Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 444 votes, 4.99 average. Display Modes
Old 01-30-2010, 07:25 AM   #2266
jfone
n00b

Oddometer: 1
QUALITY Watch Repair - Florida

If you have to ship out a watch for repair, I would recommend Frazier Jewelers in Jacksonville FL to anyone: http://frazierjewelers.com/2101.html
904-388-7788

They have done some repair work on my antique watches & are reasonable & very thorough. I've been a customer of theirs for 30 years & no matter what I've had them do, it's been top notch work. ~Jen

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmaaatin
Thanks D/S--
Local repair is not reality here. I am 200+ miles from a town of significance and rarely get to either of them--mail order repair is what I am largely left with.

I had touched upon a couple repair facitlites through an internet search, but was hoping someone would say, "THIS ONE" is good folks.
jfone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 03:42 PM   #2267
Zodiac
loosely portrayed

Oddometer: 31,652
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...5#post12137835
1992 BMW K100 transmission housing
2014 Box of General Tso's Chicken with Xtra spice
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 04:04 PM   #2268
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer: 33,311
A good budy just gave me this

Anyone recognize what it is? Not you ted!

Sniper X screwed with this post 02-11-2010 at 04:46 PM
Sniper X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 04:08 PM   #2269
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer: 33,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by RatBob
Not small, but not really big either, unless you go by waist measurement. 7 1/4" wrist. My biggest watches are about 44mm. This one is about 42mm, and definitely not a lady's watch.

That isn't big, this is big.

52mm Russian Diver GMT

and I have small wrists.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:09 PM   #2270
tslewisz
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper X
Anyone recognize what it is? Not you ted!

One of Harold's or a Mk II?
tslewisz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:12 PM   #2271
tslewisz
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper X
That isn't big, this is big.

52mm Russian Diver GMT

and I have small wrists.
I think you've mentioned that Invicta before. Cool watch. Thx for sharing the pic. Is it a manual?
tslewisz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:23 PM   #2272
ScottDill
TANSTAAFL

Oddometer: 4,249
Speedmaster

OK - I haven't read this thread.........yet

I've had this Submariner for about 12 years. I love it. It was always my dream watch and I've been happy ever since.....

...... that said, my number 2 watch has always been the Omega Speedmaster......what is the consensus on this one? I guess an automatic SS one can be had for ~$2k? Anything I should know?

ScottDill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:26 PM   #2273
Chopperman
I am dead

Oddometer: 27,033
I know it isnt what you were looking for but...I think they both are too similar in style. Why not go for something different?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scodill
OK - I haven't read this thread.........yet

I've had this Submariner for about 12 years. I love it. It was always my dream watch and I've been happy ever since.....

...... that said, my number 2 watch has always been the Omega Speedmaster......what is the consensus on this one? I guess an automatic SS one can be had for ~$2k? Anything I should know?

Old 02-11-2010, 07:43 PM   #2274
tomski12
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 452
Quote:

The Speedmaster is a nice watch but I'm not a fan of the subdials. Too busy. I had the chance to buy a brand new in box, stainless, black faced, Daytona last year from an authorized dealer. No mark up or shake down fee. I passed on it because I found it too difficult to tell time, at a glance.

After having obsessed over a new watch for 3 years, I ended up getting a great deal on this.

Old 02-11-2010, 07:46 PM   #2275
ScottDill
TANSTAAFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopperman
I know it isnt what you were looking for but...I think they both are too similar in style. Why not go for something different?
Sure they look similar, but functionally they are quite a bit different. I guess SS sportwatches are just my style. I don't mind paying top dollar for a fine mechanical watch, but I do cringe at adding several thousand dollars to add precious metal to it. The Sub is definitely my watch, wanted one since I was a boy...afterall James Bond wore one before there were paid product placements ......

I've had the Rolex for a while now........I'm just thinking of adding another time piece to the rotation.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:51 PM   #2276
Chopperman
I am dead

Oddometer: 27,033
Quote:
Sure they look similar, but functionally they are quite a bit different. I guess SS sportwatches are just my style. I don't mind paying top dollar for a fine mechanical watch, but I do cringe at adding several thousand dollars to add precious metal to it. The Sub is definitely my watch, wanted one since I was a boy...afterall James Bond wore one before there were paid product placements ......

I've had the Rolex for a while now........I'm just thinking of adding another time piece to the rotation.

Hey, no worries. Its your watch, not mine. I dont quite travel in the 2k range on price and I wasnt sure I would actually wear a watch after well over 20 years of not doing so...but I bought a victorinox that is a sibling to that omega in the looks department. I figured I could pass on a great deal to someone if I didnt like it. But as it turned out, I do. Turns out I use the stopwatch functions more than I thought I would. The only thing missing that would be nice for my current job would be a 24-hour dial set to GMT
Old 02-11-2010, 07:54 PM   #2277
ScottDill
TANSTAAFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomski12
The Speedmaster is a nice watch but I'm not a fan of the subdials. Too busy. I had the chance to buy a brand new in box, stainless, black faced, Daytona last year from an authorized dealer. No mark up or shake down fee. I passed on it because I found it too difficult to tell time, at a glance.

After having obsessed over a new watch for 3 years, I ended up getting a great deal on this.

Don't see many green bezels, that's pretty cool.

The coolest Submariner I ever saw looked exactly lke mine, but was white gold An extra $10,000 and can't even show off....

ScottDill screwed with this post 02-11-2010 at 08:00 PM
Old 02-11-2010, 08:00 PM   #2278
ScottDill
TANSTAAFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopperman
Hey, no worries. Its your watch, not mine. I dont quite travel in the 2k range on price and I wasnt sure I would actually wear a watch after well over 20 years of not doing so...but I bought a victorinox that is a sibling to that omega in the looks department. I figured I could pass on a great deal to someone if I didnt like it. But as it turned out, I do. Turns out I use the stopwatch functions more than I thought I would. The only thing missing that would be nice for my current job would be a 24-hour dial set to GMT
That's cool. Here's my gadget watch, a solar charging Casio Protrek. Stopwatch, compass, thermometer and pressure sensor (used or altimeter and barometer).

Breitling make some nice watches with the 24 hour dial.....favored by pilots, but VERY nice.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:01 PM   #2279
Zodiac
loosely portrayed

Oddometer: 31,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomski12

That's the one sub I like, the anniversary edition (kermit). I hope you paid under 4200 USD in that great deal. That (and lower) is what they're going for here from authorized dealers.

I came very close to getting that but opted for the GMT anniversary edition instead.
1992 BMW K100 transmission housing
2014 Box of General Tso's Chicken with Xtra spice
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 08:05 PM   #2280
ScottDill
TANSTAAFL

I just noticed that you can tell I took the pictures of my watches just before I posted them.........struck me as funny

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: