Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2012, 08:30 PM   #3961
RallyMoto
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 147
Nice! I'm dying for a sumo wheel set. I just have to get my suspension revalved and sprung first, then I begin saving for the wheels (The guy I bought it from weighed 250lbs in his socks, I'm 190, and he had it set up for him. I skip off of everything right now.). Looks like it should be nice and planted/stable on the street.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Rod View Post
New used hoops installed today. The back has a little chain rub on the rim, and obviously the tire. I need to address a few little things (never mind the raggedy chain. It was used to establish length, but mostly so I could go for a quick rip), and some day get a 320mm rotor, but I'm going to enjoy this. What a versatile bike. Sadly I live in the dullest riding areas in the world (3 hours away is the nearest mountain riding), so I had to do something.

I still don't have the right seat, and I still don't care.

RallyMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:38 PM   #3962
B-Rod
RubberNecker

Oddometer: 1,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyMoto View Post
Nice! I'm dying for a sumo wheel set. I just have to get my suspension revalved and sprung first, then I begin saving for the wheels (The guy I bought it from weighed 250lbs in his socks, I'm 190, and he had it set up for him. I skip off of everything right now.). Looks like it should be nice and planted/stable on the street.
Check the classifieds at Supermotojunkie.com. I bought them from a guy there (he had them posted here in the Flea market as well). Keep your eyes peeled. There is a set of black wheels (17" rear, 16.5" front) for sale right now for $600 with tires, sprocket and rotors. I didn't get the front 320mm rotor with my set, as he had already sold it.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:51 AM   #3963
skibum69
slave to gravity

Oddometer: 5,018
you can always move
RIP ITsteve, ride in peace my friend
save $5 on a new smugmug account, use this coupon7frrnSRiTt9Fk
skibum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:45 AM   #3964
Rabbot
rain+superbike=adventure

Oddometer: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Rod View Post
Check the classifieds at Supermotojunkie.com. I bought them from a guy there (he had them posted here in the Flea market as well). Keep your eyes peeled. There is a set of black wheels (17" rear, 16.5" front) for sale right now for $600 with tires, sprocket and rotors. I didn't get the front 320mm rotor with my set, as he had already sold it.
You won't need the larger rotor unless you are going to do track days. Even then you can get by with the one you've got. On the street the larger rotor is way overkill. Remember the bike only weighs 250 lbs.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:26 AM   #3965
B-Rod
RubberNecker

Oddometer: 1,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by skibum69 View Post
you can always move

I actually tried! It's the reason I was thing of getting SM wheels. I was trying for a job in Toronto, with the chance of basing out of Halifax. Didn't get the spot, so I'm stuck here for the time being. Whatever, other than the shitty riding, it's all good.

I gots no skills, so I'm not sure what other job I'd be interested in.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:38 AM   #3966
jtrue
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
Selling my 2006 525 EXC, For Sale Thread
jtrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 03:56 PM   #3967
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
Petcock location mods.

Hi B-Rod, I hope you don't mind if I borrow your photo for just a moment as a visual aid for a question I have...

I know I'm not the first one to ask this question, but what are you guys doing about this petcock location on these XC tanks? I have the same tank on my '06 525 and recently just ran it completely out of fuel (on purpose), to check the total miles per fill. The bike finally died on reserve but I could see there was at least another 1/2 liter or so in the front lower portions of the tank.

Has anyone bothered to mod these tanks to add a crossover hose and/or relocate the petcock further in front where the low-point is? Seems silly to just "accept" the fact that the tank leaves you with an unacessable amount of fuel after running out.
I also realize there's a vulnerability concern by relocating the petcock... but still. Any clever ideas/mods out there?
211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:11 PM   #3968
blake716
nine toes

Oddometer: 10,642
Does anyone know if a 2004 525EXC tank will fit on a 2007 525EXC?

I was told by a couple of people that it would, but if you go to JustGasTanks.com, there are 2 different part numbers for 2004 and 2007.

http://justgastanks.com/product_info...roducts_id=456
Old 06-05-2012, 07:29 PM   #3969
spaceman_spiff
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyMoto View Post
You could trade me!
My suspension was set up for someone about 180 pounds and I'm 220 naked and looking for something stiffer
spaceman_spiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:49 PM   #3970
seJ LeFrew
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
03 525 parts

Alright guys, i bought an 03 525 exc that needs some work...i'm looking to buy some parts if you guys have them to spare, i'm looking for like new or in good condition stuff.. looking to buy the left and right radiator's, radiator guards, cooling fan, CDI box (Need it most of all!), other things i'm interested in are a large fuel tank, good looking clutch cover, if you got a parts 525 i'd be interested in the bike as a whole so i can peice together a monster...Thanks for any help
seJ LeFrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:36 PM   #3971
team ftb
Befuddled Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,624
Quote:
Originally Posted by 211 View Post
Hi B-Rod, I hope you don't mind if I borrow your photo for just a moment as a visual aid for a question I have...

I know I'm not the first one to ask this question, but what are you guys doing about this petcock location on these XC tanks? I have the same tank on my '06 525 and recently just ran it completely out of fuel (on purpose), to check the total miles per fill. The bike finally died on reserve but I could see there was at least another 1/2 liter or so in the front lower portions of the tank.

Has anyone bothered to mod these tanks to add a crossover hose and/or relocate the petcock further in front where the low-point is? Seems silly to just "accept" the fact that the tank leaves you with an unaccessible amount of fuel after running out.
I also realize there's a vulnerability concern by relocating the petcock... but still. Any clever ideas/mods out there?

I used that 13L XC tank for a bit and noticed the same thing. However after looking at what it would take to alleviate the situation I thought it far less bother to just manually tip the bike or wheelie to get most of the fuel sloshed where it was needed. Normally I can get fuel before I'm down to the last liter, others may not be so lucky. In the time I rode with the tank I only had to do this one time when fuel was scarce. In the end I believe to mount the fittings and hoses in the spot necessary to pick up the fuel is the most vulnerable location on that tank during a fall and not worth the risk, as you noted.

If others have a decent solution let us know as the tank protects the radiators quite well. In contrast to the Clark tank I now use.
Team "Fingering The Bean"

Looking for the woman that takes the wheel when I'm seeing double.
team ftb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:49 AM   #3972
GR0NK
Got some screws loose!

Oddometer: 1,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by 211 View Post
...I could see there was at least another 1/2 liter or so in the front lower portions of the tank.

Like FTB says, do a pop-a-wheelie!

Sean

Nullus Vereor ex Terra Incognita
GR0NK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:07 PM   #3973
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Oddometer: 4,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by GR0NK View Post
Like FTB says, do a pop-a-wheelie!

Sean
OR you could add one of these, 1.1 gal Baja designs rear tank....plenty of range, 200+ miles, it now holds 4.7 gallons.

Old 06-10-2012, 01:10 PM   #3974
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Oddometer: 4,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZR View Post
your bike looks good mang!!!

Herrhelmet sells lithium batteries.
i bought the Ballistic battery from him and couldn't be happier.
hit him up.
thanks RAZR, I will
Old 06-11-2012, 05:26 PM   #3975
GR0NK
Got some screws loose!

Oddometer: 1,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
OR you could add one of these, 1.1 gal Baja designs rear tank....plenty of range, 200+ miles, it now holds 4.7 gallons.

Yeah but after that's all used up you're STILL left with some unused fuel in that forward part of the tank.

Sean

Nullus Vereor ex Terra Incognita
GR0NK is offline   Reply With Quote