ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-28-2008, 11:10 AM   #301
xtphreak
from B4 "adventure bikes"
 
xtphreak's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Back in WNC
Oddometer: 7,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy
thanks xtphreak ! If'n you could post the part # I would appreciate it .
XT600E front sprocket 14 tooth
JTF 577.14 = Tucker Rocky part #249083 (1 in the US in Chicago)

XT600E front sprocket 15 tooth
JTF 577.15 = Tucker Rocky part #249329 (2 in TX, 1 in PA)

call your local shops and see who's a Tucker Rocky Distributer, have them order the appropriate one for you.

If you need another one, TR's number is 800-347-1010, call them with the JT# and they can give you the TR# and stock situation.



yer welcome
__________________
Do one thing every day that scares you. Baz Luhrmann
Women and cats will do as they please,
and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
Robert A. Heinlen
Adventure is discomfort recounted at leisure. Flash / GSWayne
Chrome don't get ya home. Rob Nye
Stamp Out Hoplophobia in Our lifetimes.
1999 Tiger 885
1995 XT600E
xtphreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 11:14 AM   #302
RaY YreKa
I Am the Mayor
 
RaY YreKa's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: YreKa BaKery
Oddometer: 16,136
I'm considering bidding on this on ebay uk. Opinions welcome:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA:IT&ih=012
__________________
IBA #40578

shine on, you crazy emo diamond
RaY YreKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:53 AM   #303
roswellj
ARGHventurer
 
roswellj's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Castlemaine Australia
Oddometer: 802
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray_rev
I'm considering bidding on this on ebay uk. Opinions welcome:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA:IT&ih=012
Damn how come everything is so cheap on UK ebay?? I'd go for it at that price deffinatly.
Did you know you can get a second hand aston martin on uk ebay a few years old for about $70,000 less than the exact same one over here in australia? Man I wish we had the same volume of cars and bikes come into this country, then people wouldn't be able to sell them for as much.
But yeah the bike looks good and a good price. Just be wary buying any vehicle off ebay if you haven't seen it. I bought my jaguar off ebay and love it dearly, however there were a few things that were left out of the orriginal listing, luckily I had the brains to say either drop the price or I walk away. Be prepared to do the same when you see the bike for the first time.
__________________
2012 Triumph Sprint GT
2010 Tenere xt660z (Gone)
2002 yamaha xt600e (Gone)
And god said unto moses come forth... but he came fifth and won a teapot
roswellj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 09:18 AM   #304
Olas
the darkness
 
Olas's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Englewood, CO
Oddometer: 3,945
Anyone XT owners here have an extra oil pump, or oil pump parts lying around that they might want to sell? I have a '92 model. I mostly just need the plastic gear that drives the pump but a whole assembly wouldn't hurt either. Thanks.
__________________
Rebuild threads:
'92 XT600, '87 XR250R
Lighten up, Francis.
Olas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 02:16 PM   #305
Zecatfish
XTique Rider
 
Zecatfish's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Arkansas USA
Oddometer: 7,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olas Altas
Anyone XT owners here have an extra oil pump, or oil pump parts lying around that they might want to sell? I have a '92 model. I mostly just need the plastic gear that drives the pump but a whole assembly wouldn't hurt either. Thanks.
Theres quiite a few engine parts on fleabay right now. Might email the seller of the tranny on there right now.
__________________
Google Earth GPS Howto (still a work in progress) use USGS TOPO Maps to layout trails.
http://home.windstream.net/catfish/GPS


The Early Bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
https://sites.google.com/site/ozarkadventuretours/

Zecatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 08:52 AM   #306
Olas
the darkness
 
Olas's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Englewood, CO
Oddometer: 3,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zecatfish
Theres quiite a few engine parts on fleabay right now. Might email the seller of the tranny on there right now.
Thanks for the heads up.. Anyone know if the oil pump out of a '83 600 will fit a '92?

edit: just found out it will, they are exactly the same.
__________________
Rebuild threads:
'92 XT600, '87 XR250R
Lighten up, Francis.

Olas screwed with this post 08-30-2008 at 09:06 AM
Olas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 08:32 AM   #307
DharmaDude
n00b
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Oddometer: 5
Just bought 1990 XT600, CHERRY!

Hey guys,
Well, I have moved from the Honda XL600 forum, sold that bike. Like it, but it was an 1987 with no electric start & once it got warm (even sitting in a parking lot at work all day) it would not start unless pushed. That got to be a real drag! Now I have a 1990 Yamaha XT600, its in great shape, people keep asking me if its a brand new bike.
Hope to get to iknow you guys, looks like you have some nice biks of your own.
Take care,
DharmaDude

P.S
Have a photo, it too large to post here, will figure something out.
DharmaDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 05:12 AM   #308
kmikec
Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Oddometer: 12
Anyone have a good used header pipe they want to sell. There was one on ebay that I missed out on the other night. My bike is a 84 XT600.
The part # is 34k-1 , I think that it was used for several years.....thanks
kmikec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 06:01 PM   #309
nobody
motomaniac
 
nobody's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Newington CT
Oddometer: 1,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmikec
Anyone have a good used header pipe they want to sell. There was one on ebay that I missed out on the other night. My bike is a 84 XT600.
The part # is 34k-1 , I think that it was used for several years.....thanks
I have the whole 86 XT and the header has about 10 miles on it.Brand new from BB It could be yours if it fits
I`m in CT
Peace
Just looked at it and has stamped 34K-1 on it.Let me know If you still need it
__________________
Everything happens for a reason!

nobody screwed with this post 09-02-2008 at 06:43 PM
nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 06:05 PM   #310
Zecatfish
XTique Rider
 
Zecatfish's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Arkansas USA
Oddometer: 7,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmikec
Anyone have a good used header pipe they want to sell. There was one on ebay that I missed out on the other night. My bike is a 84 XT600.
The part # is 34k-1 , I think that it was used for several years.....thanks
I'm the guilty one, I bought it, looked like new and the one on my XT550 is a rusty POS, plus I wanted to see if it will fit, cause I'm working on getting a Stainless Steel unit made. I get my stainless made I'll toss it on the flea market.
__________________
Google Earth GPS Howto (still a work in progress) use USGS TOPO Maps to layout trails.
http://home.windstream.net/catfish/GPS


The Early Bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
https://sites.google.com/site/ozarkadventuretours/

Zecatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 08:09 PM   #311
kmikec
Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Oddometer: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zecatfish
I'm the guilty one, I bought it, looked like new and the one on my XT550 is a rusty POS, plus I wanted to see if it will fit, cause I'm working on getting a Stainless Steel unit made. I get my stainless made I'll toss it on the flea market.

Yea , it looked like a nice set. Just give a shout if you decide no to use them................thanks
kmikec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 06:37 PM   #312
acupuncture4u
Freedom by knobbies
 
acupuncture4u's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Denver, Colorado
Oddometer: 1,372
Wanted to buy- Speedo GEAR UNIT ASSY-

I have no speedo and upon inspection on the front wheel I have a rusty axle and the gear unit assembly is completely rusted out and won't budge. The piece inside with 3 prongs still spins but the gears are rusted. It would be nice to know how fast I'm going so I'm looking for a replacement. Just not sure what else I might need to order since the axle itself is rusty and one set of bearings is pitted.

In earlier posts I mentioned I have an 86- correction it's an 87.

Bikebandit.com wants $60 for it. For that price should I just buy a newer digital type guage? How much are they?

Thanks,

Dustin
__________________
(((((((((RIDE)))))))))
www.betterthanyoufoundit.org At Least 1 piece!


How is your Heart Health
acupuncture4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 07:04 AM   #313
wolfhoundaddy
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: prescott, arizona
Oddometer: 105
just checking

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody
I have the whole 86 XT and the header has about 10 miles on it.Brand new from BB It could be yours if it fits
I`m in CT
Peace
Just looked at it and has stamped 34K-1 on it.Let me know If you still need it
How's the strip down going? Still hoping to get the right side engine cover from you. Later Dave.
wolfhoundaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 08:23 PM   #314
nobody
motomaniac
 
nobody's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Newington CT
Oddometer: 1,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhoundaddy
How's the strip down going? Still hoping to get the right side engine cover from you. Later Dave.
As a matter fact I took the cover off last night however the oil filter cover does NOT bolt into it.It bolts onto the right carter wich of course implies taking the whole engine apart.I have no experience splitting that motor so it will take me a bit longer than expected.The oil leak came actually from a loose oil-drain plug that I could not see with the bash-plate on it

Peace
Claudio
__________________
Everything happens for a reason!
nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:01 PM   #315
wolfhoundaddy
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: prescott, arizona
Oddometer: 105
hmmm, have to look at mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody
As a matter fact I took the cover off last night however the oil filter cover does NOT bolt into it.It bolts onto the right carter wich of course implies taking the whole engine apart.I have no experience splitting that motor so it will take me a bit longer than expected.The oil leak came actually from a loose oil-drain plug that I could not see with the bash-plate on it

Peace
Claudio
wonder what (if any) difference we have. I'll take a picture of mine and email it to you. Thanks for the effort. dave.
wolfhoundaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014