User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2007, 03:10 PM   #1
MarkN OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,958
The Good Digs Guide

Mods, can we have a sticky in the Europe section on recommended hotels, bed and breakfasts and camp sites please?

We are always on the road and if anyone has stayed somewhere and feels that it's any good and would like to share then we could use this thread.

Mark
Old 01-08-2007, 06:35 PM   #2
c00k!e
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28

I'm all for, it would really be nice to have some first hand info on such stuff. Would need some organization, so that you can find what your looking for. IMO

Great idea!

miha
c00k!e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 07:58 PM   #3
flying_hun
Moral Hazard

Oddometer: 298
French Alps

Stayed at a place last summer that I loved called the Hotel Beausejour in Montaimont, not far from La Chambre. Nice folks, good food, great views, secure moto parking, and a lovely, quiet village.

Cheers,

TheFlyinghun Blog

EuroBARF 2014
flying_hun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 02:13 AM   #4
Cooltours
Rider of passion

Oddometer: 1,475
Love this Idea! To make it easy to handle, search and collect, let's agree for a terminology for that:

Country-Code; City; Region;
HOTEL NAME; www.contactdata.xy
Price/Person;
Notes

Sample:

F; Rencurel; Grenoble/Vercors/Savoie
HÔTEL LE MARRONNIER; http://www.hotellemarronnier.com
EUR 55.00/person July-Sept;
Phantastic location close to Gorges de la Bourne. Sympatic young Duch owners. Lots of "personality", no touristfabric. ~10 rooms ** equiped rooms but clean and quiet. Pool, great beer-garden, garage for the bikes, plenty of tour-suggestions availlable.
Cole de la Bataille, Col de la Croix and many others very close. The "Big ones" in reachable distance (Col d'Izoard, Col du Galibier, Col de la Bonnette etc.)
Cooltours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 03:20 AM   #5
PhilSpace
The Gov

Oddometer: 35,076
Not a bad idea If it looks like anyone is coming in to it, please let me know and I will clean it up.
PhilSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 11:36 AM   #6
Cooltours
Rider of passion

Oddometer: 1,475
CH, Celerina/St. Moritz, Graubuenden
Hotel Misani; http://www.hotelmisani.ch/
Single Occupation from CHF 135.00, double occupation from CHF 150
Sorry, it's very expensive. I wouldn't mention that hotel if it realy wouldn't be vveeeeery very stylish and cool. It's worth staying there for a night, only don't just go there to sleep. Make sure you're be there early. It's one great experiance! Satin-Bedsheets, Mini-Car-Racetrack, DVD, Breakfast untill 4 in the afternoon... It's a real experience far from the normal. The service is young and fresh, makes one realy feel home imediately. The kitchen is one event by itself!
Cooltours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 08:31 AM   #7
Koffie
R1150GS / TDM850

Oddometer: 53
Two recommendations:
Fr; Languedoc Roussillon; Lunas
Camping Rendezvous Moto; http://www.camping-rendezvous-moto.com/
8 euro's per person (bring your own tent, but rental tents for 10 euro's and that includes a matras and blanket)
Had a very good stay at this place two years ago, bikers only at this place. Has a nice pool, bar and a good kitchen. Diner is at a set time and you order your place during the day, there's no choice in food. Like the food and get a place at the table, don't like it go somewhere else.
The crowd is very mixed, big hairy bikers and white collar bikers are treated the same.

Fr; Dordogne; St Aubin de Nabirat
Camping Moto; http://www.motocamp.com
8 euro's per person for a campsite (bring your own tent) and 12 euro's per person for a cabin (bring your own sleepingbag)
Very nice campsite, more quiet then Rendezvous but bikers only as well. Has everything you would need, swimmingpool, bar and excellent kitchen. Spent only one night here but first impression was good.

Both sites are owned and run by dutchmen, so I might be biased but if you're in the area and looking for a place to sleep these are deffinitely worth it.
Koffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 12:59 PM   #8
rallybug
Local Yokel

Oddometer: 8,099
I've just overnighted in the Cairndoon B&B in Dumfries, Scotland.

Run by a nice woman (Margaret), there's no en-suites, but I was in a triple on my own, and the breakfast included cereal, toast, full cooked, orange juice and tea/coffee.

£20 for the night wasn't bad.

Cairndoon
14 Newall Terrace
DUMFRIES
DG1 1LW

01387 256991

My Ride Reports
rallybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 02:00 PM   #9
riderbob
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 956
Bike Camping and Bike Hotels

Budapest, Hungary
http://www.bikercamp.hu/

Groendijk, Belgium (near Brugge)
Motorcycle Loft Hotel
http://www.grd.be/motorhotel/

Stayed at both of these places last August. Highly recommended!
Old 01-19-2007, 10:32 AM   #10
dodger
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koffie
Two recommendations:
Fr; Languedoc Roussillon; Lunas
Camping Rendezvous Moto; http://www.camping-rendezvous-moto.com/
8 euro's per person (bring your own tent, but rental tents for 10 euro's and that includes a matras and blanket)
Had a very good stay at this place two years ago, bikers only at this place. Has a nice pool, bar and a good kitchen. Diner is at a set time and you order your place during the day, there's no choice in food. Like the food and get a place at the table, don't like it go somewhere else.
The crowd is very mixed, big hairy bikers and white collar bikers are treated the same.

Fr; Dordogne; St Aubin de Nabirat
Camping Moto; http://www.motocamp.com
8 euro's per person for a campsite (bring your own tent) and 12 euro's per person for a cabin (bring your own sleepingbag)
Very nice campsite, more quiet then Rendezvous but bikers only as well. Has everything you would need, swimmingpool, bar and excellent kitchen. Spent only one night here but first impression was good.

Both sites are owned and run by dutchmen, so I might be biased but if you're in the area and looking for a place to sleep these are deffinitely worth it.
lunas is a great place to stop, and it doesnt matter where you come from you will be made very welcome, i had a great stop for 5 days on route to spain, (one tip, dont put ya tent anywhere near the bar if you wanna sleep)
dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 01:31 PM   #11
Martigo
Kreisverkehrfahrer

Oddometer: 270
Germany --- Villa Loewenherz

This is a special place only for bikers.

You will have more informations on:

www.villa-loewenherz.de

don´t miss it. We stayed in, two times a year. A realy cool place to stay.
Between the weekends they have special rates, 125 Euro/5days incl. breakfast+dinner. Serveral very good roadbook trips are available 100-350km.

Let me know if you will stay. I´m 120 km away of Lauenförde.

Nice regards from "Küntrop"

Martigo
---------

KTM 950 S
Martigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 09:02 PM   #12
bavarian
bavarian

Oddometer: 1,766
Wonder why nobody recommends the lovely Hotel Progresso in Pieve di Cadore. It's in the best tradition of the 20ies. Charming concierge and the riding in the area is awesome.
bavarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 06:36 AM   #13
alexd
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
Hi mate. If you have to go to Italy, north Italy, give me a call. I will be a pleasure for me giving you some advices especially for DOLOMITI, or for a ride togheter.
Let me know,

Cheers

Alex

(info@rtwride.com)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkN
Mods, can we have a sticky in the Europe section on recommended hotels, bed and breakfasts and camp sites please?

We are always on the road and if anyone has stayed somewhere and feels that it's any good and would like to share then we could use this thread.

Mark
alexd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 01:03 PM   #14
MarkN OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,958
Hotel Del Oso - Picos De Europa

I was recommended this hotel after meeting a Spainish biker new Gibraltar. It's right in the middle of the Picos in a village called Cosgaya. Rooms are about €65 and are clean and well appointed. The resturant is something else though with fantastic food and huge portions. If you getting the ferry the next day it's worth staying in on your last night as it's only about 70 miles from Santander.

http://www.hoteldeloso.com/hotel3/

MarkN screwed with this post 09-21-2008 at 02:45 AM
MarkN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 10:25 AM   #15
Knighthawk
Sofa King Bueno

Oddometer: 21,840
Germany; Garmisch-Partenkirchen; Bavaria

HOTEL NAME; Edelweiss Lodge and Resort

Price/Person; Varies by rank/grade

Notes: Edelweiss Lodge and Resort authorized patrons include United States active-duty military members, military retirees, military reservists, national guardsmen, current Department of Defense civilian employees assigned to EUCOM, foreign military currently on orders assigned to a U.S. military installation and the family members of authorized patrons. NATO military members currently assigned to duty in Germany are eligible and must present an AE Form 600-700 (USAREUR Privilege and Identification Card) upon check-in.

"Make sure you got clean underwear," Mom always said. I always figured that'd be the least of my worries, but now I'm older, I see there's a lot you can't control and some you can control and clean underwear is one of those you can...for the most part.
Knighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote