ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-17-2012, 06:03 AM   #25696
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!
 
flux_capacitor's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Cumming GA
Oddometer: 9,597
Andrew carries tires, and just invested in a killer tire mounting machine too. He's got a good stock of Moto-Z (I'm sure Brown Dog will be chiming in any minute on Moto-Z lol) and others.

Whereabouts roughly do you live in town? I can never remember. I am on the north side of town on 9. Where's a good place to meet? We could meet in town on 9 and chop our way down to Slopes BBQ on 9 and grab a to go order and bring Andrew some grub.
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:11 AM   #25697
TerraUnFirma
Fair/Not Balanced
 
TerraUnFirma's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: North Georgia Mountains...yeah heaven!
Oddometer: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by flux_capacitor View Post
Andrew carries tires, and just invested in a killer tire mounting machine too. He's got a good stock of Moto-Z (I'm sure Brown Dog will be chiming in any minute on Moto-Z lol) and others.

Whereabouts roughly do you live in town? I can never remember. I am on the north side of town on 9. Where's a good place to meet? We could meet in town on 9 and chop our way down to Slopes BBQ on 9 and grab a to go order and bring Andrew some grub.
I live about 2 minutes East of 400 off Jot Em Down Road. Could meet at HiWay 9 and AC Smith Road which is just past Silver City where Bannister Road and 9 intersect.

Yeah, BD swears by the MotoZ's and those are on my list...I've been running 606's and like them, but might give the MotoZ's a try this time.

Sounds like a plan! 11:30? at AC Smith and 9?
__________________
Tom Stites - Dawsonville, GA -
'11 Triumph Tiger 800XC ABS
'97 BMW R1100RT
'06 Suzuki DRz400s
'08 Yamaha WR250R
TerraUnFirma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:22 AM   #25698
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!
 
flux_capacitor's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Cumming GA
Oddometer: 9,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraUnFirma View Post
I live about 2 minutes East of 400 off Jot Em Down Road. Could meet at HiWay 9 and AC Smith Road which is just past Silver City where Bannister Road and 9 intersect.

Yeah, BD swears by the MotoZ's and those are on my list...I've been running 606's and like them, but might give the MotoZ's a try this time.

Sounds like a plan! 11:30? at AC Smith and 9?
Cool, sounds good. Lets make it that gas station (Citgo I think) at Bannister and 9. I wouldn't mind running Bannister to John Burrus to Tribble Gap? There are some pretty decent roads between here and Acme actually.

Anyone else wanna join? Or meet us at Acme and ride afterwards?
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:24 AM   #25699
TerraUnFirma
Fair/Not Balanced
 
TerraUnFirma's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: North Georgia Mountains...yeah heaven!
Oddometer: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by flux_capacitor View Post
Cool, sounds good. Lets make it that gas station (Citgo I think) at Bannister and 9. I wouldn't mind running Bannister to John Burrus to Tribble Gap? There are some pretty decent roads between here and Acme actually.

Anyone else wanna join? Or meet us at Acme and ride afterwards?
Ok, see you there...
__________________
Tom Stites - Dawsonville, GA -
'11 Triumph Tiger 800XC ABS
'97 BMW R1100RT
'06 Suzuki DRz400s
'08 Yamaha WR250R
TerraUnFirma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:24 AM   #25700
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!
 
flux_capacitor's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Cumming GA
Oddometer: 9,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraUnFirma View Post
Ok, see you there...


Cool be a nice day for errands running lol.
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:20 AM   #25701
GaM
Beastly Adventurer
 
GaM's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Oddometer: 1,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloDon View Post
No problem.....must have had a camera fart in the afternoon.....no video of the run up to the Gazebo or of Clear Creek....those would have been good!

Oh well just need to do it again!
The nice thing about that route is you come out and can go right back in on Lost Creek rd.
GaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:49 PM   #25702
kdscoates
Beastly Adventurer
 
kdscoates's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: dahlonega,ga
Oddometer: 3,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by flux_capacitor View Post
Cool, sounds good. Lets make it that gas station (Citgo I think) at Bannister and 9. I wouldn't mind running Bannister to John Burrus to Tribble Gap? There are some pretty decent roads between here and Acme actually.

Anyone else wanna join? Or meet us at Acme and ride afterwards?

Your wife takes your leash off for the weekend and this is your riding plan?

GO FUCKING RIDING PLEASE SO I CAN HEAR ALL ABOUT YOUR RIDE AND BE JEALOUS!!!!!
__________________
Quote from Pj "if loud pipes save lives imagine what learning to ride that thing would do!!!"

quote from 4runner "but,if you really need a 80/20 , which most of us do and won't admit it,"
kdscoates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:11 PM   #25703
SloDon
Studly Adventurer
 
SloDon's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Atlanta
Oddometer: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaM View Post
The nice thing about that route is you come out and can go right back in on Lost Creek rd.

Yes!

That's what we normally do....then 236 to Mcfarland and out Farner to 68...or circle back around on Kimsey Mtn and back out or.....head south.....


Bunch of decent roads back in there!


We had a good ride today...great weather! Headed west......played along the Coosa River and then over to Little River!

Don
__________________
SloDon
'12 R1200 GS Adv, '05 DRZ 400, '08 RE Bullet 500
http://www.youtube.com/user/SlooDon#p/u
Don't grow up.......it's a trap!!
SloDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:00 PM   #25704
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!
 
flux_capacitor's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Cumming GA
Oddometer: 9,597
If anyone wants to ride into the Cohuttas tomorrow with Andrew and I pm me. As much dirt as possible but some street. I'm on the 950, he's on his 690 Enduro.
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:21 PM   #25705
Gallowbraid
Studly Adventurer
 
Gallowbraid's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Clarkesville, GA
Oddometer: 823
Not bike related, but that's crazy small:

http://jalopnik.com/5961187/ford-bui...rport-security
__________________
You might be a KLR owner if:

You think mud is a good paint protector
Winterizing just means putting a tarp over it till tomorrow
You hit Home Depot and Tractor Supply for parts before you go to the motorcycle shop.
Every time you look at anything square shaped you think "Could that be a pannier?"
You like humvees and hate H2's
You've gone into an Army Surplus store to look for riding gear.

Gallowbraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:29 PM   #25706
A.Breton
Criminal
 
A.Breton's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Oddometer: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallowbraid View Post
Not bike related, but that's crazy small:

http://jalopnik.com/5961187/ford-bui...rport-security
That's awesome! About time Americans really started embracing turbo engines.
A.Breton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:45 PM   #25707
kdscoates
Beastly Adventurer
 
kdscoates's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: dahlonega,ga
Oddometer: 3,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by flux_capacitor View Post
If anyone wants to ride into the Cohuttas tomorrow with Andrew and I pm me. As much dirt as possible but some street. I'm on the 950, he's on his 690 Enduro.
You guys headed out about the crack of 10?


How was that ride of those decent roads down to alpharetta?
__________________
Quote from Pj "if loud pipes save lives imagine what learning to ride that thing would do!!!"

quote from 4runner "but,if you really need a 80/20 , which most of us do and won't admit it,"
kdscoates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:50 PM   #25708
Al Tuna
PUI... Deal with it
 
Al Tuna's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Moran Nation
Oddometer: 11,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdscoates View Post
You guys headed out about the crack of 10?


How was that ride of those traffic lights down to alpharetta?
Fixt.
__________________
Southeast Weather Map

Under construction
Al Tuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:40 PM   #25709
Gallowbraid
Studly Adventurer
 
Gallowbraid's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Clarkesville, GA
Oddometer: 823
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Breton View Post
That's awesome! About time Americans really started embracing turbo engines.
My quad cab long bed 4x4 truck is powered by a 3.5 liter twin turbo V6 and it is CRAZY how much power it has. Out runs and out hauls my previous big ass V8's and if driven nicely (year right) can get 24 mpg on the highway. I love it...and then you roll the windows down and hear the turbo whine....it's a beautiful thing.
__________________
You might be a KLR owner if:

You think mud is a good paint protector
Winterizing just means putting a tarp over it till tomorrow
You hit Home Depot and Tractor Supply for parts before you go to the motorcycle shop.
Every time you look at anything square shaped you think "Could that be a pannier?"
You like humvees and hate H2's
You've gone into an Army Surplus store to look for riding gear.

Gallowbraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:26 PM   #25710
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!
 
flux_capacitor's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Cumming GA
Oddometer: 9,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdscoates View Post
You guys headed out about the crack of 10?


How was that ride of those decent roads down to alpharetta?

Dude get a life, sheesh

I rode about 400 miles today. Went to Acme. Intended to ride home but ended up in Scottsboro, AL and rode to Cloudland Canyon and over Fort Mountain. Just got back a little while ago. Night ride with tinted shield is always interesting!

How was your hike?
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014