ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2007, 05:42 AM   #61
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by flux_capacitor
BMW Atlanta- I can't wait to hear a ride report on that Aprilia. That is the V-Twin dirtbike style one, right? How was getting a tag? Am I correct that they are like KTM's...not truly street legal from the factory but no problem tagging them? I ran into a couple guys with the supermoto versions up in Suches a few weeks back and those bikes are damn sexy.
I thought they were like the new Husky's and came with a regular street title? Unless I'm thinking of the SuperMoto versions?

I know two guys locally that both have the 550 SM's. Regardless, they are damn sexy bikes.
Smugmug Pics - Save $5 <-- Click Here
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 05:49 AM   #62
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLghtning
I thought they were like the new Husky's and came with a regular street title? Unless I'm thinking of the SuperMoto versions?

I know two guys locally that both have the 550 SM's. Regardless, they are damn sexy bikes.
I could be totally wrong abot that, but I'm pretty sure that is how it is.

Have fun riding today, Blue...wish I could join you but I have work to do.
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 05:59 AM   #63
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

Where the hell is Steve Coates?
Old 01-06-2007, 06:01 AM   #64
lucky_strike
whose flux?

Oddometer: 2,731
THANKS FOR THE SHIRT!! im wearing it right now.....good thing there is no dress code here. sounds good

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=809561
lucky_strike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 06:31 AM   #65
unlawfulsm
Bearded Hooligan

Oddometer: 550
Quote:

BTW- the last weekend in January is the Dixie Dual Sport Devil's Creek ride so I will be in FL for that one. Y'all have fun without me!
Thats a great ride Flux I used to ride that one all the time when I lived in FLA. Dont let that sand show you whos boss

Use Code- iFRLhicsrl4no

Great Deals on Gear
unlawfulsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 06:34 AM   #66
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

No probs on the shirt dude. Forced me to go into that damn shop on Upper Hembree though.

I am looking forward to the Devils Creek ride. From the pics I have seen, this will be right up my alley. I got my first taste of sand at the Scrub last year, and I am hooked on it. Any other local boys going down for it this year?
Old 01-06-2007, 10:30 AM   #67
Some Dude
what attitude problem???

Oddometer: 4,692
Quote:
BMW Atlanta- I can't wait to hear a ride report on that Aprilia. That is the V-Twin dirtbike style one, right? How was getting a tag? Am I correct that they are like KTM's...not truly street legal from the factory but no problem tagging them? I ran into a couple guys with the supermoto versions up in Suches a few weeks back and those bikes are damn sexy.
Just picked it up earlier this week, and yes it's the new VTwin enduro/maybe trail bike,....we'll see. It was a wholesale dealer to dealer deal so I couldn't resist. Have about 15 miles on it just playing around the shop here. It's technically not Homogulated for DOT use, but wont be a problem to legitimately tag it here in GA when I decide to do so. The MSO looks like any other from Aprilia, For now it gets a dealer tag.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:51 PM   #68
kdscoates
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Atlanta
Just picked it up earlier this week, and yes it's the new VTwin enduro/maybe trail bike,....we'll see. It was a wholesale dealer to dealer deal so I couldn't resist. Have about 15 miles on it just playing around the shop here. It's technically not Homogulated for DOT use, but wont be a problem to legitimately tag it here in GA when I decide to do so. The MSO looks like any other from Aprilia, For now it gets a dealer tag.

quote from 4runner "but,if you really need a 80/20 , which most of us do and won't admit it,"
kdscoates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 08:56 PM   #69
kdscoates
Beastly Adventurer

whats up guys

hey thanks for the invite on last sun looks like a blast wow and to think i just hung out at the house cause i thought all my buds were out of town
but ahh they were out of town in f''kin clayton riding tahnks for the heads up!!! gues i am not in the inner circle

i am up for next sun if my dust seals come in and i get my forks back i should be good to go might camp out sat night but would have to catch up late or just meet up sun am!! if it is not to much trouble keep me informed?

quote from 4runner "but,if you really need a 80/20 , which most of us do and won't admit it,"
Old 01-06-2007, 09:28 PM   #70
Willy-B
onebudwiser

Oddometer: 7,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdscoates
i am up for next sun if my dust seals come in and i get my forks back i should be good to go might camp out sat night but would have to catch up late or just meet up sun am!! if it is not to much trouble keep me informed?
Will do, It'd be good to see you again.

My theory, you only get one chance, go full fucking throttle, all the way, all the time.-Trip
Willy-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 06:52 AM   #71
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

Coates my brother! They said you were out of town man. Sorry about that, dude. It will not happen again. You are one of the best dudes I know...surely didn't do it on purpose.

So, what should we do about next weekend? Sunday shows a 60% chance of rain, Saturday 30%. I am not sure I can ride Monday just yet. It is a possibilty but I can't commit to it yet.

Let's ride out Sat am no matter what.
Old 01-07-2007, 07:50 AM   #72
kdscoates
Beastly Adventurer

i think my son has a basketball game on sat just have to let ya know on fri proably -- definetly not mon i will be working my ass off .
getting on my soap box-
-on another note mlk b-day is a great day a shame most of the people who are active about it lost his vision and are ruining his legacy-
getting off my soap box

Old 01-07-2007, 10:42 AM   #73
r_benner
r_benner

Oddometer: 112
Hello Men,
My buddy and I ride tagged DRZ-400. He on an "S" and mine is an "E". We live east of Atl in Covington and are getting tired of the same old D-town woods and the like. I love ride some new stuff meet you guys up north sometime. Is there another site I should check to be in the ride loop?

Thanks,

r
r_benner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 10:48 AM   #74
Dags
I'm not British

Oddometer: 1,240
Next weekend

Koates - pure fuck up about last weekend - sorry about that.

With late arrivals Saturday afternoon and the weather would you guys prefer to camp or get a hotel in clayton?

Dags
Dags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 11:23 AM   #75
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_benner
Hello Men,
My buddy and I ride tagged DRZ-400. He on an "S" and mine is an "E". We live east of Atl in Covington and are getting tired of the same old D-town woods and the like. I love ride some new stuff meet you guys up north sometime. Is there another site I should check to be in the ride loop?

Thanks,

r

Men? We are DOGS. Just kidding dude, welcome to the group. I am pretty sure this is the only site you need to be in the loop, although I highly recommend dixiedualsport.com as well to meet some really cool folks.

Dags- I don't care what we do as far as lodging. Hotels are nice, but I am broke as a joke and it'll be hard to cough up the $ for this weekend as well as still having $ left for the Devils Creek ride at the end of the month.

I was thinking we could meet in Clayton, at that cool little campsite that you had to cross the creek to get to. I can get better directions posted if this is good for everyone. I would drive the truck up there, so I can bring supplies (food, alcohol). We could meet up there Saturday am, and ride all day...camp there Sat pm, ride Sunday. If I can camp Sunday night I will.

What say you all?