ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2007, 07:16 AM   #121
SuchesRider
Just Do It!

Oddometer: 1,668
Cool. Sunday it is! Happy B'day to the little one! You giving them a Honda Z50 for their 1st b'day?
SuchesRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 07:16 AM   #122
kdscoates
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,479
FLUX,DAGS,LUCKY,WILLYTHEROCKET,GADUALSPORTWANNABE, GAKLR

quote from 4runner "but,if you really need a 80/20 , which most of us do and won't admit it,"
kdscoates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 07:18 AM   #123
kdscoates
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchesRider
Cool. Sunday it is! Happy B'day to the little one! You giving them a Honda Z50 for their 1st b'day?
NOT OLD ENOUGH JUST TURNING ONE BUT THE OLDER ONES ARE WAITING FOR HIM TO CATCH UP SO THEY CAN TEACH HIM HOW TO RIDE

quote from 4runner "but,if you really need a 80/20 , which most of us do and won't admit it,"
Old 01-21-2007, 07:27 AM   #124
kdscoates
Beastly Adventurer

ONE WARNING THE JEEP TRAIL IS IN MY OPINION NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART AND I HAVE NEVER MADE IT UP ON THE KLR MATTER FACT BLEW OUT THE CLUTCH AND BROKE THE CLUTCH LEVER AND MIRROR AND CHOKE ON ONE ATTEMPT AND HAVE BEEN DOWN WITH BROKEN PRIDE SEVERAL OTHERE TIMES I WILL SHOW YOU THE ROAD AND WILL PROABLY MEET YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE BY MEANS OF CANADA CREEK BECAUSE I AM NOT FINICIAL PREPARED TO RISK THE POSSIBLE DAMAGES??

THE VIEW IS AWESOME THOUGH ONCE YA GET THERE IMHO THE BEST IN THE AREA AND MAYBE WITH SOME HAND HELD RADIOS OR SOMETHING WE COULD GET THE SINGLE TRACK ROUTE DOWN WHICH IS NOT SO ROUGH?
ONE GROUP GO AROUND THROUGH CANADA CREEK AND ONE GROUP UP THE JEEP TRAIL? ALSO LOTS OF CLOSED GATES UP THERE THI WEEKEND THE 2 ROADS NORTH ON 60 THAT GO FROM SKENNAH GAP TO OLD DIAL ROAD WERE CLOSED AND THE GATE AT THE BACK WAY INTO THE SWINGING BRIDGE WERE CLOSED? AND SAW 2 RANGERS IN THAT AREA??

Old 01-21-2007, 07:58 AM   #125
Some Dude
what attitude problem???

Oddometer: 4,693
too bad i have to head down to New Orleans Sunday to go see/maybe play with the new G650's. Was hoping to get some riding in today, but didn't work out. To anyone that knew about the benefit at Black Moose ORV in Dawsonville yesterday and today, You missed a heck of an opportunity to ride a super sweet nice piece of private property. Took the Aprilia and KTM out there yesterday for some bashing and man the trails were TIGHT, next time I'll grease up my hand gaurds.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:02 AM   #126
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdscoates
ONE WARNING THE JEEP TRAIL IS IN MY OPINION NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART AND I HAVE NEVER MADE IT UP ON THE KLR MATTER FACT BLEW OUT THE CLUTCH AND BROKE THE CLUTCH LEVER AND MIRROR AND CHOKE ON ONE ATTEMPT AND HAVE BEEN DOWN WITH BROKEN PRIDE SEVERAL OTHERE TIMES I WILL SHOW YOU THE ROAD AND WILL PROABLY MEET YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE BY MEANS OF CANADA CREEK BECAUSE I AM NOT FINICIAL PREPARED TO RISK THE POSSIBLE DAMAGES??

THE VIEW IS AWESOME THOUGH ONCE YA GET THERE IMHO THE BEST IN THE AREA AND MAYBE WITH SOME HAND HELD RADIOS OR SOMETHING WE COULD GET THE SINGLE TRACK ROUTE DOWN WHICH IS NOT SO ROUGH?
ONE GROUP GO AROUND THROUGH CANADA CREEK AND ONE GROUP UP THE JEEP TRAIL? ALSO LOTS OF CLOSED GATES UP THERE THI WEEKEND THE 2 ROADS NORTH ON 60 THAT GO FROM SKENNAH GAP TO OLD DIAL ROAD WERE CLOSED AND THE GATE AT THE BACK WAY INTO THE SWINGING BRIDGE WERE CLOSED? AND SAW 2 RANGERS IN THAT AREA??
No need for radios. I can show you the back way to the overlook. I know the area real well. One of my favorites. A huge oak tree fell across the trail but you can lay your bike on its side and get under it. I found this out last weekend on the way to Clayton Dualsport style.
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 08:02 AM   #127
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,613
Coates- are you kidding me? ANOTHER kids' birthday?!?!? I am gonna start counting all these birthdays to make sure you really only have 3 kids. Rum. What about the rum? I love rum. Have you ever tried "Pyrat" rum? Good sipping rum. Crown is also very good. This reminds me, I need to restock the rum supply. We are down to only vodka, gin (yucky), and tequila. I need rum. Oh yeah- things are ok on this end...no help needed...but thanks for the offer. I just can't go out of town next weekend is all.

Next Sunday it is. The Canada Creek area sounds good to me. If the jeep trail is REALLY that BAD, then we'll just have to play it by ear. If you know some good singletrack in that area, that will be fun enough. I have a fold up saw I can bring. It won't be good for large trees, but small ones will be sawdust when we are done with it. Are these trails 'legal' to the best of your knowledge? I don't wanna get shot.

We ought to plan on eating at Dale's for lunch. I am going through withdrawals. We can also check out the firetower while we're there, eh?

Also- they do close alot of gates in the forest during the winter, when erosion is most likely to occur. I am surprised they haven't been closed til now. I assume they will open back up in spring. Whissenhunt and all the other ORV parks typically close this time of year as well.
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 08:06 AM   #128
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Atlanta
too bad i have to head down to New Orleans Sunday to go see/maybe play with the new G650's. Was hoping to get some riding in today, but didn't work out. To anyone that knew about the benefit at Black Moose ORV in Dawsonville yesterday and today, You missed a heck of an opportunity to ride a super sweet nice piece of private property. Took the Aprilia and KTM out there yesterday for some bashing and man the trails were TIGHT, next time I'll grease up my hand gaurds.
Yeah man, I feel your pain..it must really suck to be forced to try out those new 650's! I wish I could have made it to that benefit ride. I only live 10 minutes from there, too. Ken Cox has told me how awesome that place is for riding before. How did the Aprilia do? That is one sweet looking bike.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:27 AM   #129
Dags
I'm not British

Oddometer: 1,240
Rum

Have you guys tried Flor de Cana 7 year old rum from Nicaragua, not cheap for rum $22 a bottle - I reckon it's the muts nuts

Next sunday - I'm a maybe. Finally got a contract on my house so I may be busy dealing with the crap associated with that.

Anyone got a chainsaw the can bring
Dags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 08:37 AM   #130
kdscoates
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB
No need for radios. I can show you the back way to the overlook. I know the area real well. One of my favorites. A huge oak tree fell across the trail but you can lay your bike on its side and get under it. I found this out last weekend on the way to Clayton Dualsport style.
COOL I HOPE SUNDAY IS COOL FOR YA I ALWAYS GO IN FROM CANADA CREEK AND GO PASS THE SILOS AT THE OLD MCDONALD FARM AND THEN THE CREEK CROSSING GO AROUND TO THE LEFT AND THEN RIGHT OVER A BIG HILL AND THEN DOWN BY A CABIN THAT IS JUST OUT THERE WITH NO ACESS EXECPT HORSE 4 WHEELER OR DUAL SPORT THEN I ROAD THOSE TRAILS FOR EVER AND JUST CAME UP ON THE OVERLOOK BY ACCIDENT I THINK I REMEMBER THE TREE BUT I THOUGHT I WANT AROUND IT DID YOU REALLY SLIDE THAT 950 UNDER IT?

Old 01-21-2007, 08:38 AM   #131
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

Contract for selling or renting? I guess you'll have a definite date for your departure pretty soon then?

Never heard of that rum. Sounds like a winner, though.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:46 AM   #132
kdscoates
Beastly Adventurer

Hey Flux Same B-day Couldn't Go To Devils Creek With Ya Remember?
Any Way I Am In For Sunday As Lons As All Goes Well This Week My Wife Is In Career Change Mode So Sometimes I May Have To Help Here At The Last Minute But All Is Clear As Of Now And I Loce Canada Creek But Not A Good Place To Be By Yourself If Things Go Bad

And Yes As Far As I Know All Is Legal There Is Alway 4 Wheelers And Dirt Bikes And Horses At There Riding And Has Been For Years The Only Time I Have Got Ran Out Was When The Ranger Use The Area For Drills!!

CONGRATS DAGS THAT SHOULD HELP ON THE DEPART DATE SO WE CAN PLAN A GET THE HELL RID OF THE CRAZY AUSSIE C*NT PARTY DATE SET UP BUT NOT MARCH 3 I GOT ANOTHER B DAY THAT WEEKEND

Old 01-21-2007, 08:53 AM   #133
kdscoates
Beastly Adventurer

WILLY -B THE ROCKET AND LUCKY

Old 01-21-2007, 08:56 AM   #134
kdscoates
Beastly Adventurer

[quote=flux_capacitor

We ought to plan on eating at Dale's for lunch. I am going through withdrawals.

[/quote]

I WILL CALL DALE AND CHECK OUT THE MENU FOR SUNDAY LETS HOPE FOR CORN DOGS AND CHILLI!!!

Old 01-21-2007, 11:10 AM   #135
Dags
I'm not British

Oddometer: 1,240
Yep Flux the contract is on the house for sale - but you know how these things go, could all turn to shit If it goes through then I'll come up with a definiate date to POQ (piss of quick).

Coates - was wondering can you select different channels with your bike to bike. I'm in the process of installing an intaride bike to bike on my klr - was wondering if it would work
Dags is offline   Reply With Quote