Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-22-2010, 04:34 PM   #211
Tinks
Imp of Satan

Oddometer: 20,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Error
Try it.

Shave the legs and then change the sheets on the bed. Getting into that bed is nearly orgasmic on its own, and then when your wife gets to you... Its a rare woman who likes to cuddle a yeti when she realizes there are alternatives...

(Mr. Disaster) Preston Drew Haun June 17, 1981- August 15, 2010
Tinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:54 PM   #212
rider1150gsadv
€ Fl Keys Fishing Guide €

Oddometer: 5,912
Talking

Quote:
Try it.

Shave the legs and then change the sheets on the bed. Getting into that bed is nearly orgasmic on its own, and then when your wife gets to you... Its a rare woman who likes to cuddle a yeti when she realizes there are alternatives...

I used to ride roadbikes and speedskate when I was younger and a sportsmassage is no fun with hairy legs.....
You only do that once..
And yeah Gillette is getting too $$$
rider1150gsadv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:57 PM   #213
motometal
i like motorcycles

Oddometer: 3,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota
Up until a month ago I used the one second from the right. A month ago I was contemplating shaving off my winter growth and moving into the summer shave-every-day season. I was out shopping and I looked at how much blades for these things cost. Then I looked over at the electric razors and I figured I would break even if the electric lasted only a couple years. Plus, shaving would be much more pleasant.

So I bought one of these:

A hundred bucks and it gives me the best shave I have ever had (without a brand new blade in my razor). Now I shave every day, whereas before, my wife was lucky if I shaved twice a week. I hated it that much. Very satisfied and if properly cared for this thing will last for years.
Years indeed, if they are made anything like the older Norelcos. I've had the some one for at least 15 years, replaced the rechargeable batteries once or twice ($3). Plus you can multi task, saves that five or ten minutes a day...over the course of your lifetime how many hours does the average man waste standing there shaving?
motometal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:17 PM   #214
yater
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by motometal
Years indeed, if they are made anything like the older Norelcos. I've had the some one for at least 15 years, replaced the rechargeable batteries once or twice ($3). Plus you can multi task, saves that five or ten minutes a day...over the course of your lifetime how many hours does the average man waste standing there shaving?
Yabbut.....the electric shit takes twice as long and does half the job. There isn't an electric "razor" on the market which actually shaves.
yater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:19 PM   #215
motometal
i like motorcycles

Oddometer: 3,440
I doubt it takes twice as long when you include your time lathering, washing and whatever else is in the procedure. Electric shaving doesn't have those steps. Maybe the shave isn't quite as close, I'll give you that.
motometal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:25 PM   #216
Twilight Error
Going nowhere slowly

Oddometer: 22,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinks

Is there space at Casa de Tinks this June? Plans are solidifying...
Old 03-22-2010, 05:36 PM   #217
yater
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by motometal
I doubt it takes twice as long when you include your time lathering, washing and whatever else is in the procedure. Electric shaving doesn't have those steps. Maybe the shave isn't quite as close, I'll give you that.
I shave in the shower. I just can't get my neck with those electric jobs....and I end up all stubbly afterward. I guess if you're in a hurry to get to work and you want to look presentable, it'd be a good idea.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:04 PM   #218
Waco
Renegade Sickle Hound

Oddometer: 14,967
Quote:
Originally Posted by yater
I shave in the shower. I just can't get my neck with those electric jobs....and I end up all stubbly afterward. I guess if you're in a hurry to get to work and you want to look presentable, it'd be a good idea.
Just don't be the guy shaving in traffic.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:20 PM   #219
Ride_There
Will ride for bacon.

Oddometer: 3,071
The old razor manufacturing lines are shipped overseas. Gillette will then go into cultures that do not shave regularly. They push more people into the idea of shaving everyday. The process continues. Smart fuckers...
Ride_There is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:19 PM   #220
VonHelm
soggy doggy

Oddometer: 3,964
Well, that explains Brazil...
Spread your arms and hold you breath
And always trust your cape (Guy Clark)
VonHelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:47 PM   #221
Night_Wolf
Leg Humper

Oddometer: 8,068
So what model is this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota
Up until a month ago I used the one second from the right. A month ago I was contemplating shaving off my winter growth and moving into the summer shave-every-day season. I was out shopping and I looked at how much blades for these things cost. Then I looked over at the electric razors and I figured I would break even if the electric lasted only a couple years. Plus, shaving would be much more pleasant.

So I bought one of these:

A hundred bucks and it gives me the best shave I have ever had (without a brand new blade in my razor). Now I shave every day, whereas before, my wife was lucky if I shaved twice a week. I hated it that much. Very satisfied and if properly cared for this thing will last for years.

L 51.01.900 / L W 114.05.900

"That road less traveled is a toll road, and sometimes the charge is more expensive than we ever expected. Most of the time, it's a one way road. Make the decision, hope for the best, and start traveling. Carry lots of coins." PecosBill

Pick good friends and you'll never be lacking Family Me
Night_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:49 PM   #222
yater
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waco Kid
Just don't be the guy shaving in traffic.
I shave my legs in traffic. Is that bad??
Old 03-23-2010, 07:01 AM   #223
Tinks
Imp of Satan

Oddometer: 20,360
Quote:

Is there space at Casa de Tinks this June? Plans are solidifying...
There is always space for you.

(Mr. Disaster) Preston Drew Haun June 17, 1981- August 15, 2010
Tinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:14 AM   #224
Jabba
"HOLD THE LIGHT!!!"

Oddometer: 12,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeraux
No they don't.

Other than nostalga, there's no reason to use a straight blade. Everyone who tells you they get a better shave with one of these is trying to convince themselves as much as they're trying to convince you.

If you want to use one, good on ya. Enjoy it. Buck the trend, be different.

Just don't try to convince anyone that the shave is "better".

Well- quite simply, you're wrong. The blades available for a single blade safety razor are far better quality than what you're getting in that Gillette shit. They're paper thin and have an amazing edge. Look at those 4 or 5 or 12 blades on a Gillette and you can visually see how thick they are. I use the Feather brand of blades. They're incredibly thin and sharp. It's not a slam dunk like a Fusion- but it does give a better shave once you learn how to use the things. I switched and I'm not going back. Screw those price gouging bastiges. The closeness of the shave is superior- at the cost of a few nicks and cuts until you learn how to use the thing. The key is to keep everything wet with freshly brushed cream or soap- that Proraso that was posted on the first page is AMAZING stuff, btw. Buy some!- and to use just the weight of the razor for pressure. Push hard like you're used to with a modern Gillette and you're gonna walk away bloodied. Get the touch down after a while, and you'll know what a truly close shave is.

Like a lot of things- invest a little in some decent tools, learn how to use them, and shaving becomes a joy, rather than just another chore. And you don't have to choke on the grocery bill every time you need to buy blades.

"The road to paradise is paradise" Jacques Yves Cousteau
Jabba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:31 AM   #225
snoid
100% Okie

Oddometer: 28,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba
Well- quite simply, you're wrong. on the grocery bill every time you need to buy blades.
i'm often hungover and shaking. yer tips sound like certain death to me.

i need 5 to 12 thick blades all in a neat little corral lending little to no chance of slicing my jugular.
snoid is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: