ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2007, 06:45 PM   #751
Willy-B
onebudwiser

Oddometer: 7,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdscoates
wtf is everyone gonna be on a klr maybe i should keep mine???
Coates!!

I've asked myself the same thing before. If/when I do get another bike in the stable, the KLR stay's.

You have a few bikes though.

Must be nice.

Howya been?

My theory, you only get one chance, go full fucking throttle, all the way, all the time.-Trip
Willy-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 06:49 PM   #752
Willy-B
onebudwiser

Flux, can we change the thread title to KLR instead of DOG?

My theory, you only get one chance, go full fucking throttle, all the way, all the time.-Trip
Old 04-11-2007, 07:11 PM   #753
tennisman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy-B
Lance, everyone will be @ Dales (across from TWO) Sunday am around sevenish. Be there.
Willy, 7 p.m. for me...

Looks like there's no dirt ridin' happening this week-end, tho.
tennisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:49 PM   #754
kdscoates
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy-B
Coates!!

I've asked myself the same thing before. If/when I do get another bike in the stable, the KLR stay's.

You have a few bikes though.

Must be nice.

Howya been?
just 5 or 6 and then dads--- but any way i really don't wanna sell the klr but i have got an itch for a smaller more off road bike like the drz 400.
i have been riding kenny's dr 350 and love it might try to find an older one with elc start but gotta get rid of something first and would like to get rid of the two the old woods bike 87 dr 200 about 800 bucks gets that and then the klr. i live so close to the good stuff the lighter bike works better for me and a can still trail ride with kids on a drz so i get rid of two and replace with one and that makes my wife happier cause she is proably gonna buy a new sport touring ride so she can start doing some trips with me and my shop in the back yard is still about 2 years out and we are gonna need the room in the gararge---- any way thats the plan!!!

quote from 4runner "but,if you really need a 80/20 , which most of us do and won't admit it,"
kdscoates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 02:14 AM   #755
Willy-B
onebudwiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdscoates
just 5 or 6 and then dads--- but any way i really don't wanna sell the klr but i have got an itch for a smaller more off road bike like the drz 400.
i have been riding kenny's dr 350 and love it might try to find an older one with elc start but gotta get rid of something first and would like to get rid of the two the old woods bike 87 dr 200 about 800 bucks gets that and then the klr. i live so close to the good stuff the lighter bike works better for me and a can still trail ride with kids on a drz so i get rid of two and replace with one and that makes my wife happier cause she is proably gonna buy a new sport touring ride so she can start doing some trips with me and my shop in the back yard is still about 2 years out and we are gonna need the room in the gararge---- any way thats the plan!!!
Yeah, you're close to the good stuff. Makes all the sense in the world, good plan.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for someone looking for a woods bike.

Old 04-12-2007, 02:17 AM   #756
Willy-B
onebudwiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisman
Willy, 7 p.m. for me...

Looks like there's no dirt ridin' happening this week-end, tho.

You kinda set me up with a fast ball straight across the plate on that one, Lance.

We should have a pretty good ride in the near future so stay tuned.

Old 04-12-2007, 04:03 AM   #757
kdscoates
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,475
hey guys durhamtown rocked by the way

quote from 4runner "but,if you really need a 80/20 , which most of us do and won't admit it,"
kdscoates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:55 AM   #758
GA-KLR
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
ride friday 13th?

Anyone available to ride N. GA friday the 13th. Pick a time and place. Leaving Marietta in morning to ride FS roads. Return by 5pm.

Best weather of next few days. Rain likely sat/sun.

Barry
GA-KLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:06 AM   #759
Tripper
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 173
Re: ride friday 13th?

I'll be up in Suches Friday to ride and fish and honestly, I'd rather ride than fish. I sill have some loose ends to get taken care of but I was thinking about getting to High Valley Resort around 12noon. What did you have in mind?

Tripper screwed with this post 04-12-2007 at 11:31 AM
Tripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 02:46 PM   #760
GA-KLR
Adventurer

ride plan

Looks like my KLR and a bud's DR650 will likely run up Double Head Gap Road to Springer Mtn entry to forest, then north past hatchery , north past swinging bridge to Dial Rd., north to Hwy 60 and then Duncan Ridge. We will likely be adjacent to or in Suches around 1030-11am , Friday 13th. None of this is in stone, all flexible. We will be in dirt as much as possible.

Is High Valley, the airport cabin outfit in Suches?

What are you riding? Fishing flys? If you want to join up, add to the thread or PM.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:53 PM   #761
Tripper
Gnarly Adventurer

Flyfishing either Coopers Creek or Noontootla Creek. I might be able to get up there by 11:00am and yes, High Valley is the old TWO Airport.
So anyway, I'll probably miss you around the Dial area and may run across you on your Duncan Ridge Road run. Blue DR650. I don't see me getting out on GA400 at 285 any earlier than 9:30am or so and that puts me at Dales about 11:15am.

Tripper screwed with this post 09-14-2008 at 10:30 AM
Old 04-12-2007, 03:13 PM   #762
GA-KLR
Adventurer

Traffic

Don't blame you regarding traffic. We are going to be ahead of it and go up 575 this time. Will look for you. I am a noob flyfisher last year. Have cooled off as time spent mostly on the bikes. Would be interested in dirt riding in with some one who knows the fishing and can lead a noob fisher.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:05 PM   #763
Tripper
Gnarly Adventurer

Ride to Fly

Yes, I hardly fish anymore and I used to tramp around a good bit in NGA after the elusive wild trout. At Coopers I try to get way off the beaten path and fish Bryant Creek. And Noontootla is just off of Double Head Gap and is good fishing. If you see a Blue DR with a Two Brothers pipe parked, then stop and blow your horn and I'll walk up to say hello.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:42 PM   #764
GA-KLR
Adventurer

look for ya

We may run into you at Dale's. I fished Noontootla last year. Great water but a little brushy and narrow for my 4 piece 9' rod. May be some natives in there. They were frisky.

We better get back to bikes or get directed to a fish forum by the DOGS.

Enjoy.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:49 PM   #765
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,587
We've been on worse tangents here than fishing. Y'all have a good time this weekend. Stay dry. Saturday is gonna be a wet one.
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote