Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2008, 01:34 PM   #391
svs
All Hands on Deck!

Oddometer: 23,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybrit
Didn't this get discussed earlier in the thread? I recall that pic and it wasn't an acerbis item.
Maybe, I don't recall..That's why I posted. I know the tank is Acerebis. We have two of them for 05 model year bikes...We don't run them all the time unless we are going down to Mexico...

The bikes handle kinda scarry when those things are full of fuel...When you bleed off fuel and it's starts sloshing...Hang on...before we run them again they'll be getting stuffed with fuel cell foam.

Old 09-23-2008, 01:35 PM   #392
crazybrit
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,491
Quote:
Didn't this get discussed earlier in the thread? I recall that pic and it wasn't an acerbis item.
I knew I'd seen that pic before. I'll add that thread to the index.
Rsconcept fairing with an Acerbis tank.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=370392
crazybrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 01:40 PM   #393
svs
All Hands on Deck!

Quote:
I knew I'd seen that pic before. I'll add that thread to the index.
Rsconcept fairing with an Acerbis tank.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=370392
Thank you, We need to get that nose fairing..Check the Pic...It's the earlier RFS bike with the KTM 3.3 Tank....Would fit perfect with my current set-up. He makes all kinds of neat stuff.

Who Speaks French? Do we have any inmates with these products on their bikes?

svs screwed with this post 09-23-2008 at 01:59 PM
svs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 02:01 PM   #394
crazybrit
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by svs
Thank you, We need to get that nose fairing..Check the Pic...It's the earlier RFS bike with the KTM 3.3 Tank....Would fit perfect with my current set-up. Who Speaks French?
You saw the English page, right? Seems the EV01/EV02 fairing mates with the KTM13l tank and the EV02+ with the 25L ktm tank (acerbis?). EV03 is for the 08 bikes. 340e/$500 for the fairing + 60e for mounting kit. Too much coin for me.

Kinda odd, a rally fairing which mates to the small tank ~shrug~ The one mating to the 25l would seem more useful to me.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:14 PM   #395
svs
All Hands on Deck!

Quote:
You saw the English page, right? Seems the EV01/EV02 fairing mates with the KTM13l tank and the EV02+ with the 25L ktm tank (acerbis?). EV03 is for the 08 bikes. 340e/$500 for the fairing + 60e for mounting kit. Too much coin for me.

Kinda odd, a rally fairing which mates to the small tank ~shrug~ The one mating to the 25l would seem more useful to me.
Yep looking at the sight now.

Regards to the the small tank (KTM 13L) it has pretty good range. And is just about as big as anything available short of the 6.6 acerbis.

I have a friend who crashed hard right in front of me in deep sand whoops down in Mexico (he says) because of the weight imbalance and shifting fuel load in the 6.6 Valdez tank....

Keep the stock tank and just add the nose fairing.....?
Old 09-23-2008, 02:20 PM   #396
crazybrit
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by svs
Yep looking at the sight now.

Regards to the the small tank (KTM 13L) it has pretty good range. And is just about as big as anything available short of the 6.6 acerbis.
When you say 13L I assume this is the XC/MXC tank (Hardparts). Not sure on this but I believe some of the other tanks are under the spec'd capacity (IMS I think was ?forced? to respec to US2.9g)

4 gallon Aqualine is the next larger tank, looks very nice but $$$.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:35 PM   #397
Mudguts
when in doubt GAS IT

Oddometer: 2,022
I have ordered the EVo 2+ I should have it in the next week or two ,
I do not have the the 25L Acebis tank yet , But i will mount every thing up to my 15L safari tank see how she looks .

he will not let order the fairing only he will make you order the Nav mount brakets , all up i spent AUD $1200 + freight another, AUD$600
total $1800 ,

This stuff had better be good !!!

Who Speaks French? Do we have any inmates with these products on their bikes?

[/quote]
Mudguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 02:37 PM   #398
svs
All Hands on Deck!

Quote:
When you say 13L I assume this is the XC/MXC tank (Hardparts). Not sure on this but I believe some of the other tanks are under the spec'd capacity (IMS I think was ?forced? to respec to US2.9g)

4 gallon Aqualine is the next larger tank, looks very nice but $$$.
13L if not mistaken is what yer looking at on the two corner orange bikes in the pic below both 05 MXC's --Middle Orange bike has an aftermarket IMS not sure the size--

Check the clear 6.6 tank on the WR... Massive..Ride with Caution.

Old 09-23-2008, 02:41 PM   #399
svs
All Hands on Deck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudguts
I have ordered the EVo 2+ I should have it in the next week or two ,
I do not have the the 25L Acebis tank yet , But i will mount every thing up to my 15L safari tank see how she looks .

he will not let order the fairing only he will make you order the Nav mount brakets , all up i spent AUD $1200 + freight another, AUD$600
total $1800 ,

This stuff had better be good !!!
Spendy huh? Please post back with pictures and obviously feedback...

Best of luck with the items....
Old 09-23-2008, 03:01 PM   #400
crazybrit
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by svs
Spendy huh? Please post back with pictures and obviously feedback...
Please do so on a new dedicated thread. Feel free to add a pointer here. I'll add the new thread to the RFS index.
Old 09-23-2008, 04:04 PM   #401
Stu
Buffo Maximus

Oddometer: 893
Safari 4.0 Gallon Tank

This seems to be the best compromise:

http://www.justgastanks.com/store/in...roducts_id=484

It is $439, but given the devaluation of the dollar (just incredible!) it is not a bad price.

Stu
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 04:09 PM   #402
Para504
Spam, Spam, bacon & Spam!

Oddometer: 558
I wonder why they didn't flow the bottom of the Safari tank together in one line along the bottom - looks like gas will be trapped where it can't be used.
Para504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:02 PM   #403
alfaris
MOTERO TORERO

Oddometer: 1,150
Thumb Back In Business Again

Yes i am back...

after a year on a CRFE450E ive realized that a motocross bike with a short ratio is not the right bike for my type of use. A pure Enduro bike wide ratio, 6 speeds is what i really need.

I ve eventually bought a 2005 KTM 525 EXC. As a former 525 owner, (got a 2006 from 06 to 07) i knew what i was looking for again.

Ill be riding on Morocco within a month so soon ill install the ktm 13lts fuel tank, That, combined with that promobillet rear rack where i can fix a 5lts plastic tank gives me enough range to ride around Moroccan Sahara desert: sand, dunes, dry river beds, flatlands, stones, everything at hand and with the freedom of riding wherever you want with no restrictions at all.

Ive installed the electric fan, plus the black plastics kit you can see on the pics.

Ill soon install ktm "black" graphics set, KTM handlebar damper silentblocks, Radiator guards.

alfaris screwed with this post 10-10-2008 at 02:10 PM
alfaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 03:55 PM   #404
jgreer
hidden for privacy

Oddometer: 168
Just added the 6.6 acerbis, giant loop bag, and wolfman tank bag . Just looking to add the HT oil cooler. Anyone know of any deals out there? $409.99 at blais racing is the cheapest I'v found.

2007 KTM 450 exc-g
2007 Triumph Daytona 675

'Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, Its more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today,might burn your ass tomorrow......'
jgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 04:04 PM   #405
crazybrit
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgreer
giant loop bag
Is this the one Wachs makes?

Quote:
Just looking to add the HT oil cooler. Anyone know of any deals out there? $409.99 at blais racing is the cheapest I'v found.
I paid $375 shipped from a guy at KTMTalk. It was an extra one he had. New, all the hoses still sealed in packaging.

If you go used, be careful. HT recently redesigned the cooler. Supposedly it now no longer leaks and uses the stock gasket. HT said all the previous fixes like the heavy duty gasket never really worked and they still had leak issues. Said the latest was "welded" whatever that means. He can refit an old one but it's like $50+shipping both ways .... an extra cost if you get a used one.

I made sure the one I got was this latest design.

Whether it truly doesn't leak we shall see, I've not installed it yet. Winter project. My KTM only dealer was pretty negative on them, said every one they'd seen leaked, some slightly, some badly but hopefully this was the old style.