Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 308 votes, 4.98 average. Display Modes
Old 11-29-2012, 02:54 PM   #5251
Codewheeney
Hoopy Frood

Oddometer: 2,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfd70 View Post
Had an idea, kinda stolen from the pui world tour thing. I have a Hamilton Khaki field auto that just got bumped out of the rotation. I hate to think of it sitting in a drawer going to waste. You guys interested in passing it around for a year, snapping some photos and seeing what happens? What I had in mind was: 1. Receive it 2. Wear it around for a week or so. Get a picture of it doing something intereting (base jumping, beer drinking, consorting with women with questionable morals). Pass it to another inmate (Preferably someone with a few posts. I'd hate for it to get "lost"). I was thinking of starting the first week of January, and seeing how far it could get by Christmas of 13. Opinions?
As an owner of a Hamilton Khaki auto, I think this is a great idea.

I recently went from "I like watches" to "Let me bore you with details of this Column Wheel Chronograph", this sounds like fun.

My only concern would be making sure people were shipping it sufficiently well insured.

I'm in if it happens!

Oblig wrist shot:

JC

Plays in traffic.
Codewheeney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:05 PM   #5252
bfd70
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 723
[QUOTE=Codewheeney;20144194]As an owner of a Hamilton Khaki auto, I think this is a great idea.

I recently went from "I like watches" to "Let me bore you with details of this Column Wheel Chronograph", this sounds like fun.

My only concern would be making sure people were shipping it sufficiently well insured.

I'm in if it happens!

Oblig wrist shot:

I'm not overly concerned about the insurance. I've found watch shipping can get pricey if insured for a value. The last watch I shipped to Alabama cost $75 ups. I accept the fact that the watch may get lost, stolen, or blown up. If a few more peple reply in the affirmative, I will look into geting a band for it. It's on a braclet now, that is sized for my narrow wrist. That being said, if anyone has a Nato strap they'd like to throw in, you can be the first recipient.
bfd70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:20 PM   #5253
Codewheeney
Hoopy Frood

Oddometer: 2,585
Quote:
I'm not overly concerned about the insurance. I've found watch shipping can get pricey if insured for a value. The last watch I shipped to Alabama cost $75 ups. I accept the fact that the watch may get lost, stolen, or blown up. If a few more peple reply in the affirmative, I will look into geting a band for it. It's on a braclet now, that is sized for my narrow wrist. That being said, if anyone has a Nato strap they'd like to throw in, you can be the first recipient.
I'm definitely in, and I love Nato straps (though I don't have one handy), that's a great idea.

JC

Plays in traffic.
Codewheeney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:42 PM   #5254
Hardware02
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,117
Just a thought...

Instead of shipping it, inmates relay it (preferably by bike but if it's up north in winter by cage) to each other.

Say, up to a 1 day ride (could be longer if the inmates involved have the time) - inmates meet, have a coffee or a bite to eat and pass the watch onto the next wrist.

With people meeting face-to-face it's less likely to grow legs as well IMO.

I'd be in...

BTW, ST-N has the same thing going with a plush toy named Chili.
Hardware02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:59 PM   #5255
bfd70
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 723
While I like the ride and pass idea, the watch is starting in Chicago. It'l be too cold for my skinny ass to ride until at least March!
bfd70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:01 PM   #5256
Hardware02
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
While I like the ride and pass idea, the watch is starting in Chicago. It'l be too cold for my skinny ass to ride until at least March!
Or cage (I already allowed for that).
Old 11-29-2012, 05:21 PM   #5257
petepuma
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 326

Cool idea...Where's Hamilton....i would like to participate, top of Pikes Peak would be a good spot for it.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-29-2012, 06:30 PM   #5258
Hardware02
Beastly Adventurer

Likin' this...

Old 11-29-2012, 07:40 PM   #5259
Ze Red Baron
Adventure seeker

Oddometer: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardware02 View Post
Likin' this...

yep - ordered one last week. They start shipping out end of next week
www.ars-natura.com
Ze Red Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:16 AM   #5260
Xeraux
Archvillain

Oddometer: 30,893
Quote:
Originally Posted by k7 View Post
I suspect that's fairly typical for most Rolex owners.

That's actually what my Rolex dealer told me to do. If it's keeping good time, don't send it off.

If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
Xeraux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:39 AM   #5261
Buccleuch
Resistance is futile.

Oddometer: 1,654
Quote:
Had an idea, kinda stolen from the pui world tour thing. I have a Hamilton Khaki field auto that just got bumped out of the rotation. I hate to think of it sitting in a drawer going to waste. You guys interested in passing it around for a year, snapping some photos and seeing what happens? What I had in mind was: 1. Receive it 2. Wear it around for a week or so. Get a picture of it doing something intereting (base jumping, beer drinking, consorting with women with questionable morals). Pass it to another inmate (Preferably someone with a few posts. I'd hate for it to get "lost"). I was thinking of starting the first week of January, and seeing how far it could get by Christmas of 13. Opinions?
VERY cool idea!

W.A.
Buccleuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:46 AM   #5262
anotherguy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,936
Quote:
I'd be into that.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:53 AM   #5263
TheOtherBart
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,820
Quote:
I'm in for a leg if you wanted to meet somewhere in the far western suburbs. Then maybe from S. Wisconsin would want to meet up with me next...
TheOtherBart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:02 AM   #5264
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer: 33,300
crappy celly pic but it is Green....

Old 11-30-2012, 09:03 AM   #5265
Prmurat
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 774
Just found this forum... I do collect watches (and cameras, bikes, knives and problems) and today I am wearing an older Zenith El Primero.... Bought at the Paris flea market 13 years ago, month and day in Italian (!); it is the older Valjoux movement (used in a simpler version in the old Rolex Daytona). Accurate when works, real difficult to have it repaired in the US (no parts). But I like its "non flashy" looks.
Prmurat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: