland Park this weekend? If so, what day?

Don't make me go alone.
__________________
TBA #1001
"Life is too short to be a candy ass." - RuffJeep
'12 Yamaha Super Tenere, '05 KTM 450 EXC. '03 Suzuki DRZ 400S
MrTwisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:00 PM   #25581
MrTwisty
Short Bus Cowboy
 
MrTwisty's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Calhoun, GA
Oddometer: 2,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTwisty View Post
Okay, I've been working my ass off lately and I need some dirt time, but I can only afford one day this weekend, Saturday or Sunday, take your pick.

I don't want to screw around with gravel roads or easy shit double track, I need some single track technical stuff.

I think I'm going though withdrawals.

So..............does anybody want to go to Moto Mountain or Highland Park this weekend? If so, what day?

Don't make me go alone.
Well, this is a first for me...quoting myself.

ABrenton and I are going to be at HP on Sunday at 9:30. Be there or be square.

Oh, I hear there are some new 6 diamond trails, so we're definately going to give them a go. Therefore, candy asses need not apply.
__________________
TBA #1001
"Life is too short to be a candy ass." - RuffJeep
'12 Yamaha Super Tenere, '05 KTM 450 EXC. '03 Suzuki DRZ 400S

MrTwisty screwed with this post 11-07-2012 at 07:06 PM
MrTwisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:14 PM   #25582
Spacelord
Mutha Mutha
 
Spacelord's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Dawsonville Ga.
Oddometer: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTwisty View Post
Well, this is a first for me...quoting myself.

ABrenton and I are going to be at HP on Sunday at 9:30. Be there or be square.

Oh, I hear there are some new 6 diamond trails, so we're definately going to give them a go. Therefore, candy asses need not apply.
Wish I could, looks like I may be sidelined for a week or to with a bum knee.
__________________
"I swear to god that I will beat you senseless with a sanka can before I die"
Spacelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:53 PM   #25583
MrTwisty
Short Bus Cowboy
 
MrTwisty's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Calhoun, GA
Oddometer: 2,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacelord View Post
Wish I could, looks like I may be sidelined for a week or to with a bum knee.
Dang, how did you do that? Nothing too serious I hope.
__________________
TBA #1001
"Life is too short to be a candy ass." - RuffJeep
'12 Yamaha Super Tenere, '05 KTM 450 EXC. '03 Suzuki DRZ 400S
MrTwisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:19 PM   #25584
Spacelord
Mutha Mutha
 
Spacelord's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Dawsonville Ga.
Oddometer: 872
Torn meniscus, been trying to ignore it hoping it would go away. But it didn't.
__________________
"I swear to god that I will beat you senseless with a sanka can before I die"
Spacelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:23 PM   #25585
MrTwisty
Short Bus Cowboy
 
MrTwisty's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Calhoun, GA
Oddometer: 2,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacelord View Post
.....been trying to ignore it hoping it would go away. But it didn't.
Yeah, that remedy rarely works.
__________________
TBA #1001
"Life is too short to be a candy ass." - RuffJeep
'12 Yamaha Super Tenere, '05 KTM 450 EXC. '03 Suzuki DRZ 400S
MrTwisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:58 PM   #25586
MrTwisty
Short Bus Cowboy
 
MrTwisty's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Calhoun, GA
Oddometer: 2,105
Well, Adam bailed on me Sunday. Anybody else want to go to HP?
__________________
TBA #1001
"Life is too short to be a candy ass." - RuffJeep
'12 Yamaha Super Tenere, '05 KTM 450 EXC. '03 Suzuki DRZ 400S
MrTwisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:05 PM   #25587
KneeKicker
Beastly Adventurer
 
KneeKicker's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Indiana
Oddometer: 2,628
Durhamtown plantation

Looking for a place to ride down south this December that will be a little warmer than what we will probably have here in Indiana.

Would Durhamtown be worth an 8hr drive?

Is there enough to ride for 2 full days?
__________________
everything looks cool on motorcycle

"I got so drunk last night I woke this morning and someone had shit my pants" Ron White
KneeKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:42 PM   #25588
Venturer
AKA klakeman
 
Venturer's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Marietta
Oddometer: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by KneeKicker View Post
Looking for a place to ride down south this December that will be a little warmer than what we will probably have here in Indiana.

Would Durhamtown be worth an 8hr drive?

Is there enough to ride for 2 full days?
What kind of riding and what type of bike? You have several options.
__________________
Work hard, play harder...

Kirk
'04 KTM 950; '11 KTM 350 XCF;
'08 KTM 250 XCF-W; '05 Montesa 250 4RT Trials
Venturer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:34 PM   #25589
migrator
Gnarly Adventurer
 
migrator's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Buford, GA
Oddometer: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by KneeKicker View Post
Looking for a place to ride down south this December that will be a little warmer than what we will probably have here in Indiana.

Would Durhamtown be worth an 8hr drive?

Is there enough to ride for 2 full days?

There is also Highland Park.. http://www.highlandparkresort.com/
__________________
IBA - 34422
migrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:19 PM   #25590
Midlife
HalFassed
 
Midlife's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Canton GA
Oddometer: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdscoates View Post
hell yeah I read over that I guess put the stock counter sprocket on!
Just get the springs right for your weight and then set up the suspension and then ride the hell out of it!!!!

Thanks for the replies guys......I'll go back to the stocker and lose some weight
__________________
STILL fun after all these years! Thanks GOD!

2008 KTM 990 Adventure, and a bunch of dream bikes in my head.
Midlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014