Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2013, 04:07 PM   #6241
toomeymd
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
Mostly because of this thread I sold the big 640E and got a 2001 xt225.

The screen looks big in the pic, optical illusion or something. I hope to get it out on some camping trips this summer.
toomeymd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:12 PM   #6242
Klay
dreaming adventurer

Oddometer: 99,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by toomeymd View Post

The screen looks big in the pic, optical illusion or something. I hope to get it out on some camping trips this summer.
And the Wasatch National Forest is right out your back door. I'm jealous!
Klay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:41 PM   #6243
Yokomo
Gorilla Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,211
Looks like a big ole pc of styrofoam
Old 04-01-2013, 09:18 AM   #6244
Linhares
OSM addicted

Oddometer: 259
You can include me on that

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomeymd View Post
I haven't sold my DL650 (yet ) but I got myself a Honda XR250 Tornado!

Time to start some real adventure!
Abraços,
Linhares

Linhares screwed with this post 04-02-2013 at 04:25 AM Reason: Broken code
Linhares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:08 AM   #6245
Klay
dreaming adventurer

Oddometer: 99,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linhares View Post

Abraços,
Linhares

very nice!

Klay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:19 AM   #6246
sandalscout
blah blah blah

Oddometer: 2,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linhares View Post

Abraços,
Linhares

Some broken code in here somewhere now! haha

Nice bike, I tremendously enjoyed the Tornado I rented in Peru, excellent bike!
Old 04-02-2013, 04:28 AM   #6247
Linhares
OSM addicted

Oddometer: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandalscout View Post
Some broken code in here somewhere now! haha
Ops.. my bad!
Linhares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:45 AM   #6248
CMS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanabijou View Post
Yeah - wanted to take advantage of the nice weather. It felt so good to be out riding again. Has the Winnipeg weather been favourable enough to do some riding?

Mike
Mike , really enjoy your posts here and in CBR 125/250. rode as you did this weekend, really anxious to start the riding season. Your 2011 CBR 125/150 is great , love the color scheme. On my ride this weekend [TU 250X] I checked out a 2013 CBR [Repsol] 250 , thats all thats ava in the smaller CBR in the US. Yours looks better [IMHO ]. Keep up the posts really enjoy your trips and group rides. In younger days [family vacations ] we were in the Guelph/Kitchner areas. Really loved those trips and days. We stayed at a resort on Devils lake. I 'm told its renamed now. looking forward to your next trip. CMS [Terry]
VSRI
CMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:15 AM   #6249
Nanabijou
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMS View Post
Mike , really enjoy your posts here and in CBR 125/250. rode as you did this weekend, really anxious to start the riding season. Your 2011 CBR 125/150 is great , love the color scheme. On my ride this weekend [TU 250X] I checked out a 2013 CBR [Repsol] 250 , thats all thats ava in the smaller CBR in the US. Yours looks better [IMHO ]. Keep up the posts really enjoy your trips and group rides. In younger days [family vacations ] we were in the Guelph/Kitchner areas. Really loved those trips and days. We stayed at a resort on Devils lake. I 'm told its renamed now. looking forward to your next trip. CMS [Terry]
Thanks for the kind words Terry! Did you take any photos of your first ride? I was able to take the CBR150R out on 3 consecutive days last week. Really loving this bike. The new chassis just fits me like a glove.

I'm really enjoying touring and camping on my bikes (CBR150R, WR250R, CBR250R) and reporting on it afterwards. It's fun not knowing what the day will bring and then seeing the story unfold in front of you as you go. I hope to do more minimalist touring and report writing this summer. I have a ride planned to Wawa already, and anticipate riding to Bon Echo park near Belleville, ON this June too. Should be lots of fun. I was actually planning on taking my CBR150R out to California in August as well - but a friend now wants to come with me - and won't be able to make it until next year - so I've delayed those plans until then.

Terry - have you done any touring/camping on the TU 250X? Love the look of that bike too. If you have the opportunity - I would suggest doing the circle route of Lake Superior. Incredibly spectacular scenery.

Mike
Nanabijou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:13 AM   #6250
byron555
Lame Duck Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,121
Thunderbay Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanabijou View Post
Went for a ride yesterday on my 2011 CBR150R. First ride with the Thai CBR150R engine in my 2011 CBR125R chassis. I'd been waiting since October 2012 to take this thing out. The temp display on my car said 8C. Good enough for me.

Mike
My dad had a cabin near the border on Memory Rd on Pine Bay. Beautiful area to ride. I'm still pissed that he sold the cabin.... I sure miss the pancakes from Hoitos in the Finnish Club.

Nice Bike by the way
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=997633
byron555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:52 AM   #6251
Nanabijou
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by byron555 View Post
My dad had a cabin near the border on Memory Rd on Pine Bay. Beautiful area to ride. I'm still pissed that he sold the cabin.... I sure miss the pancakes from Hoitos in the Finnish Club.

Nice Bike by the way
Byron - that's a nice area out there on Lake Superior. Beautiful scenery. At some point I'll take a photo of the bike out in front of the Hoito for you!

Mike
Nanabijou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:09 PM   #6252
StG
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 115
Not sure if 'minimalist' refers to the bike or gear, but here's my wr250r packed up for her first road trip. 10 days & 1,800m of riding in/to death valley. Now I just need to figure out a way to bring less stuff, cause riding with less is definitely more fun
StG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:00 AM   #6253
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud Rider View Post
J.C. Whitney is once again selling travel trunks! They are now called Garage Pro Travel Trunks. The large travel trunk is on sale for $44.95, with free delivery, if you order before Tuesday! In addition, you can get another 10 percent off the price by using the promo code "zoom10."

http://www.jcwhitney.com/garage-pro-...58683y1989u0j1

My J.C. Whitney Travel Trunk has taken a lot of abuse for several years. I like it so much, I bought a spare when they were on sale for $48, delivered. At a price of $40.46, delivered, this travel trunk is an exceptional bargain!

These travel trunks come supplied with a very strong, metal mounting plate. The plastic mounting plates on some other trunks will fail.

You can pack a lot of stuff in the large travel trunks, and they are very easy to remove for the evening, or for hiding in the brush while taking an impromptu, off road excursion.

These travel trunks are very handy when taking a multi-day trip.

These travel trunks are also quite handy for grocery shopping, or running other errands around town.

Spud
Mine just came today. I thought it looked a little large, but then discovered that my DS helmet won't fit in there. The supplied bolts were too long, and hit on my fender, so rather than cut them, I got shorter ones. I needed to take the rack right off also, but it didn't take long. Looks like it will come in handy, though I may not have it mounted all the time. The price was right!

CRF250L Service Manual http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owni...F250L13_OM.pdf
SAPB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:31 PM   #6254
Rhompin45
Rhompin45

Oddometer: 231
What's involved in lowering a motorcycle? I have an old dr250 that I started turning into a dual sport and gave up and bought a tu250. I thought about selling the dr but if I can lower it a couple inches my gf could maybe ride it to learn how to ride. My mind changes every 10 seconds on what I want to do. Thought about using it as a down payment on a dr650 of that terra 650 thanks to all who mentioned it. But I don't really know if I need that big of a bike. But sometimes it would be nice.
Rhompin45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:32 PM   #6255
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAPB View Post
Mine just came today. I thought it looked a little large, but then discovered that my DS helmet won't fit in there. The supplied bolts were too long, and hit on my fender, so rather than cut them, I got shorter ones. I needed to take the rack right off also, but it didn't take long. Looks like it will come in handy, though I may not have it mounted all the time. The price was right!
The price was so good, I bought another spare trunk, myself. The trunk arrived this morning, but I haven't had a chance to unpack it. My travel trunk spends most of its time unmounted to my motorcycles. However, I still use the trunk a lot for buying groceries and running errands around town.

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil

Spud Rider screwed with this post 04-05-2013 at 09:49 AM
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote