Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-13-2007, 08:56 PM   #136
blacksan
Rev Limiter

Oddometer: 4,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photog
I'll post pics of it tomorrow! When I get back into it, that's probably what I'm going to start out with.

I spent about 20 minutes trying to find info on the web about it--that model is long gone and all I found pics for were the 3-wheeled K2. The thing has vanished from the face of the earth...but before they did they were fetching pretty good money on ebay.

It's essentially a longboard with a "pole" up front, which allows you to either use it for stability as a n00b, or do more advanced stuff with carving, or you can remove it.

Purists would probably rather die than be seen on it (I took the pole off so I'd be more cool...then put it back on because it works well) but it's sorta perfect for our Geriatric Sk8 Gang here. Confidence-inspiring, but still competent for more advanced stuff.
I feel better now as I could not find any info about it at all. Anywho, I am confering with a person light years beyond me on a longboard setup. If all goes well I will be surfing soon.
blacksan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 08:57 PM   #137
Photog
Charismatic Megafauna

Oddometer: 46,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksan
I feel better now as I could not find any info about it at all. Anywho, I am confering with a person light years beyond me on a longboard setup. If all goes well I will be surfing soon.
I can't wait to see pics and hear about it!
Photog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 08:57 PM   #138
Zodiac
loosely portrayed

Oddometer: 31,539
Quote:

It's essentially a longboard with a "pole" up front, which allows you to either use it for stability as a n00b, or do more advanced stuff with carving, or you can remove it.

Purists would probably rather die than be seen on it (I took the pole off so I'd be more cool...then put it back on because it works well) but it's sorta perfect for our Geriatric Sk8 Gang here. Confidence-inspiring, but still competent for more advanced stuff.
Is there room on that pole for a GPS?

Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 08:58 PM   #139
Photog
Charismatic Megafauna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry
Is there room on that pole for a GPS?

That, and a set of PIAA's, and I'm set.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:04 PM   #140
blacksan
Rev Limiter

Quote:
I can't wait to see pics and hear about it!
I will try my best. Geez, the last time I surfed concrete was on steel wheels.
On the lighter side I shocked the shit out of the Segway rep because I hoped right on and kicked ass from the start. Does that mean that I am just a tard, or have just a sliver of skilz?
Old 01-15-2007, 11:43 AM   #141
snoid
100% Okie

Oddometer: 28,255
great skate movie...

wassup rockers...

directed by larry clark,

me

http://www.wassuprockers.net/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGnhy...elated&search=

snoid screwed with this post 01-15-2007 at 01:23 PM
snoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 12:24 PM   #142
mtguy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbasa
That's totally cool. I lived in Poway in the early 70s. I went to Meadowbrook, then Twin Peaks and then Poway High.

Most kids had a skateboard, so it's pretty cool to see they put in a park.

Right on.
Very cool dude, i went to meadowbrook in the '80s and graduated form Poway High in '92. If you attended Meadowbrook in the '70's you probably know who my dad is, he was a teacher there back then.
mtguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 06:36 PM   #143
sAMOa
Rip Me a Good One

Oddometer: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtguy
Very cool dude, i went to meadowbrook in the '80s and graduated form Poway High in '92. If you attended Meadowbrook in the '70's you probably know who my dad is, he was a teacher there back then.
this last week, poway has been under 30F .. even got down to 24F !!!!

town is still springing up new auto dealerships and Espola rd is festooned with pro sports people.

tony gwynns a local here and recently an off duty cop shot a charger near scripps ranch area.

i'm eating often at this shop. www.powaytacoshop.com and I still need to update the website www.powayskate.com

here's a big hello from one POWEEENEEE!!

hellllllllo
Chris Yandall
sAMOa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 06:57 PM   #144
kbasa
Colnago!

Oddometer: 66,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtguy

That rocks. What'd he teach?

Jeez, I'd love to move back. We lived on Rostrata, over in Green Valley, right at the base of Mountain View. When we first moved there, we lived on Cresta, over in RB.

My wife and I visited there a couple years ago and I was really surprised at how much it was developed. All that land on the other side of Espola used to be empty land. There were some big fires across the road from the high school and I remember sitting in the stands with the band (yeah, band freak here) watching the fire engines up on the hill while the game was going on.

Fuck Cancer. Ride bikes. - dave + tina
kbasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 09:02 AM   #145
sAMOa
Rip Me a Good One

Oddometer: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbasa
My wife and I visited there a couple years ago and I was really surprised at how much it was developed. All that land on the other side of Espola used to be empty land. There were some big fires across the road from the high school and I remember sitting in the stands with the band (yeah, band freak here) watching the fire engines up on the hill while the game was going on.
hehehehhe. i had front seats to the fire that almost burned poway down.
www.powayfire.com

I also host and do this site for the friends of www.goodanranch.org

Cheers
cYa
sAMOa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 09:17 AM   #146
kbasa
Colnago!

Oddometer: 66,562
Holy cow!

Fuck Cancer. Ride bikes. - dave + tina
kbasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 09:21 AM   #147
Photog
Charismatic Megafauna

Quote:
Here's the pics of the K2 kickboard I promised.

The pole isn't for pushing, like a push-scooter, but for a bit of stability. Great for n00bs or for a few tricks when you want to make sure the board stays with you.

it's got a lot of proprietary hardware on it--wheels and trucks--so it's not the board I want to wear out first.

it's SWMBO's board...I bought it for her so she could skate with me, though I've had a blast on it, too. Very sweet ride for cruising and carving, especially on those big downhill parking lots where you've got a lot of room to carry some uphill momentum.

It'll be a while before I can skate again but I'm looking forward to it. This'll probably be the board I start off on.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:35 AM   #148
blacksan
Rev Limiter

Quote:
Here's the pics of the K2 kickboard I promised.
That is a real cool looking board. I wonder why they stoped producing them? On a happy not I am getting closer too owning a new to me longboard. When I get things ironed out I will post a pre and post crash pic.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:50 AM   #149
Photog
Charismatic Megafauna

Quote:
That is a real cool looking board. I wonder why they stoped producing them? On a happy not I am getting closer too owning a new to me longboard. When I get things ironed out I will post a pre and post crash pic.
Dunno...looks like it was expensive to produce. I guess it never caught on, probably because purists didn't like the pole thingey. But it's a heck of a fun board, and I think it would sell pretty well to folks like us.

They also made this, which is more scooter-like:

Old 01-18-2007, 12:07 PM   #150
mtguy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sAMOa
this last week, poway has been under 30F .. even got down to 24F !!!!

town is still springing up new auto dealerships and Espola rd is festooned with pro sports people.

tony gwynns a local here and recently an off duty cop shot a charger near scripps ranch area.

i'm eating often at this shop. www.powaytacoshop.com and I still need to update the website www.powayskate.com

here's a big hello from one POWEEENEEE!!

hellllllllo
Chris Yandall
I know the taco shop, used to eat there myself, good food, good prices. Is the pizza place a couple doors down still there? A girl i dated my senior year at PHS lived next door to Tony...i worked at the taco bell in Poway and saw him at the drive through a few times too. I do miss the weather at times...it might get up to 24 degrees here today!
mtguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: