Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2007, 03:07 PM   #151
RedRocket OP
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundelRider
I rode one of these last week. Its a Piaggio Mp3........comming to the US soon. It rides just like a regular bike with leaning in the turns but it has a "brake" that will clamp and hole the bike upright. You can enguage the brake while rolling and stop at stoplights and just sit there, never have to set your feet down. Fun little bike and you can scrape hard parts wiht it!

I stumbled past a Vespa dealer yesterday, and they had one out front.
I promptly doubled back, and squeezed a test ride on one too, and it was very impressive. I was riding it around in low speed circles barely more than one lane wide. I didn't touch anything down, but felt like I may have been getting close. After the ride the chicken strips were quite small.
Other than when standing still, without the lock on it seems virtually impossible to wipe out on it. That front end just grips, and grips.
The power was adequate, but considering that I have to use the highways, the 400 cc model would really be ideal.
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 11:45 AM   #152
RedRocket OP
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,021
This isn't a trike, but it looked so good I felt I had to share it.

RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:04 AM   #153
Bubba Satori
Finding my way home

Oddometer: 42,086
Can-Am Spyder report

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Articl...ID=4456&Page=1

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Galler...Back=1&Media=1

Bone a petite.
Bubba Satori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:28 PM   #154
Motornoggin
Two-Bit Throttle Bum

Oddometer: 20,930
Talking

Went to the BRP dealer show in Denver today and was able to climb all over one of the prototypes. This thing is cool! It wasn't set up to ride (Damn fire marshals and their blasted regulations!!!), but the seating position is comfy, the controls are very high quality and it is laid out very well. Can't wait to take one for a ride!

My Wyoming has an East infection.

http://motornoggin.smugmug.com
Motornoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:00 PM   #155
dorkpunch
Oops...

Oddometer: 4,939
much more funner.

"I've been going to this high school for SEVEN YEARS. I'm no dummy!"
-Charles De Mar.
dorkpunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 07:17 PM   #156
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 9,481
BRP, Can Am, Spyder

If you get a chance to check these out, they are very cool. If you request the new XP snowmobile DVD there is a bit on there about the machine. Have seen it in person and the DVD bit...as usual from the boys (and girls) in Valcourt, this is a very impressive feat of engineering. When I am ready for a training wheel, I hope they still make it.

http://www.ski-doo.com/en-US/Index.htm
Old 04-14-2007, 08:08 PM   #157
anonny
What could go wrong?

Oddometer: 5,374
Nothing personal but I am tired of having Ski-doo engines pack it in (2 this year) on a machine in it's second season (1600 kilometers) I hear Polaris has a 5 year warrenty.....Yamahas 4 strokes are lookin pretty good to me too.

71- 450 Honda CL re & re

Just another pathetic sheep following the herd

anonny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 10:49 PM   #158
mrfix
Adventurer

Oddometer: 94
I went out to San Diego for the unveiling, I rode it more than most because I brought my own gear and stood by the ride tent in the rain. I will say that after owning 42 bikes, it's by far the coolest thing i've ever ridden. As soon as I got back I put a deposit on the first round of bikes. I can't wait to get it, I rode a total of 4 hours while I was out there, I love the thing, it's truly like nothing else, it makes its own statement, it's actually much like a sport tourer that can't fall over when you stop, the thing is cool, it's fast and handles once you get used to it. Don't knock it till you try it.
mrfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 01:06 AM   #159
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfix
I went out to San Diego for the unveiling, I rode it more than most because I brought my own gear and stood by the ride tent in the rain. I will say that after owning 42 bikes, it's by far the coolest thing i've ever ridden. As soon as I got back I put a deposit on the first round of bikes. I can't wait to get it, I rode a total of 4 hours while I was out there, I love the thing, it's truly like nothing else, it makes its own statement, it's actually much like a sport tourer that can't fall over when you stop, the thing is cool, it's fast and handles once you get used to it. Don't knock it till you try it.
Very cool, you will have to post reports on it. It looked interesting just sitting still. They said they would not be available until fall though.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:36 AM   #160
mrfix
Adventurer

Oddometer: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown
Very cool, you will have to post reports on it. It looked interesting just sitting still. They said they would not be available until fall though.
That's the down side, It won't be delivered till October 1st. The up side is after spending the weekend with it I feel it's worth the wait.
mrfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 09:30 AM   #161
iceman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonny
Nothing personal but I am tired of having Ski-doo engines pack it in (2 this year) on a machine in it's second season (1600 kilometers) I hear Polaris has a 5 year warrenty.....Yamahas 4 strokes are lookin pretty good to me too.

The post is about the new Spyder which has the same Rotax motor Aprilia has been using for years.I have two and i can tell you these motors are Bombproof!!!
Old 04-15-2007, 04:01 PM   #162
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman
The post is about the new Spyder which has the same Rotax motor Aprilia has been using for years.I have two and i can tell you these motors are Bombproof!!!
Yep and having had Rotax powered Ski Doo's, with the exception of the free air's in the 70's, they are bombproof too. You must, like all two strokes without automatic timing retardation, pay close attention to your jetting. If you have an SDI and you have cooked two, there is something wrong with the map, or the gas you are using. Most powerful and reliable in the business...

shrineclown screwed with this post 04-15-2007 at 04:56 PM
shrineclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 01:28 PM   #163
KarlH
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 177
I actually just signed up for the Demo here in Phoenix in May. My wife signed up as well as it would be really for her. She likes the Ural but once she saw the Spyder is dying to try it out. I will report back once i get my demo in two weeks.
KarlH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 01:41 PM   #164
Rad
Just me

Oddometer: 12,160
I'm sorry, I just don't get the need for another wheel
Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 10:35 PM   #165
Scottysix9
Shhh...

Oddometer: 918
Do they offer hard bags yet?

I've got a riding buddy with a Wing and a hack. That thing draws a lot of attention. This Spyder will get the owner mobbed.

MrFix, you better get used to answering everyone's questions. Or never stop.

If they can't hear you, they won't know you're there.
Scottysix9 is offline   Reply With Quote