Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2014, 08:46 PM   #1
bluebox OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 144
Cheap Freight Brokerage

Hey Everyone,
I just found a great Freight / Trucking network website.

A few days ago I bought a complete engine via an online auction and didn't get a quote on postage. I approached a few companies and got crazy quotes. (Pack n Send wanted over $3k) This is not the first time I have done this and in the past I have driven interstate to pickup bikes or parts purchased via online auctions.

Anyway I posted my freight job onto www.Truckit.net and people are actually bidding on my job. It's very cool. I will use this service the next time I want to ride coast to coast. Its perfect if you want to buy a bike online and get it home.

It looks like the going rate for car transport between Brisbane and Canberra is about $565 each way, so I could drag my car trailer down and back and get over $1000 to cover fuel and my time. I won't because I am not in the business of road transport and insurance could be a problem. But its good to see that private enterprise is alive and well.
bluebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 09:14 PM   #2
OldDog
Smelly Adventurer type

Oddometer: 4,368
I can use that for work as well as my misadventures on ebay etc, excellent! Thanks for posting it up!
OldDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 09:24 PM   #3
bluebox OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDog View Post
I can use that for work as well as my misadventures on ebay etc, excellent! Thanks for posting it up!
Yes, and if you are an interstate truck driver then it's ideal for back loads. I imagine that there is an army of old guys with land cruisers and tandem trailers keen to make a a few dollars. It's a win win for both sides. The last quote to cart the 50Kg+ motor was $180 door to door 977kms. The big companies wouldn't touch that...
bluebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 01:29 AM   #4
Phil_Fong
Labelled Extremist

Oddometer: 12,640
Just last night I was amazed to learn how many empty trucks travel from Nyngan to Adelaide

Phil_Fong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 03:33 AM   #5
dzl
adventurer wannabe

Oddometer: 78
Check out http://www.e-go.com.au/home.do have used many times and are always the cheapest by far compared to other quotes Ive got.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:13 AM   #6
Sundowner
Bort

Oddometer: 3,565
Yep, E-go is excellent. Never had a box so much as dented, let alone crushed - they handle your item with a lot of care.
Say 3 Hail KLRs and recite the old Honda "skid demon" warning 3 times." - CA Stu.
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote