ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2007, 11:00 PM   #16
Mugwest

Oddometer: 5,803
Heretic checking in here: if that broken-tab switch is not leaking, and you don't have time or facilities to pull the trans to replace (the proper/advised way to be sure), solder up a 1 inch long jumper wire with male terminals on each end and jump that switch. You can then start the bike in any gear, which gets interesting if you try to crank the bike in gear on its sidestand (ahh, youth). If you do choose to crank on the sidestand in 1st gear, it's best to have your mother watching all this. The laughter is priceless. Your mom will hear language emitted from her child that she never dreamed possible.

This neutral switch jumper wire is a very temporary fix, and you will have to get masterful right-quick with learning when you are in neutral, as your Neutral light will be on all the time.

But pull the trans and lube the splines, swingarm pivots, clutch throwout brg, change the swingarm boot etc if you have facilities to do so. You prolly need to do all this stuff anyway.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:22 AM   #17
SUVslayer OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 728
And here I was thinking I could just pull the switch cap and replace it I never imagined this little bugger would transpire a rear end break down. Thanks for all the input everybody!
SUVslayer is offline   Reply With Quote