Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 252 votes, 4.98 average. Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 09:15 AM   #5266
bfd70
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfd70 View Post
Had an idea, kinda stolen from the pui world tour thing. I have a Hamilton Khaki field auto that just got bumped out of the rotation. I hate to think of it sitting in a drawer going to waste. You guys interested in passing it around for a year, snapping some photos and seeing what happens? What I had in mind was: 1. Receive it 2. Wear it around for a week or so. Get a picture of it doing something intereting (base jumping, beer drinking, consorting with women with questionable morals). Pass it to another inmate (Preferably someone with a few posts. I'd hate for it to get "lost"). I was thinking of starting the first week of January, and seeing how far it could get by Christmas of 13. Opinions?
Seems to me like we have a good enough number of inmates to start. I will put the watch on it's original leather strap and get a photo by the end of next week. I'm willing to meet up and hand off the watch to any inmates in N. Illinois. I'm also very open to shipping it via mail ( I'd like "Hamilton" to get out and see the world, not just the midwest). Question: Should we leave the game in "got a cool watch", or should we start "Hamilton's World Tour"?
First pm received will be the first recipient.
bfd70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:30 AM   #5267
Rick G
Ranger Rick

Oddometer: 1,880
Quote:
Seems to me like we have a good enough number of inmates to start. I will put the watch on it's original leather strap and get a photo by the end of next week. I'm willing to meet up and hand off the watch to any inmates in N. Illinois. I'm also very open to shipping it via mail ( I'd like "Hamilton" to get out and see the world, not just the midwest). Question: Should we leave the game in "got a cool watch", or should we start "Hamilton's World Tour"?
This sounds like fun. I would start another thread so it will be easy to follow.

I am taking a ski trip to Whistler in Brittish Columbia in Feb and volunteer right now to take the Hamilton with me. I plan on doing a day of heli skiing and will take a pic of it up in the heli and then down on the mountain skiing.

Rick G
Rick G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:38 AM   #5268
RomaDakota
Illuminatus

Oddometer: 1,332
Quote:
Can do - Kansas city area
Old 11-30-2012, 10:58 AM   #5269
Steptoe
steptoe

Oddometer: 2,452
Quote:
Can do London
Old 11-30-2012, 11:00 AM   #5270
Steptoe
steptoe

Oddometer: 2,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prmurat View Post
Just found this forum... I do collect watches (and cameras, bikes, knives and problems) and today I am wearing an older Zenith El Primero.... Bought at the Paris flea market 13 years ago, month and day in Italian (!); it is the older Valjoux movement (used in a simpler version in the old Rolex Daytona). Accurate when works, real difficult to have it repaired in the US (no parts). But I like its "non flashy" looks.

is this the 36,000 beats per hour model
Old 11-30-2012, 12:15 PM   #5271
bfd70
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick G View Post
This sounds like fun. I would start another thread so it will be easy to follow.

I am taking a ski trip to Whistler in Brittish Columbia in Feb and volunteer right now to take the Hamilton with me. I plan on doing a day of heli skiing and will take a pic of it up in the heli and then down on the mountain skiing.

Rick G
Sounds like we are off and running. theotherbart has volunteered for an in person handoff, so I will get it to him first. I will start a Mr. Hamilton sees the world thread as soon as I can. i will post an alert in this thread. Once an inmate has the watch, who he passes it along to will be at his discretion (as long as they are a member of advrider). That being said, Mr. Hamilton loves adventure and far off lands, so I encourage you to consider these facts when selecting the next wearer.
bfd70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:37 PM   #5272
Kokopelli
Yeah, right!

Oddometer: 4,517
I am happy to give it a go in New Zealand. However, it's a high crime area, a local jeweller was robbed and they grabbed all his Rolexes on display.
Kokopelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:38 PM   #5273
Buccleuch
Resistance is futile.

Oddometer: 1,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomiles View Post
All El Primero movements were high beat.
When Rolex used the El Primero in the Daytona, before they began using the in-house 4130 in 2000, Rolex dialed down the 36,000vph movement to a more sedate 28,800.

W.A.
Buccleuch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:09 PM   #5274
tslewisz
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,335
I recently watched a video (that accompanied a very good narrative from the owner of AZ Time) via WUS on the Seiko high beat. Mesmerising.
tslewisz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:05 PM   #5275
Hay Ewe
Just a Wannabe

Oddometer: 2,478
Hamilton can come to Cairns - Australia for a few days - he might even get further afield depending on work....
maybe he can come here after NZ?
GREAT idea!
will wait for thread!

Hay Ewe
He'd swear a lot, dance on the log cards, piss in Johnny's beer and head off to the nearest bar 🍷
Hay Ewe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:15 AM   #5276
marret
Transient

Oddometer: 217
Hamilton is welcome to visit Germany, after London would work.
marret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:30 AM   #5277
Hay Ewe
Just a Wannabe

Oddometer: 2,478
Went out for dinner this evening, the guy serving another table had this watch, I asked him to come over so we could have a look at it - sure he said. I explained about the thread and he said that tonight after work he was going to look it up! (yes I know its up side down but turn your monitor over)

$4 from E-bay

wonder / hope he see's this later

Hay Ewe
He'd swear a lot, dance on the log cards, piss in Johnny's beer and head off to the nearest bar 🍷

Hay Ewe screwed with this post 12-01-2012 at 12:08 PM Reason: correcte price from E-bay
Hay Ewe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:20 AM   #5278
Buccleuch
Resistance is futile.

Oddometer: 1,610
Belongs in the WTF thread.

W.A.
Buccleuch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:52 AM   #5279
Kokopelli
Yeah, right!

Oddometer: 4,517
I see, the compass is for finding the table again, the thermometer tells him how cold the food it, the small watch, how the people have been waiting for and the big watch is for knowing when to knock off. WTF.
Kokopelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:41 PM   #5280
MikeyT
Krusty Olde Pharte™

Oddometer: 5,105
Hamilton is welcome here in da Thumb. He can meet his 38mm brother.

99 Shadow Spirit 1100

"Non Illegitimi Carborundum"
MikeyT is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: