Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 156 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 07-29-2013, 09:35 AM   #6751
k7
Ancien cyclist

Oddometer: 18,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper X View Post
I wish there was a person who did some form of lume on any watch. I have a few I would love to get done.
Everest seems to do good work.

http://www.everestwatchworks.com/services.html
k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:34 PM   #6752
bmwktmbill
Traveler

Oddometer: 4,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padmei View Post
Now this is really gonna piss most of you off & I apologise in advance however I want a fake/replica old seamaster to buy. i have seen a few genuine ones for sale however the manual work I do I can't see them lasting too long. I like the vintage look but not the purchase/ service price & if they break or get lost i won't get too worried.
I'm happy to pay fake prices for fake goods - quality doesn't really come into it, just style
If you have any leads please PM me if you don't want to be lynched
Padmei,

Do a ebay search on vintage Tissot watches. The winder I just won was $30 and looks like an Omega.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321155542201...#ht_1168wt_919

The second hand is missing in action.
bill

The faster it goes the faster it breaks.
And high performance=high maintenance.
Bill Shockley
bmwktmbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:58 PM   #6753
CBoy808
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper X View Post
I wish there was a person who did some form of lume on any watch. I have a few I would love to get done.
I'm sure you can find someone to lume your watches. I had one of mine done from a guy in canada years ago. I have since lost his info but there has to be another watch maker who is willing/and able! to apply super luminova for you.
CBoy808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:33 AM   #6754
Buccleuch
Resistance is futile.

Oddometer: 1,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padmei View Post
Now this is really gonna piss most of you off & I apologise in advance however I want a fake/replica old seamaster to buy. i have seen a few genuine ones for sale however the manual work I do I can't see them lasting too long. I like the vintage look but not the purchase/ service price & if they break or get lost i won't get too worried.
I'm happy to pay fake prices for fake goods - quality doesn't really come into it, just style
If you have any leads please PM me if you don't want to be lynched
Don't buy fake or counterfeit goods. Just don't.

Look for a nice, inexpensive homage built buy Invicta or Swiss Legend if you must, but don't buy counterfeit anything.

When you buy counterfeit goods, you're supporting child labor, illicit drug and weapons trade, and other nefarious activities. Further, you're breaking international law relating to intellectual property rights, copyrights, and trademark protection, as well as breaking your own country's laws.

Thanks for listening.

W.A.
Buccleuch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:25 AM   #6755
DriveShaft
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccleuch View Post

Look for a nice, inexpensive homage built buy Invicta or Swiss Legend if you must, but don't buy counterfeit anything.

When you buy counterfeit goods, you're supporting child labor, illicit drug and weapons trade, and other nefarious activities. Further, you're breaking international law relating to intellectual property rights, copyrights, and trademark protection, as well as breaking your own country's laws.

Thanks for listening.

W.A.
Seriously, all that can be true...maybe...but think this through. Even from a selfish, I-don't-give-a-crap perspective...

Why would you want to buy a piece of crap knock off that's likely to break in 1 or 2 yrs, is *not* built to any specs (particularly water resistance) and is un-serviceable*, when there are high-quality, reasonably-priced alternatives, and even nearly-identical homages so easily within reach? A Hammie Jazzmaster would be on my wrist, if I were going for that look. At least you know it was built to last, and could be serviced.

This is pretty much also my reason why I rarely buy vintage...the gaskets aren't to be trusted.

I've a pretty steep threshold on pulling the trigger on a complete knock-off. On the streets of any country in South Asia, you can get a "patek" for $8. Yeah...I might get one of those if I happen to be in the area...kind of like a souvenir...but I'm going to haggle.

* btw: imo, there's nothing wrong with an un-serviceable movement, unless you can't trust the case & gaskets. Cheap movements in great cases (a-la Seiko 5 Autos) are awesome. Very inexpensive...and if'n when it starts crapping out...you've only blown like a hundred fifty bucks.

DriveShaft screwed with this post 07-30-2013 at 08:32 AM
DriveShaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:29 AM   #6756
groop
So much to ponder

Oddometer: 3,003
Quote:

Thanks for listening.

W.A.
Fully agree
Old 07-30-2013, 08:33 AM   #6757
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer: 33,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by k7 View Post
Everest seems to do good work.

http://www.everestwatchworks.com/services.html
Looks to be exactly the place I need! thanks!
Old 07-30-2013, 08:44 AM   #6758
Buccleuch
Resistance is futile.

Oddometer: 1,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveShaft View Post
Seriously, all that can be true...maybe...but think this through. Even from a selfish, I-don't-give-a-crap perspective...

Why would you want to buy a piece of crap knock off that's likely to break in 1 or 2 yrs, is *not* built to any specs (particularly water resistance) and is un-serviceable*, when there are high-quality, reasonably-priced alternatives, and even nearly-identical homages so easily within reach? A Hammie Jazzmaster would be on my wrist, if I were going for that look. At least you know it was built to last, and could be serviced.

This is pretty much also my reason why I rarely buy vintage...the gaskets aren't to be trusted.
I agree - why buy a cheap counterfeit when there are nice homages out there? A Swiss Legend Abyssos is a fine wristwatch - I own one. Invicta's higher-grade homages to the Rolex Submariner are quite good quality.

W.A.
Buccleuch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:05 AM   #6759
DriveShaft
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I agree - why buy a cheap counterfeit when there are nice homages out there? A Swiss Legend Abyssos is a fine wristwatch - I own one. Invicta's higher-grade homages to the Rolex Submariner are quite good quality.

W.A.
And then there's the logic of being the dunce. Around here, the knock-offs command upwards of 3 digits. I'm sorry, I might like the look of a knock-off royal oak, and I certainly can't easily afford a real Audemars Piguet, but I refuse to be the guy who buys a knock-off AP for, what, $150, when I *know* that same knock-off is being sold down the street from my cousin for $8...AT A PROFIT. I might be able to afford the knock-off. But it's still a rip-off.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:03 PM   #6760
Hay Ewe
Just a Wannabe

Oddometer: 2,407
I jsut did some searching on the invicta site and got to this one, looks pretty good to me

http://invictawatch.com/collections/...6499-pro-diver
He'd swear a lot, dance on the log cards, piss in Johnny's beer and head off to the nearest bar 🍷
Hay Ewe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:25 PM   #6761
Speedo66
Transient

Oddometer: 6,096
Recently ordered a large Seiko 5 23 jewel for my son from a company on Ebay, "My watches hub", based in Singapore. I wanted the Japanese version, so had to order from out of the country it seemed.

A little late to be asking this, but has anybody dealt with them, and were you happy with their service, delivery time, etc.?

Anybody have the watch?

It's this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/360691098052...84.m1497.l2649

Speedo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:49 PM   #6762
DriveShaft
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hay Ewe View Post
I jsut did some searching on the invicta site and got to this one, looks pretty good to me

http://invictawatch.com/collections/...6499-pro-diver

too

and you get the humor of buying the "opposite" of an omega.

You break / lose this...you're out $85 bucks.

DriveShaft screwed with this post 07-30-2013 at 06:12 PM
Old 07-31-2013, 04:17 PM   #6763
1stiski
Ride that nasty thing

Oddometer: 1,562
NFW watch, Viperfish model. OVER built and beefy. Acid Green sunburst face, Lume on hour, min , sec, hands and Hour markers., counter clockwise direction only bezel with lume on each number and incriment. Automatic movement, 30atm depth rating, screw down crown. Beefy bracelet with links that have individual screws for each link.

"Grim Brother" #1

1stiski screwed with this post 07-31-2013 at 04:56 PM
1stiski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:31 PM   #6764
ilvecchio
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedo66 View Post
Recently ordered a large Seiko 5 23 jewel for my son from a company on Ebay, "My watches hub", based in Singapore. I wanted the Japanese version, so had to order from out of the country it seemed.

A little late to be asking this, but has anybody dealt with them, and were you happy with their service, delivery time, etc.?

Anybody have the watch?

It's this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/360691098052...84.m1497.l2649
I have that exact watch. It is on my wrist as I type this. It is my favorite watch right now and I wear it more than my Rolex. The only possible criticism I could offer is that the Seiko 5s cannot be hand wound. The only way to wind them is to use the automatic winding mechanism.
ilvecchio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:17 PM   #6765
discochris
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,184
Sigh.

I was on an all-day ride two Saturdays ago and when I got home, I found that my 18 month old had taken my Vostok and now we can't find it. Even though I have a bunch of watches, including a very nice Seiko diver, the Vostok Amphibia with the NATO band was by far my favorite - I wore it 4 days a week.

We still have no clue where it went after two weeks, so I ordered another one today. (meaning I'll probably find it tomorrow). Of course that means waiting forever for it to show up from Russia... Note to self - don't leave the watch on the counter...
discochris is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: